new synth (Oberheim SEM on steroids) - December, 18.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Totolitoto wrote:Don't bother, Realmarco has probably been attacked by a guy named Synthedit in the past.
Those SynthEdit persons are really, really dangerous I hear :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, I know the specifications, I was just hoping for some independent user feedback ;)
By the way, how many simultaneous voices does your plugin have?
6x polyphonic (more would have been difficult because of the optional free running mode - but I think it's enough compared to the 1x of the original hardware  :) )
ImageImage

OK. Except for pads with long attack and release times there shouldn't be any problems due to the limited (by modern standards) number of voices.

By the way, I also added a comment on your new plugin in my old SEM thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359445

WOK wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, I know the specifications, I was just hoping for some independent user feedback ;)
By the way, how many simultaneous voices does your plugin have?
6x polyphonic (more would have been difficult because of the optional free running mode - but I think it's enough compared to the 1x of the original hardware  :) )
Well... it depends what you are referring to :wink: Remember there was also the TVS, the FVS and the EVS, and the later had eight voices (all of these consisted basically fo piled SEMs). So, eight voices would be desirable, to replicate the biggest (the Eight Voice System).
Fernando (FMR)

Hm, yes, maybe 8 voices would be ideal, as those two additional voices can make a big difference while probably not being too much of an additional burden on the hardware. After all, most of the time those 8 voices would not sound simultaneously...

I also suggest some sort of introductory price or Xmas special in order to attract new customers. 58 Euros or about 80 Dollars might seem a bit much for a SE plugin. Luckily I already had the regular version so the upgrade was not that expensive :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I also suggest some sort of introductory price or Xmas special in order to attract new customers. 58 Euros or about 80 Dollars might seem a bit much for a SE plugin. Luckily I already had the regular version so the upgrade was not that expensive :)
I made the offer that I will return the purchase price to the first, who'll send me a suitable demo song for Uncle Sam  :)
I'll extend this to a second offer, a refund for the first one sending me a .fxb bank with 64 usefull presets (usefull = not just 64 different cutoff positions for the same bass  :wink: )
The first SAM has had the 1/2 price intro. This time I had the update offer. We'll see with the next thingy...
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I also suggest some sort of introductory price or Xmas special in order to attract new customers. 58 Euros or about 80 Dollars might seem a bit much for a SE plugin. Luckily I already had the regular version so the upgrade was not that expensive :)
I made the offer that I will return the purchase price to the first, who'll send me a suitable demo song for Uncle Sam  :)
I'll extend this to a second offer, a refund for the first one sending me a .fxb bank with 64 usefull presets (usefull = not just 64 different cutoff positions for the same bass  :wink: )
The first SAM has had the 1/2 price intro. This time I had the update offer. We'll see with the next thingy...
OK - I'll bite that one. It will be only 22 euros, but hey, I was already planning to create one for free. I'll buy the upgrade tonight. Hope I can please you 64 times :)
Fernando (FMR)

The comb filter is cool, I was just playing around with it and all of a sudden I had a vocoder-like bass sound :D

Is it just me or does the 24db filter always sound as if resonance were on, even if it is set to zero?

I also hear some noise when playing chords at higher octaves, makes me wonder if that plugin uses any oversampling. Speaking of noise, I often hear a slight short noise when pressing a key, even if attack is very long. Changing the release time doesn't seem to change that, either.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it just me or does the 24db filter always sound as if resonance were on, even if it is set to zero?
I had a quick look and in fact there is a mistake with the knob scaling. I will make an update for this (after Christmas :wink: )
I also hear some noise when playing chords at higher octaves, makes me wonder if that plugin uses any oversampling. Speaking of noise, I often hear a slight short noise when pressing a key, even if attack is very long. Changing the release time doesn't seem to change that, either.
Please save a program (.fxp) of this setting and send it to me.
There are some analog noises (specially when "old" is on), but it should not be too audible.
ImageImage

I was just playing around some more. I guess the click sound has to do with the EQ button. I hear exactly the same short sound when playing a muted pad sound and turning the EQ button across the mid point from either direction (while keeping the keys pressed).

While we're at it, is there a reason why the LFO double-click position is not the middle? It defaults to like 3 o clock, is there a special LFO frequency at that position? I was already wondering that with the old SAM...

fluffy_little_something wrote:While we're at it, is there a reason why the LFO double-click position is not the middle? It defaults to like 3 o clock, is there a special LFO frequency at that position? I was already wondering that with the old SAM...
The double-click not always goes to zero but to "useful" positions. The amount of LFO is set at the mod targets (which go to zero with doubleclick), so it would not make sense to set the LFO speed to zero with doubleclick.
ImageImage

Well, regarding the LFO knob it says in your own manual, I quote:

"Center = off (doubleclick)"

I think it would make sense to practice what you preach :D

Return to “Instruments”