Blamsoft VK-1 Viking synth Rack Extension for Reason

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eXode wrote:I prefer Thor for my moog sounds tbh. I think Thor does a better "raw" sound a'la original minimoog model d than what the Viking can produce. But it requires that you know how to program it properly (i.e. apply some tricks for snappier exponential envelopes etc), but it's all do-able inside the box.

This is no DIVA.
Viking just been out a couple of days, how can you decide this so quickly?

You say that it requires you know how to program it, which logically will take a while to learn then...

After playing some more with it, I've found that I think that the filter sounds nice indeed.
Last edited by eXode on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demo'd this yesterday - sorry not a fan of this apart from the beautiful GUI

for some reason, plugs are able to emulate all kinds of synths and compressors but for some reason it is always the moog emulations I am underwhelmed by.

eXode wrote:This is no DIVA.
Well not even DIVA is a DIVA in your sense far as I am concerned. But if someone would reproduce the following analogue sequences and sound with DIVA 1:1, I would be ready to change my mind if not buy it instantly.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jjxPY9D9 ... 9JOg&gl=DK

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=rela ... Edj4A818XU

:love: :love: :love:

Anyone will make a go for it on DIVA, Thor, Viking or whatever weapon of choice?

Sometimes I just wish I could delete old posts like these. Hopefully I've grown since this original comment was made.
Last edited by eXode on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IncarnateX wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
cyberheater wrote:It like have a Moog Voyager in your rack. Stunning. Those filters are awesome.

:lol:

A naughty little troll you are! Me like :D
Oh. didn't mean it in an ugly way.. Guess I need to think more before I post. :ud:

eXode wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Well not even DIVA is a DIVA in your sense far as I am concerned.
That doesn't make any sense at all.
Well I read your "this is not a diva" as if this should be the standard for or king of analog emulations at present and to me it isn't. It is a digital synth that sounds like one.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VitaminD wrote:Oh. didn't mean it in an ugly way.. Guess I need to think more before I post. :ud:
Sorry Vitamin D but if you ever have heard this one, you would know that there is no way to concieve it but the ugly way. I have never heard a synth sound as close to a kazoo like this...a broken kazoo that is. I thought you referred to this fact. My bad, not yours.

IncarnateX wrote:Sorry Vitamin D but if you ever have heard this one, you would know that there is no way to concieve it but the ugly way. I have never heard a synth sound as close to a kazoo like this...a broken kazoo that is.
Well, should you ever happen to need the Moog Kazoo sound, Model E is free to download from Steinberg now :wink:

Sorry, I can be an idiot sometimes. Hopefully I've grown since.
Last edited by eXode on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eXode wrote: So what, am I not entitled to an opinion different from yours?
Sure mate. I was just commenting from my point of view. You know, to exhange opinions in mutual respect and not to get you down. But most of all to provide a challenge to those that think DIVA can sound like a real analogue synth and that does not necessarily include you. Sorry if it came out any other way.

Numanoid wrote:
eXode wrote:I prefer Thor for my moog sounds tbh. I think Thor does a better "raw" sound a'la original minimoog model d than what the Viking can produce. But it requires that you know how to program it properly (i.e. apply some tricks for snappier exponential envelopes etc), but it's all do-able inside the box.

This is no DIVA.
Viking just been out a couple of days, how can you decide this so quickly?

You say that it requires you know how to program it, which logically will take a while to learn then...
well exode is pretty much a king synth programmer, so, i'd trust his opinion.
Furthermore,

the blamsoft guy is a pretty nasty piece of work, so, he can take the pole he's got permanently shoved up his ass and keep it there afaiac.

VitaminD wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
cyberheater wrote:It like have a Moog Voyager in your rack. Stunning. Those filters are awesome.

:lol:

A naughty little troll you are! Me like :D
Oh. didn't mean it in an ugly way.. Guess I need to think more before I post. :ud:
you didn't really do anything wrong at all. You were just showing some similarities in the gui's.

IncarnateX wrote:
eXode wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:Well not even DIVA is a DIVA in your sense far as I am concerned.
That doesn't make any sense at all.
Well I read your "this is not a diva" as if this should be the standard for or king of analog emulations at present and to me it isn't. It is a digital synth that sounds like one.
i am just curious, at present, with what's currently *available* on any virtual platform, what do you consider to bt eh standard or "king of" analog virtual synths? TIA :)

VitaminD wrote:

:D

(not my image - someone sent it to me on Twitter)

Return to “Instruments”