XILS-LE is it just me ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Presets, factory presets just sound all wrong. some are speaker busting loud others have slow envelopes, others almost have an envelope delay and just don't play well.

I grabbed xenons patches and they help but I still have the feelling something is not right, I have tried reinstalls and have the latest mac builds but still it doesn't play well.

If this is just the way this synts is fair enough but just need to check something is not wrong.

Hi topaz,

Could you give me the name of one of the presets which sound weird for you ?
I will check it.
You must be aware that even if with the latest version you can import banks made with the full version, the result could not be correct in this case.
But we opened this possibility as for some presets which doesn't use new modules, this could be a first step for tweaking your sound.

Only banks made for the LE version are fully compatible.

Best regards
Xavier

Hi, ok I will check later.

The xenon bank is designed for LE
xavier wrote:Hi topaz,

Could you give me the name of one of the presets which sound weird for you ?
I will check it.
You must be aware that even if with the latest version you can import banks made with the full version, the result could not be correct in this case.
But we opened this possibility as for some presets which doesn't use new modules, this could be a first step for tweaking your sound.

Only banks made for the LE version are fully compatible.

Best regards
Xavier

I noticed I have to give patches a few seconds to load before playing, otherwise they seem to have some issue loading completely, like some of the matrix pin connectors are loose. Maybe that is part of the emulation? :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I can't comment on the LE version itself, because to preserve project compatibility when you upgrade to the full Xils 3 version, you can only have one of the two installed on a machine, but the LE version has the same audio engine than its big brother, only some parameters are missing, and its still a fully modular synth you can buy for a vile price, so anyway here are a few audio demos I made for the Xilistics soundset for the Xils 3 full version.

Cat on a burning roof

Some basses and percs

Some Keys and synths

Some pads and FX

Etc etc more demos on the Xil site. All naked truth audio demos btw, no comps, no eq, no nothing, so its the pure Xils 3 sound :shrug: I did not notice something especially wrong. Fwiw.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

That sounds perfect ( you know me from some of the early impOscar patches ) I must have an install problem.

Off to check again.

Lotuzia wrote:I can't comment on the LE version itself, because to preserve project compatibility when you upgrade to the full Xils 3 version, you can only have one of the two installed on a machine, but the LE version has the same audio engine than its big brother, only some parameters are missing, and its still a fully modular synth you can buy for a vile price, so anyway here are a few audio demos I made for the Xilistics soundset for the Xils 3 full version.

Cat on a burning roof

Some basses and percs

Some Keys and synths

Some pads and FX

Etc etc more demos on the Xil site. All naked truth audio demos btw, no comps, no eq, no nothing, so its the pure Xils 3 sound :shrug: I did not notice something especially wrong. Fwiw.

LtZ

ok, as you can hear these patches are pretty much unplayable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfrcsge8biea4 ... 20cham.aif
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mftuj3n25p9a3 ... _Bass5.aif
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4o7w9e4pmwwg ... Lead_1.aif

Live 8 (latest build)
OSX 10.6.8
Mac Pro 2.6

topaz wrote:That sounds perfect ( you know me from some of the early impOscar patches ) I must have an install problem.

Off to check again.

Lotuzia wrote:I can't comment on the LE version itself, because to preserve project compatibility when you upgrade to the full Xils 3 version, you can only have one of the two installed on a machine, but the LE version has the same audio engine than its big brother, only some parameters are missing, and its still a fully modular synth you can buy for a vile price, so anyway here are a few audio demos I made for the Xilistics soundset for the Xils 3 full version.

Cat on a burning roof

Some basses and percs

Some Keys and synths

Some pads and FX

LtZ
Thanks Topaz,

You might want to visit and post the problem on the Xils user forum section related to the Xils 3 series :

Xils 3 Forum

Maybe you can find here a solution for your problem, and also it easier for Xils to trace the problems, then analyse them, and propose solutions.

And thanks for the details of your system, in case there's no turnaround, and its a verified bug, it will help us to trace and fix it.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ok posted.

well, I have but needs moderating.

Definitely not just you. Actually I'm glad to see it might be a bug, I just thought the factory presets were rubbish.

the thing is its not just the factory presets for me, many are really unplayable..

in the words of catweazle "nothing works"
baconpriest wrote:Definitely not just you. Actually I'm glad to see it might be a bug, I just thought the factory presets were rubbish.

Yeah, I had something like that a while ago. A soundset I bought sounded astoundingly bad. I thought it had to be some version compatibility issue but didn't pursue it.

Not just you.

I have the full version of XILS 3 and noticed many of the factory patches including third party soundsets sounding strange with the latest updates.

Reverting back to older versions fixed the issue for me.

Edit: Latest version of PolyKB II is correct.
Last edited by rasscass on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

it wasn't me :-)

this issue has now been fixed in the latest beta version.

Thanks for your help Topaz.

You can find the new version on our download page for the full eLicenser or the LE, but ilok users must wait a day or two.

(The polyKB II is correct with the last 2.1.2, August 15th)

If you need more informations (about your projects/presets, etc ..), just contact us, we will be glad to answer.

Best regards
Xavier

Return to “Instruments”