U-He's DIVA is getting a freak'n arp!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
braj wrote:Are there parameter modulations planned beside note arpeggiation?
Not yet set in stone if and how. We would like to avoid "complicated" in favour of fast & simple. It does store velocity though.
simple is good. Also consider selling a cut down monophonic DIVA spin off parameter matched to the ranges of the Model D.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Old Crab wrote:
vurt wrote:
Urs wrote: Zebra 3.
:hyper:!
(Maybe we should unite to form the People's Front of Zebra)

bmrzycki wrote:
Old Crab wrote:
vurt wrote:
Urs wrote: Zebra 3.
(Maybe we should unite to form the People's Front of Zebra)

Seems to be great, looking forward to it.

Oh man, sounds great, but enough about the arp. I wanna hear about the freak. :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

electro wrote:
Urs wrote:
braj wrote:Are there parameter modulations planned beside note arpeggiation?
Not yet set in stone if and how. We would like to avoid "complicated" in favour of fast & simple. It does store velocity though.
simple is good. Also consider selling a cut down monophonic DIVA spin off parameter matched to the ranges of the Model D.
A Minimoog emulation that's considerably cheaper than Diva would cannibalise sales and create more costs for support. It might cost someone his job. This is no-go territory.

I also think that a Minimoog only works as hardware. It's feature set is optimised ( = restricted ) for live knob tweaking. An exact same software can't replace it. You'll need a hardware company to do this. For users of softsynths otoh an exact Minimoog clone would be too little to spend money on. They want a polysynth with added means of modulation and expression.

Thus: The only reason to build a Minimoog clone is to prove a point that we don't need to prove anymore.

I shall stick my neck out and say that the arp in Sylenth would work very well in Diva.

Step velocity as a mod source would be beautiful.

can't complain for a free addition to an already great product.
and a quick arp is always useful to have it right there within the plugin ....although i have kirnu setup for main arp duties.
#but really to complete the picture Diva needs an SEM filter...then really it has ALL the classic analog sounds covered.
and yes the phase reset trick of the minitaur could be something useful to look into.

considering all main efforts seems to go into zebra3 nowadays and even some of diva's tech has made its way in zebra....Urs i hope u'll consider at least an upgrade price to zebra3 for Diva's users.
Last edited by olikana on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks nice but I am more interested in any Christmas sales for the financially challenged :hihi:

Like me :D

agit wrote:Looks nice but I am more interested in any Christmas sales for the financially challenged :hihi:

Like me :D
U-he does not do sales...

Hehe, Guys, you are asking for a lot ;-)

Still, many times I thought "yeah, that's easy to do already" so at least we won't disappoint somebody :).

But beware: There will be a compromise between power vs. ease of use in Diva.

Maybe Zebra3 will contain more advanced controls for every little bit of the sequence... and they might share their arp/seq-presets... :roll:

the osc phase retriger on the list for a futur update is a good news ! should be on any plugins.

cheppner wrote:Hehe, Guys, you are asking for a lot ;-)

Still, many times I thought "yeah, that's easy to do already" so at least we won't disappoint somebody :).

Simple is good. Just don't forget about tie/slide. :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
cheppner wrote:Hehe, Guys, you are asking for a lot ;-)

Simple is good. Just don't forget about tie/slide. :)
No worries, tie/slide will be in the sequencer. Not sure how this affects the arpeggiator.

AdmiralQuality wrote: Poly-Ana lets you take 2 extra monophonic MIDI channels as "sequencer" inputs which become modulation sources, suitable for tracking the filter(s) or whatever. Very powerful! (And and a shame nobody ever uses it. :? )
Is it somewhere in manual? I didn't know it has such interesting feature.
Murderous duck!

Return to “Instruments”