One-Synth-Challenge 46: Triple Cheese - Voting and Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triple Cheese

OK, managed to find my way through new-soundcloud and go through the entries. 3 hours of music total this month! Whew. Tough choices too, some really good stuff in there.

Here are my final 5:

5 pts: Jasinski - Why Do We Keep Doing What We Do?
4 pts: Irion Da Ronin - Na Die Reen
3 pts: Yeager - Smile!
2 pts: Skyzone - Our Crowded World
1 pt: marks-a-whybikky - Sandy Island (South Pacific)

And special mentions that almost made it - I had a real tough time deciding: SolidTrax Black Cheese, Nahkaorava Serious Hypolactasia, pedalsteeldrummer We Come In Peace, Photonic Brie Amplifier, dimtsak Watch the thorns, RudiRuena Black Flash dub, ClaRago Panacotta Army, Doc Jon Breaking the Code.

Also, thanks for the votes so far - together we can improve this great nation, create jobs, etc., for a brighter future, children and grandchildren, in the new economy, etc., synthesizers, moms and dads, etc. etc. :) QuadrupleA 2012.

Hello! This is my first time, and I am a little shy... ;). Forgive me my poor english (google translate is my friend). I had no trouble with choosing my favourite song. Photonic - BrieAmplifier is definitely my number one. In this briliant song, Photonic has proven, that he is not only a great composer, but that he is the Master of the World in turning Triple Cheese into great sounding percussion :). But the other four are only one step behind thy champion, and it was very hard for me to choose a proper order.

Here are all five:

5 pts: Photonic - BrieAmplifier
4 pts: Jasinski - Why Do We Keep DoingWhat We Do?
3 pts: Nahkaorava - Serious Hypolactasia
2 pts: Thrax - Sliced and Diced
1 pt: Skyzone - Our Crowded World

Have a nice day :)

Hi,

Thirst let me say thank you for the points so far and for the very nice comments! They are warming my soul :D

Here are my votes:

5 points: Nahkaorava - Serious Hypolactasia
The begin is very reduced, but has a hypnotic goove. I like how the arrangment grows over the time, till it comes to the very well played solos. Good soundprogramming, very well and balanced mixed.

4 points: Doc Jon - Breaking the Code
A good oldshool synthi-pop from the 80's. Wonderfull soundprogramming. I like this type-writer sound for percussion. Nice composition.

3 points: QuadrupleA - Twitchy Robot
Similar to Nahkaoravas track, this one is evolving over time. A lot of interessting sounds are making the sugar on the cake.

2 points: pedalsteeldrummer - We Come In Peace
A perfect soundtrack for on old vintage sience fiction movie. I see black and white images, when I listen to it. Wonderfull idea and realisation!

1 point: Irion Da Ronin - Na Die Reën
Again an Irion typical atmospharic track. Very dreamy, good to relax. Sounds and mixing as good as ever.

cheers,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

5 points
Jasinski - Just one more
4 points
Jasinksi - Why do we keep doing what we do.

After listening for a while I just can't come to another conclusion to give Jasinski 9 points. The second track you've posted is more a track with the contest in mind I guess. That one just keeps repeating in my head.

3 points
Photonic - BrieAmplifier
2 points
Irion Da Ronin - Na Die Reën
1 point
QuadrupleA - Twitchy Robot v2

Hi to all,
wow, over 3 hours of great music ... listen again and again. Many tracks are great and perfect so it is hard to give points only to the TOP 5.

But I had to make a decision, so here are the points:

5 Points -> Skyzone - Our Crowded World
Beautifull sounds and a nice beginning. I like the arping melodies and the background FX, reminds me to my backs in Rotation 10.

4 Points -> Thrax - Sliced And Diced
From the first time i listen to the track i think: great. Nice beats (specially the BD), well mixed and a nice play with the delays. Specially the part on 2:00 is really nice.

3 Points -> Photonic - Brieamplifier
Again a nice track with nice melodys. For me a special point is the deepness of the used Reverb.

2 Points -> Solidtrax - BlackCheese
Yes, it's black :evil: Nice minimal sounds, a great bassline and electronic sounds. BTW: i don't know why it's called "2nd try" in the mp3-Info block ....

1 Points -> Pedalsteeldrummer - We Come In Peace
Wonderfull: the used fx and little arp-melodies make a perfect SciFi 50s atmosphere.

H.M. goes to the tracks near (really near) by the points:
Cactoos - A Better Tomorrow-Intro -> beautifull soundtextures, specialy the raindrops i can hear
IrionDaRonin - NaDieRen -> as ever: perfect sound quality and mix
Quadruplea - TwitchyRobotV2 -> nice 80s style
RobWest - Rennet -> I like the fx and the running melodies :)
Yeager - Smile -> great sounds and beats, so powerfull
DocJon - Breaking The Code -> Nice arping in JMJ style
Nahkaorava - Serious Hypolactasia -> great beat and melodies
Z.prime - Under The Australian Moon (redux) -> pushing melodie and beats, well mixed as ever
Ers - Human No More -> Great fx and soundatmosphere
Marks-a-whybikky - Search Find And Loose -> Also nice fx and melodies

To all other: please read my comments i give from listening.

Greets to all and wish you very nice pre-christmas days :)

Have a nice day
Last edited by kraftraum on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

ShadowsofBirds wrote: 1 pts - Kraftraum - Rotation 10
Thx for the point:)
marks-a-whybikky wrote: 5 pts Kraftraum - Rotation 10[/color]
Wow, thank you very much ... you make my day;)
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

kraftraum wrote:Hi to all,
wow, over 3 hours of great music ... listen again and again. Many tracks are great and perfect so it is hard to give points only to the TOP 5.

2 Points -> Solidtrax - BlackCheese
Yes, it's black :evil: Nice minimal sounds, a great bassline and electronic sounds. BTW: i don't know why it's called "2nd try" in the mp3-Info block ....

Greets to all and wish you very nice pre-christmas days :)

Have a nice day
Thanks kraftraum! Its called 2nd try because of the original filename ;-)

[OT once more]@ SoundCloud

Sorry to bother again, but we are witnessing how money and big business is grabbing a community we so much grew to like as some of you guys we are sure.

Please consider to join this group:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/the-societ ... soundcloud

Let's not be quiet!

_

Lots of great cheesy tracks this month! My favs

5pts Jasinski- Why Do We Keep Doing What We Do? groovy, funky and great sounds
4pts Shadows of Birds - Crayons and Dodos wild off the wall sounds
3pts Yeager - Smile ! nice jazzy chords
2pts QuadrupleA - Cheese Symphony great old vinyl vibe
1pt Kraftraum - Rotation 9 good sound design

also liked
Solidtrax - Black Cheese
Farlukar - Gazelle
ClaRago_Panacotta Army
pedalsteeldrummer - We Come In Peace!
quadrupleA - Twitchy Robot v2

Nick

_

Amazing turnout this month, and so many good entries. I found myself turning towards the more unusual tracks for my votes this month.

5 points: marks-a-whybikky - Sandy Island
marks-a-whybikky has been promising to deliver something special for a while with his off-kilter productions, and I think with "Sandy Island" he has finally done it. I really love the way there is always a hint of threatening tension in the background. What does it all mean?.. Who knows?! What IS Sandy Island?.. Who cares! Brilliant track, and my choice for this month's winner.

4 points: SkyZone - Brothers and Sisters
Sometimes I think Fabrizio is spreading himself a bit thin with the amount of entries, but this month all his tracks were strong, and I love "Brothers and Sisters". It is bristling with such positive energy, and is supported by a compelling arrangement and some really vivid and detailed sound design. Well done.

3 points: Shadows of Birds - Crayons and Dodos
There were a fair few off-beat entries this month and I particularly liked this one. I always try to discover the character of a synth when I start working on the One Synth Challenge and I think Crayons and Dodos really captures the strange sound-world of Triple Cheese. Looking forward to hear more work from Shadows…

2 points: QuadrupleA - Twitchy Robot v2
This is such a fun track that it went onto my shortlist almost as soon as I heard it. I think sometimes when focusing on production and sound design and everything it's easy to lose the raw energy behind a track, and this just has a great "vibe". Perfectly captures that 80s breakdancing thing, just a shame it doesn't last longer!

1 point: Irion Da Ronin - Na Die Reen
Quite a few of the entries went for a big production-style - this was the best I think. You can tell a lot of work went into this, but unlike some of the other entries this really maintains its focus and mood from beginning to end. A real pleasure to sit back and chill out to…

And some honourable mentions:

Jasinski - Why Do We Keep Doing What We Do?
Another great entry from Jasinski (of course!). Amazing production and groove (HOW did you get that kick drum?!).

bzur - Unconventionally
I just really like the sort of understated, wandering groove here. This will stay on my iPod for a while I think...

Quaoar - Vintage Cheese
This caught my attention because the melody instruments are big and bold - a lot of people seem to hide behind arps and bass-lines most of the time. Title could have been a bit more inventive though :-)

Farlukar - Gazelle
This is a kind of music I would really like to be able to write but have no idea where to start. Love the dark, twitchy hip-hop vibe.

Photonic - BrieAmplifier
This track just flows like water - a really smooth mix with a (slightly cheesy?) 80s feeling. Feel I should listen to this while racing along the Florida ocean highway in an open-top sports car…

Cheers everyone

pedalsteeldrummer

5. Angelremington.....simple melody......... (#44. -in the playist)
4. Photonic............. BrieAmplifier........... (#25. -in the playist)
3. Thrax................. Sliced and Diced..... (#10. -in the playist)
2. Skyzone............. Our crowded World.. (#26. -in the playist)
1. Irion Da Ronin...... Na Die Reen........... (#33. -in the playist)

Thank you Whybikky for the vote! I am super grateful and I'm glad you liked my track.

It took so long to sift through all these entries. After my first run through I thought I made a dent in the surface and then I realized I picked 23 TOP SOUNDS. Before I dedicate my votes I want to mention my top artists this month: rob west, solidtrax, e@rs, whybikky, thrax, nahkaorava, z prime, yeager, kraftraum, quadA, photonic, dimtsak, doc jon, evo2slo, ruedi, skyzone, and angelremington.

OK top 5

5 - Iron da Ronin - Na Die Reen - excellent sound design, attention to detail, crystal clear phonic quality. Just a display of musical talent. The track brings about emotional response and it has a sick ass bassline.

4 - Jasinski - Why Do We.. - DAMN YOU JASINSKI! Great track! Awesome percussion, awesome melodies, etc etc etc etc....you know your music theory

3 - Photonic - Brie Amplifier - I love the mood of this track. Excellent sound design and mastering

2 - QuadripleA - Twitchy Robot - ever since that short preview I've been wanting to hear the long version, Im glad you stretched it out.

1 - Cactoos - A Better Tomorrow - clearly this track has great sound quality, but the reason its on my top list is because it was just addicting and a pleasure to listen to. When I feel something while listening to music I know I'm listening to some quality shit.

I love the fact that we had 50 entries this month, I hate that I have to choose the best. I almost wish there was a third party that selects the best sounds, that way I can redirect the hard decisions on someone else, and then bitch about their choices. Thank you

First, Thanks for all comments on my track. Also thanks if I get any points. Zero so far..whats up lol ? :P :oops:

Anyway, after lissening though all entries I had filtered out these 15:

cactoos - a better tomorrow - intro
Distorque - Radix
Rob West- Rennet
Thrax - Sliced and Diced
Nahkaorava - Serious Hypolactasia
Yeager - Smile !
zgraja - Triple Impact
Jasinski- Why Do We Keep Doing What We Do?
dimtsak - Watch the thorns
QuadrupleA - Cheese Symphony
Doc Jon - Breaking the Code
AdagioCm - Eilistraee (The Dance of the Dark Maiden)
evo2slo - Dreamtime
Angelremington - triple cheezer

after listening some more on those I had filtered out these 8:

cactoos - a better tomorrow - intro
Yeager - Smile !
zgraja - Triple Impact
Jasinski- Why Do We Keep Doing What We Do?
dimtsak - Watch the thorns
AdagioCm - Eilistraee (The Dance of the Dark Maiden)
evo2slo - Dreamtime

then, after listening even more I ended up with this final list:

5p dimtsak - Watch the thorns
4p Nahkaorava - Serious Hypolactasia
3p evo2slo - Dreamtime
2p cactoos - a better tomorrow - intro
1p zgraja - Triple Impact

If some of you wanna hear what I think of your track (or why, or why not you are on a list, or why or why not you got point(s) etc. just msg and I will explain :)

Heck, what a difficult month, and that was just trying to listen to 50 entries, let alone pick out those to vote for :shock:

Top 2 places this month went to those cheeky chappies who went 'off piste' and managed to get such great organic orchestral sounds from such a blatantly digital synth. Very brave move and totally unexpected, so awarding points for standing out from the crowd

5 points
evo2slo - Dreamtime

4 points
QuadrupleA - Cheese Symphony

3 points
Irion Da Ronin - Na Die Reen

2 points
Photonic - Brie Amplifier

1 point
Solidtrax - Black Cheese

Shortlisted but just out of the points, in no particular order:
Cactoos - Better Tomorrow
Jasinski - Just One More
e@rs - Human No More
Skyzone - Our Crowded World

Well done to everyone else too!

Jon

It was the first time I took part in this competition! Some really, really good songs, here the level is sky-high! :) Thank you for the great music, eveyone! And thanks to everyone who took the trouble to comment my song and vote for me! :D

Here are my points, it was pretty damn hard to decide, I would probably share the points differently if I did it again. But this is how I feel today! :P

5p:Photonic - BrieAmplifier
4p:Jasinski - Why Do We Keep Doing What we Do
3p:QuadrupleA - Cheese Symphony
2p:QuadrupleA - Twitchy Robot V2
1p:Yeager - Smile

And these guys were really, really close (not in any particular order)

-Ricler- The Cheese SHhop
-Skyzone: Our Crowded World
-Kraftraum - Rotation 9
-Doc Jon - Breaking the Code
-Evoslo - Dreamtime
-Jasinski - Just One More
-cactoos - a better tomorrow - intro
-Solidtrax - Black Cheese

Cheers! :D

Return to “Instruments”