Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Our entry for the KVR OSC 47, u-he Bazille:

Solidtrax - Do Not Forget Your Bazille For Lunch

Composing/Arranging/Sounddesign:
Host: Renoise
VSTi: 22 Instances of u-he's Bazille v0.5
FX: Almost only the native renoise plugins like EQ, Filter, LofiMat, Delay, Reverb, mpReverb, Compressor, BusCompressor, Maximizer and a little of Cyanide2 from Bram^Smartelectronix.

And this time for Mastering:
Host Cubase 6.5.4 x64
FX: native cubase plugin: StudioEQ, plugin-alliance BX_Solo, Vladg/Sound Molot; Limit06 & Kuassa BasiQ.

Hope you like eating Bazille :D and good luck to everybody who joins!

http://soundcloud.com/solidtrax/solidtr ... orget-your
Last edited by solidtrax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

ClaRago wrote:I do not really want to argue but in that sense nothing is free. Whatever is downloaded "free" on the net requires some sort of paying service or equipment.
I did not buy CM Magazine for that piece of software so as far as I am concerned it was free. If necessary I will submit a "Satsonfree" version".It was only used on one of the 15 instances and can easily be replaced .
Interesting argument, but anyone else now wishing to use SatsonCM would have to pay extra money specifically to get it and that's the point of the rule. Would also not be 'easily available'.

As an example, I would have loved to use my TC Electronic M30 reverb that I got as a simple download for free when TC did a giveaway before, but it was time limited so no longer available. Still per definition free and easily available, but unfair to others.

V'ger wrote: Interesting argument, but anyone else now wishing to use SatsonCM would have to pay extra money specifically to get it and that's the point of the rule. Would also not be 'easily available.
Point taken. Entry re-upped without Satson replaced with Logic inbuilt gain .I will be more careful in the future as to the choice of my "free" plug-ins.

_

Bazille is prett6y cool! Here's my entry

10 instances of Bazille
Kjarhaus compression and limiter
EQ from Tracktion3
recorded in Tracktion3
Dynamic Range 13

https://soundcloud.com/nikp2000/nikp2000-december-dance

Nick

_

FYI - it looks like u-he released the "0.6" or perhaps "1331" revision of Bazille - I presume this is with the extended freebie time:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443

Along with some other betas (and an updated Triple Cheese! maybe we can use it for an OSC.. oh wait...). :)

Oh, and another freebie!: http://www.u-he.com/cms/podolski

u-he guys are quickly becoming one of my favorite: great software and good will all around! I'll probably be sending my Christmas money your way. :)

z.prime wrote:FYI - it looks like u-he released the "0.6" or perhaps "1331" revision of Bazille - I presume this is with the extended freebie time:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443
Curious about performance enhancements but have been holding off on upgrading as I've already done quite a bit of work on my entry already. Any reports on compatibility with sounds from the previous version?

And yeah, the Podolski synth is lots of fun. U-he seems to be cornering the OSC market lately. 8)

Seems Bazille didn't get any specific updates, just general bug fixes and improvements that all u-he synths did (VST3 support for one!), and the update is still beta so might as well wait if you're in the middle of something.

But if you were getting the FL stuck note bug, one of the fixes is for that which might be worth it.
----- New features -----

All - VST2 64-bit for MacOS X!
All - VST3 support on MacOS X and Windows!
All - Improved installers on Win and Mac.
All - Loading of converted vst2 presets in .vstpreset format.
All - Added Revision numbers for simple version control (e.g. for support).
All - Horizontally scrolling preset selector added to all plugins with multi-column view.

----- Fixed -----

All - Crashes on preset change via drop down menu, fixed.
All - No u-he folder in Library/ApplicationSupport or Library/Audio/Presets did crash, fixed.
All - Hanging notes and missing notes, no more! Hopefully... :-)
All - VST2 presets didn't load correctly in preset browser, fixed.
All - Retriggering of voices was changed to the worse. This affected certain legato and arp situations. Fixed.
All - Using a Wacom tablet gave problems with random erroneously right clicks, fixed.
All - Reaper adds a buffer when playing a loop using a u-he synth. Workaround: A text file renamed to default.h2p put into the preset folder with !BLOCK_LATENCY_OFF=YES in it cures that problem.
All - U-he AU Parameters weren't updated in Maschine on preset changes, fixed.
All - MidiLearn: Unlearning created an entry in the midiassign.txt, fixed.
All - AU, wrong formatting of text and other problems in the preset save dialog, fixed.
All - VST, GUI size was wrong under certain circumstances, fixed.
All - Portamento now takes stack-voice Detuning into account to calculate the pitch start position.
All - Glide not working properly for stacked voices, fixed.
All - Cocoa Namespace Collisions. It wasn't possible to mix AU and VST versions of one plugin in one project. Not all GUIs were shown. Fixed.
All - "Voice" modulator is now called "Stack Index"

V'ger wrote:But if you were getting the FL stuck note bug, one of the fixes is for that which might be worth it.
That problem in FL Studio happens when triggering notes via Qwerty keyboard.
But doesn't happens if you put notes in the pianoroll and rendering the song. Or even the MIDI keyboard it's ok.
That happens too with Dune BE.

Have a good day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
V'ger wrote:But if you were getting the FL stuck note bug, one of the fixes is for that which might be worth it.
That problem in FL Studio happens when triggering notes via Qwerty keyboard.
But doesn't happens if you put notes in the pianoroll and rendering the song. Or even the MIDI keyboard it's ok.
That happens too with Dune BE.

So it is a FL bug? Are there synths that don't have this problem?

Fritze wrote:So it is a FL bug? Are there synths that don't have this problem?
It is a kind of uncompatibility between FL Studio and X Synthesizers.
Not all synths got this bug in FL Studio, just a couple if i can remember well.

Have a nice day :)

Hi guys, I've sat down today and mixed this properly, did quite a bit more processing with some of the sounds. I think it's a bit better, but I'm still humbled by the other entries. They are all very good.

http://soundcloud.com/teezdalien/teezda ... kvr-osc-47

Made using around 19 instances of Bazille VSTi (u-he),
Inside Cockos's Reaper 4.
6x ReaEQ's,
2x ReaComp's
2x ReaDelay's
2x ReaVerbate's
6x Dominion (Digitalfishphones)
1x Molot (Vladg/Sound)
1x Maxwell Smart (Lively Audio)

I've also updated my earlier post.

hope you enjoy. :)

Nice work Teezdalien - this version definitely sounds more crisp in terms of the overall mixdown, really digging the nice fx over the main beat - lots of cool textures going on!

I have finished my track right now.
It was a hard work to make all in real time and CPU peaks plus automations. Insane.
Yesterday i was about to give up, but today i decided to short some tricks for avoiding too much CPU usage. As "Smart disable" and others tricks, Delay instead of large lenght ADSR releases.

I will set as downloadable tomorrow and make the proper text entry. The track is prepared in Soundcloud, only that it is hidden yet.

B.E.C 3 - The Last Chance (to get a Zebra) :hihi:

Now i must finish another track before 27th day and i will be free again until i start to prepare my little birthday party for some friends.
Dudes, no time to rest... :cry:

Have a nice day and pass nice days with family :)

Amazes me how people can keep on top of automation in FL when they are not related to the track or plugin in any way and just floats around like that, but I guess a lot of naming and coloring helps.

I see pitch effects are in use there Irion, but those are not allowed so better drop that before submitting.

V'ger wrote:Amazes me how people can keep on top of automation in FL when they are not related to the track or plugin in any way and just floats around like that, but I guess a lot of naming and coloring helps.

I see pitch effects are in use there Irion, but those are not allowed so better drop that before submitting.
Pitch effects? Where?
If you meant the 'Main pitch envelope' automation it is a pitch bend, like moving up and down the Midi Pitchbend wheel which are allowed and built-in since always in all soft synthesizers, or the same as automating the semitones in the synth oscillators.
I didn't bounced anything, so no samples in the track.

If for casuality you are talking about ET-301 delay, there is no pitch on it. ET-301 is a delay with filter which i have been using since months/years.
Nothing more.
So don't worry, everything is correct here.

Return to “Instruments”