What Is Your Opinion On eBay VST-STORE Kontakt Libraries?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I bought Kontakt, it was to have a) Realistic sounding instruments, and b) to have all of the synths I've ever wanted in one place. There are a lot of libraries from smaller companies like VST Store that makes Nord Wave, Alesis Andromeda, Yamaha FSR1 libraries and sell them on eBay. Are these libraries any good?

i.e. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clavia-Nord-Wav ... 27c1692590

Thanks.

The bad thing is, you never know what you're getting. Sometimes these are copies of old sample CD's like Akais. One time someone had a JP8000, and I was like ohhh... Luckily, he had some sample patches you could d/l and I did and they didn't sound so hot. I bought one from ebay and the guy was nice enough and it was one he had actually did, but ALL the instruments had the Glide set wrong, so I ended up having to resave all his presets.
Stick with Pink Noise Studios and Hollow Sun, and the other legit Kontakt magic workers around here. I have a lot of PN stuff, and the Virus one is great and a real bargain for what you get.

Looking at the link you posted:
Here are included ALL presets NORD WAVE in format NKI (Bank01, Bank02, Bank03, Bank04, Bank05, Bank06, Bank07 and USER BANK ) from hardware model NORD WAVE their most popular workstations. The given library allows to have sounds of this synth at you on a computer. Now you can save approximately $2000. The NKI liberys sampled in profesional quality!

If I were the manufacturer of Nord, I would be very annoyed that somebody would take all the presets I had spent time and hard work on making, and selling them on ebay. That feels like stealing to me (curiously this is allowed in Germany, but not in other countries).

I just tried searching for it but couldn't find it- but there was a recent thread from some guy on Steinberg or Gearsz who bought some of those VST Store packs- he was more or less pleased to have some of the synths' classic sounds, but found that a number of the patches had quirks that required some Kontakt editing.

Even if these libraries are recorded with the best possible methods at 1-to-1 key-to-sample quality, you're still not REALLY getting a duplicate of the advertised instrument. You're getting a given preset played a given way, not always even with velocity sensitivity.

What you're not getting is the ability to program new patches on the classic synth, or most (if any) of its dynamics, modulation options, or filter modeling.

So at best, if the quality's good, you've got sort of a Cliffs Notes summary of the synth's presets. But hey, that still might be enough for most people.

Very true and point taken about the Nord, as well as the new stuff, ie: synths that are still on the market. The older stuff is actually a gray area, at least for me, and I'm glad there's a digital record of this stuff.

I'd never buy software and Sound-ware from ebay

its too easy to get screwed with Kracks and copied Library CDs

there are way better websites for that.
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

osiris wrote:The bad thing is, you never know what you're getting. Sometimes these are copies of old sample CD's like Akais. One time someone had a JP8000, and I was like ohhh... Luckily, he had some sample patches you could d/l and I did and they didn't sound so hot. I bought one from ebay and the guy was nice enough and it was one he had actually did, but ALL the instruments had the Glide set wrong, so I ended up having to resave all his presets.
Stick with Pink Noise Studios and Hollow Sun, and the other legit Kontakt magic workers around here. I have a lot of PN stuff, and the Virus one is great and a real bargain for what you get.
I also like Synth Magic. Excellent quality. Lots of good stuff out there for kontakt actually.

guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on www dot vst hyphen store dot com another sounds.
Sounds is really high quality and I'm very happy. These people help us to have good sounds good prices. Is not that good?

symphodio wrote:guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on xxx another sounds.
Sounds is really high quality and I'm very happy. These people help us to have good sounds good prices. Is not that good?
Oh boy. :)

symphodio wrote:guys I already ordered Nord Wave from ebay to my Kontakt. And I am really heppy. Guys done. Made good sounds. I also ordered on www dot vst hyphen store dot com another sounds.
1st post? :P

I also add the following'
A lot of famous companies such as East West, Best Service, Native instrumens, Im Miltimedia and so on .... Created and sell sound from real synths and workstations. For example East West sell Nostalgia (and in this collection has a lot of sounds from real keyboards), IK Multimedia - Sell sounds from MOOG, Native Instruments - sounds from Yamaha keyboards and so on.... So I think that it is perfectly normal adn right. Because if you want to buy a real instrument such as Nord Wave, you will still buy it despite the fact that there is a virtual version of the sale or no.
For example, I have a lot of real instruments - Korg roland yamaha moog. But I'm still buying a virual versions of this keyboards. Since I'm a fan of these tools.
I play on real instruments in my concerts real-time. And I use the virual sounds on my Kontakt to create new music and so on....
So guys, it is perfectly normal and right to all musicians. Do not you agree?

symphodio wrote:A lot of famous companies such as East West, Best Service, Native instrumens, Im Miltimedia and so on .... Created and sell sound from real synths and workstations. For example East West sell Nostalgia (and in this collection has a lot of sounds from real keyboards), IK Multimedia - Sell sounds from MOOG, Native Instruments - sounds from Yamaha keyboards and so on....
As long as the developer of the synths sampled is paid royalties, it shouldn't be a problem

Hi there,

I bought something about norCtrack in 2017.
Because I didn't know my password for a new purchase, I wanted to reset my password what is not possible. I can't see Captcha on this page: https://vst-store.com/users/forgot-password.html . Can you see it?

I also wrote some mails due to the old purchase (reactivation of my download links should be possible as the company stated) but got no answer at all.

Anyone could help? :phones:

Numanoid wrote:
symphodio wrote:A lot of famous companies such as East West, Best Service, Native instrumens, Im Miltimedia and so on .... Created and sell sound from real synths and workstations. For example East West sell Nostalgia (and in this collection has a lot of sounds from real keyboards), IK Multimedia - Sell sounds from MOOG, Native Instruments - sounds from Yamaha keyboards and so on....
As long as the developer of the synths sampled is paid royalties, it shouldn't be a problem
You can sample any true analog synth without restriction, no need for royalties unless you try to use that synths trademarks and such, any more than you would have to pay fender or gibson for sampling one of their guitars. Sampling a workstation which itself uses samples would be different. Where it would be murky is whether the waveforms in a VA like the virus or nord lead constitute a sample in and of themselves.

ShawnG wrote:stuff
Just a heads-up that this is a 2013 thread bumped by a relatively unrelated question....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”