I want a workhorse synthesizer like Korg Triton

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote:
liquidsound wrote:It seems that Synthmaster will load samples in the near future.
It's a monster as it is already.
In the future???

You can already import WAV/AIFF multisamples and generate SFZz, or import your own SFZs.
Wait a minute! Are you saying that you can actually import and map multiple samples with multiple root notes, loop and crossfade these files, and then save SFZ files that are compatible with other SFZ players, all with Synthmaster?

:o

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

fst wrote:
Triskal wrote:I want a usable good library with no nonsense.
HALion Sonic. Not far off a mini-Motif and designed with the workstation ethos in mind.
Yep. As I own Halion Sonic and a Motif I agree with you. I dont think Omnisphere is what the OP needs. Dont get me wrong: I love Omni. But it certainly is not and was never meant to be a workstation a la Triton, Motif. Anyway: what we need is a Kronos VSTi :P

I'm thinking Omnisphere + Zebra

Note that I have not used either. But that's what my gut is telling me.

Is there much you can't pull off with that combo?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

audiojunkie wrote:
kv331 wrote:
liquidsound wrote:It seems that Synthmaster will load samples in the near future.
It's a monster as it is already.
In the future???

You can already import WAV/AIFF multisamples and generate SFZz, or import your own SFZs.
Wait a minute! Are you saying that you can actually import and map multiple samples with multiple root notes, loop and crossfade these files, and then save SFZ files that are compatible with other SFZ players, all with Synthmaster?

--Sean
No...

You can import multiple wav/aiff files and synthmaster creates a simple sfz file for them, but no internal mapping, looping or crossfade possibilities inside Synthmaster...

But anyway, it's a very powerful synth and the sample additions working fine and offer endless possibilites...

@midnight wrote:I'm thinking Omnisphere + Zebra

Note that I have not used either. But that's what my gut is telling me.

Is there much you can't pull off with that combo?
I could be wrong, but doesn't alchemy have better mangling capabilities?

audiojunkie wrote: Wait a minute! Are you saying that you can actually import and map multiple samples with multiple root notes, loop and crossfade these files, and then save SFZ files that are compatible with other SFZ players, all with Synthmaster?

--Sean
1. SynthMaster CAN read SFZ format
2. SynthMaster CAN import multisamples in the following way

a) The root note of each sample is either specified in the WAV/AIFF header OR in the file name, such as:
Guitar.E5.wav

b) You can also specify the velocity regions in the file name, such as:
Guitar.E5.0.63.wav -> region1
Guitar.E5.64.126.wav -> region2

AND one last thing, SynthMaster DOES read loop information IF it is in the WAV/AIFF header!

It's my bad, I havent provided videos on those features yet!

Will fix this until 2013 :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Omnisphere is heavily synth-sound oriented (also lots of great choirs and ethnic plucked thingies) but that won't cover for eg. brass or drums

I'm still using the ancient Steinberg Hypersonic II and am actually quite a fan :)
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

kv331 wrote:
audiojunkie wrote: Wait a minute! Are you saying that you can actually import and map multiple samples with multiple root notes, loop and crossfade these files, and then save SFZ files that are compatible with other SFZ players, all with Synthmaster?

--Sean
1. SynthMaster CAN read SFZ format
2. SynthMaster CAN import multisamples in the following way

a) The root note of each sample is either specified in the WAV/AIFF header OR in the file name, such as:
Guitar.E5.wav

b) You can also specify the velocity regions in the file name, such as:
Guitar.E5.0.63.wav -> region1
Guitar.E5.64.126.wav -> region2

AND one last thing, SynthMaster DOES read loop information IF it is in the WAV/AIFF header!

It's my bad, I havent provided videos on those features yet!

Will fix this until 2013 :D
Very cool! Thanks for the specifics! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Does anyone know how to get a trial license for Halion Sonic?
Seems it is only available to people who buys Cubase new, that comes with activation codes for the trial.
I bought Cubase second hand, and while I have the trial discs I don't have the trial codes.

I have searched all over the Steinberg site and haven't yet found a possible way of getting a demo license .

Not sure about the trial dvd's, thought anyone could get them, but I'm actually selling halion 4 which has halion sonic content, all of it, plus a hypersonic 2 license w/dvd in marketplace. shameless plug ;) all of these would get anyone looking rom/synth sounds much further then a triton in my book.

workhorse rompler* i don't know what they go for now, but i'd imagine pretty cheap?

Mogular wrote:Does anyone know how to get a trial license for Halion Sonic?
Seems it is only available to people who buys Cubase new, that comes with activation codes for the trial.
I bought Cubase second hand, and while I have the trial discs I don't have the trial codes.

I have searched all over the Steinberg site and haven't yet found a possible way of getting a demo license .
HALion Sonic is part of Cubase now, since version 6.5 (sort of - it's named HALion Sonic SE). I have a code for trial of HALion Sonic from when I bought Cubase 6 upgrade and I didn't use it, because I already have the full version. I think it's OK to share it, since it is only a trial, and it will only be used once, so, if the OP or someone else is interested, I can give it.
Fernando (FMR)

whyterabbyt wrote:Yes, but workstations have smaller libraries because the storage media they rely on is expensive. Hard drive space space is much cheaper. So why does it make a difference to you? 40Gb isn't even a quarter of the space of the smallest mechanical hard drives you can actually find any more. It'd fit on a $100 SSD, with spare space.
Yes, workstations did a lot with smaller sample sets. I have no idea why people think that means larger sample sets are an inherent issue to be avoided.
It is also in some way a mindset issue. I've got to say that giving somebody the constraint of having very limited resources and still demanding top quality tends to produce better results than having all the gigabytes in the world. I dont't know why that is.

I've been composing a song now using Proteus VX. It was recommended to somebody else asking the same question as I, a while back on this forum. I found a clean Telecaster sound-alike patch that wipes the floor with anything similar that the Kontakt Factory Library has to offer. And the Proteus installer is like what 65 megs?

I don't doubt at all that Omnisphere and the likes are good, but I can't demo Omnisphere, Aclhemy player still lacks something, Reason isn't exactly what I want either and I don't want to spend 300 € on something I'm not completely sure of.

BTW, -1 to Wusikstation. I listened to the library samples. Meh, indeed. Not very inspiring.

Proteus VX has proven to be a real gem. I'm mad at myself for not trying it out earlier. I did know that it existed.

How well is Proteus VX working with modern operating systems? Like Windows 7 or Windows 8 for example? I read somewhere that there was a way to make it work with Windows 7, though I'm not sure how. I haven't heard anything about it with Windows 8.

--Sean

audiojunkie wrote:How well is Proteus VX working with modern operating systems? Like Windows 7 or Windows 8 for example? I read somewhere that there was a way to make it work with Windows 7, though I'm not sure how. I haven't heard anything about it with Windows 8.

--Sean
So far Win7 64bit no problemo.

Return to “Instruments”