Aalto Solo goes Aalto CM, coming April 24

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hakey wrote:I haven't targeted Aalto. :shrug:
Man, hope you snowed in for a long time, because you got a big job ahead of you if you are going to post negative comments in every thread about synth plugs that are hyped :roll:

And that is what you have to do, if you are not specifally targetting Aalto as you claim...

hakey wrote:Only works if Aalto is universally acknowledged to be a fair emulation of the Buchla sound - and I suspect that's only true in those universes in which Steinberg's Model E is considered a dead ringer for a Minimoog. ;)
This is what John Tejada said about Aalto in a recent issue of Computer Music:
Aalto is the best virtual synth I've used ... The first time I got to spend time with a real Buchla, I thought, wow this sounds like Aalto
Any likeness to Steinberg's Model E? :shrug:

Numanoid wrote:you got a big job ahead of you if you are going to post negative comments in every thread about synth plugs that are hyped
I commented precisely because of the disjunct between the poor sound and the amount of hype Aalto has received. I can think of many synths that are hyped to a similar degree, but they don't sound anywhere near as poor as Aalto (imo).

Numanoid wrote:This is what John Tejada said about Aalto in a recent issue of Computer Music
Fallacious appeal to authority :dog:

Numanoid wrote:And that is what you have to do, if you are not specifally targetting Aalto as you claim...
Nah, I don't 'have to' do anything. Where someone makes an accusation it's for the accuser to prove the positive - and you haven't. ;)

hakey wrote:Nah, I don't 'have to' do anything. Where someone makes an accusation it's for the accuser to prove the positive - and you haven't. ;)
Fair enough that you don't like it, but then you need to provide better reasoning than you have.

You provide very little evidence for your reason to slag off Aalto Solo, basically slander of the type sounding "poor" or "old"
Please stop your trolling. This is beyond the point. I'm no fan of Tejada, but he has been producing and making records since the 90's. I thus expect that he can be a reliable source to say if Aalto solo sounds like Buchla hardware.

Numanoid wrote:Fair enough that you don't like it, but then you need to provide better reasoning than you have.
No I don't.
You provide very little evidence for your reason to slag off Aalto Solo, basically slander of the type sounding "poor" or "old"
FFS! It's a subjective opinion - no evidence required (or possible).
Please stop your trolling.
"Please stop disagreeing with me/ criticising the synth I really like"?
This is beyond the point.

You provided that John Tejada quote as a response to my "if Aalto is universally acknowledged to be a fair emulation of the Buchla sound" comment. One person's subjective opinion, whoever that may be, is not a *universal* acknowledgement. So, not beyond the point.
I'm no fan of Tejada, but he has been producing and making records since the 90's. I thus expect that he can be a reliable source to say if Aalto solo sounds like Buchla hardware.
I disagree. :shrug:

Numanoid wrote: basically slander
:dog:

hakey wrote:"Please stop disagreeing with me/ criticising the synth I really like"?

Criticism means you need to provide some ground for slagging somebody off, which you don't.

You make fun of people who enjoy Aalto Solo saying they belong in an universe were Steinberg Model E sounds like the real thing.

And when I provide input from somebody who should know what he is talking about, that is fallacious appeal to authority?

That is where you show that you are a troll, that's when you loose the ball, and show that you only want to wind people up.

Do you think you might be getting things a bit out of proportion Numanoid?

I merely offered a subjective opinion (about a synth plugin, ffs!). You didn't like that opinion but, rather than leave it at that, you've have since been frantically working yourself up to a proper lather about the whole thing: "slander!" "troll!"...

A bit silly, no?

hakey wrote:A bit silly, no?
Yes, I think you have behaved silly.

Instead of offering constructive criticism you have rather sidetracked your comments.

If in a trial, and somebody would bring in a musicologist to determine if let's say "My Sweet Lord" sounds like "He's So Fine", would you accuse them of succumbing to fallacious use of authority by bringing in the expert witness?

Could you also point me in the direction of the old vsts that you claim can do patches like Aalto's "PINGPoing Swamp". I would love to get my hands on them.

Numanoid wrote:
hakey wrote:A bit silly, no?
Yes, I think you have behaved silly.
Troll!
Could you also point me in the direction of the old vsts that you claim can do patches like Aalto's "PINGPoing Swamp".
Show me where I made that precise claim (strawman).

hakey wrote:My ears, my opinion: and to me it sounds in turns thin, boxy, harsh and cheap - the kind of timbrel qualities that come to mind when I read one of those 'sounds like an SE synth' comments.
Point me in the direction of such a synth that can do patches like "PINGPong Swamp" or "Analysis Stasis" for that matter.

Numanoid wrote:
hakey wrote:My ears, my opinion: and to me it sounds in turns thin, boxy, harsh and cheap - the kind of timbrel qualities that come to mind when I read one of those 'sounds like an SE synth' comments.
Point me in the direction of such a synth that can do patches like "PINGPong Swamp" or "Analysis Stasis" for that matter.
Yeah, notice I didn't say that plugin "X" could exactly reproduce any Aalto patch... another strawman.

Anyway, enough of this silliness! Watching you twisting your frilly knickers in public has, like the knickers, now worn thin.

I think Aalto sounds poor. That is my subjective opinion. Apparently you feel this to be some kind of an affront to your good person - why that should be the case is, like the popularity of Aalto, another of life's little mysteries.
Last edited by hakey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hakey wrote:Anyway, enough of this silliness! Watching you frantically twisting your frilly knickers in public wears thin pretty quickly (like the knickers)
Wow, the pot calling the kettle black?
I think Aalto sounds poor. That is my subjective opinion. Apparently you feel this to be some kind of an affront to your good person - why that should be the case is another of life's little mysteries (a bit like the popularity of Aalto).
I object to people posting negative comments about a plugin, they seem to have no knowledge about, and then offering no foundation for their swift judgement.

Your comments about Aalto Solo, makes me think that you have loaded the wrong plugin, or that your ears have snowed in as well.

If you want to rain on the parade of a so-called hyped plugin, why pick on a plugin that came free with a magazine. Can't you find bigger fish to fry?

Return to “Instruments”