Aalto Solo goes Aalto CM, coming April 24

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
Caine123 wrote:thanks, nice freebie, but it sounds too thin and cheap in my opinion :(
You need to spend more time than 20 minutes with an instrument, before you form an opinion about it ;)
I persisted and I agree with Caine.

Quite mystified what people hear in it. Nice UI. :shrug:

hakey wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Caine123 wrote:thanks, nice freebie, but it sounds too thin and cheap in my opinion :(
You need to spend more time than 20 minutes with an instrument, before you form an opinion about it ;)

what do you expected? it's inspired on a Buchla, which as a more metalic vibe not classic analog at all.
dedication to flying

Who said anything about "classic analog"?

hakey wrote:Who said anything about "classic analog"?
So what is it you expected from Aalto Solo, that you feel it doesn't deliver?

Numanoid wrote:So what is it you expected from Aalto Solo, that you feel it doesn't deliver?
I don't expect anything of it - *to my ears* it just sounds poor. :shrug:

SampleScience wrote:It looks good but it sounds like a plugin from early 2000...

Yep.

Well, I guess it will stay a secret weapon for those who know to utilize it.

As far as I have played with it, it appears like a dream machine for those into Boards Of Canada sounds

hakey wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

I don't know why you think that, it has a very unique and musical sound and not at all thin or cheap.

aMUSEd wrote:it has a very unique and musical sound and not at all thin or cheap.
Oh no it doesn't! Oh yes it does! etc...

My ears, my opinion: and to me it sounds in turns thin, boxy, harsh and cheap - the kind of timbrel qualities that come to mind when I read one of those 'sounds like an SE synth' comments.

The UI concept is pretty neat, but no one hears the UI... do they?

hakey wrote:thin, boxy, harsh
Lend you ears to Morton Subotnick, he is the guy that commissioned Buchla to build his dream machine in the first place, so there is a line of relation somehow:

Subotnick -> Buchla -> Aalto (Solo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqMKcvwd67A

Numanoid wrote:
hakey wrote:thin, boxy, harsh
Lend you ears to Morton Subotnick, he is the guy that commissioned Buchla to build his dream machine in the first place, so there is a line of relation somehow:

Subotnick -> Buchla -> Aalto (Solo)

non sequitur(s) :shrug:

hakey wrote:non sequitur(s) :shrug:
OK, understand you got an issue with Aalto Solo. But if it doesn't fit your style of music, why waste time posting negative messages about it here? :shrug:

Buchla and that type of sound making philosophy doesn't fit everybodys taste, that is what I tried to illustrate by posting the video to Subotnick.

Numanoid wrote:OK, understand you got an issue with Aalto Solo.
I don't have an issue - just mystified as to all the hype about a pretty poor sounding synth.
why waste time posting negative messages about it here?
Would be a strange forum were only positive comments allowed. And why waste time posting any comments? (I'm snowed in - that's my excuse.)
Buchla and that type of sound making philosophy doesn't fit everybodys taste, that is what I tried to illustrate by posting the video to Subotnick.
Only works if Aalto is universally acknowledged to be a fair emulation of the Buchla sound - and I suspect that's only true in those universes in which Steinberg's Model E is considered a dead ringer for a Minimoog. ;)

hakey wrote:I don't have an issue - just mystified as to all the hype about a pretty poor sounding synth.
A lot of synths are hyped. I'm mystified why you select this one to pick on?
Would be a strange forum were only positive comments allowed. And why waste time posting any comments? (I'm snowed in - that's my excuse.)
But you offer no argument for your reasoning other than it sounds "poor" and like an old vst.

It's all very vague. It would be great if you could explain better why you target Aalto to pick on?

That a plug sounds like an old VST is hardly a negative thing. Many of the VST synths people pay top dollar for even now these days are over 10 years old, like G-Force's Oddity :shrug:

Numanoid wrote:But you offer no argument for your reasoning
Where did I make any claims about reasoning? It's an obviously subjective view (I'm pretty sure I made that plain).
It would be great if you could explain better why you target Aalto to pick on?
I haven't targeted Aalto. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”