PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ambitron psyBOX psyGEN

Great thread! I wanted to give some serious props to mrgt and Bobbotov for these great plugs!

I recently bought PSYgen after the demo for PSP would not even load on my computer, and I can say I am more than impressed! Psygen allows 16 simultaneous .wav's to be blended! Nice synthesis options and fx. And then it throws in a great sequencer!

Your plugs rock Bobbotov!

Schmidi wrote:Great thread! I wanted to give some serious props to mrgt and Bobbotov for these great plugs!

I recently bought PSYgen after the demo for PSP would not even load on my computer, and I can say I am more than impressed! Psygen allows 16 simultaneous .wav's to be blended! Nice synthesis options and fx. And then it throws in a great sequencer!

Your plugs rock Bobbotov!
Thank you. Kudos much appreciated :) Glad you like it.

Superb products.

EVERYONE should own these. Seriously. They look great. They sound great and they seem quite easy to use.

Mike

+1 to what Karmacomposer said. I love M-RGT's products and agree that they are very easy to use. Some of the other items mentioned are also fantastic, but in some cases have so many knobs, etc. and have such busy interfaces that it tends to get in the way of creativity (for me at least).
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:+1 to what Karmacomposer said. I love M-RGT's products and agree that they are very easy to use. Some of the other items mentioned are also fantastic, but in some cases have so many knobs, etc. and have such busy interfaces that it tends to get in the way of creativity (for me at least).
Thanks. It is sometimes difficult to keep it simple especially if there are a lot of parameters to control. There has to be a button, knob, or slider and more parameters can make a synth GUI consequently cluttered or cramped. Boris does a great job with the graphics and has real good design sense.

I love the PsyGen psymix patch bank, that is exactly the kind of sound I can never get enough of :love:

I've bought all 3 from MRG-T and very pleased with all of them.

I'm always looking for interesting granular tools, and these have got to be my faves by a long shot. I've found that PsyBox is good for more static longform dfrones, whereas Ambitron is better for heavily modulated sounds. PsyGen seems to be good at all the above, but a bit more involved when it comes to programming it. Having the sequencer on it provides (or seems to provide) more control of the output perhaps. Haven't played with it as much as the first two yet, but I suspect with deeper investgation and time it'll prove to be the more versatile of the bunch.

I tried the demo of PadShop, and while I did get some immediate satisfaction from it, it didn't come close to the fun I've had with MRG-T's stuff. I certainly wouldn't poo-poo it though, and might still grab it when I've got some dosh to throw around and feeling a bit frivolous.

Had a little play with Crusher-X Studio demo, and now the price for that has come down to something more affordable to me there's a good chance I'll be buying that in the near future too, so that one's well worth a look for granularholics. I did manage to get it to max out my cpu quite easily though, and none of the MRG-T products or PadShop demo did that (although I never played with PadShop for the full trial period...got sidetracked with other things!). An advantage Crusher has over the others is that you can feed it live input, but you can use it as an instrument too as it responds to MIDI.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I've bought all 3 from MRG-T and very pleased with all of them.
PsyGen seems to be good at all the above, but a bit more involved when it comes to programming it. Having the sequencer on it provides (or seems to provide) more control of the output perhaps. Haven't played with it as much as the first two yet, but I suspect with deeper investgation and time it'll prove to be the more versatile of the bunch.
One of the things about psyGEN I like with the sequencer is that you can create mini compositions with the 16 channels loaded with 16 different patches. Sort of like a multi-track player. Since a lot of my compositions are based on heavy layering of sound and then dovetailing them the sequencer makes this quite easy to do.

Thank you all for helping me part with more of my hard-earned cash :). I bought all three yesterday.

bharris22 wrote:Thank you all for helping me part with more of my hard-earned cash :). I bought all three yesterday.

But unlike spending money on beer, you get to keep these. :)

Bobbotov wrote:But unlike spending money on beer, you get to keep these. :)
Are you sure, unfortunately beer drinkers get to keep the beer gut you know :lol:

Yeah, but psyGEN is much more attractive. :)

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

I recently acquired all three plugins in the KVR Auction. I can tell you that if I did not already have them, I would be jumping on this deal in a second. All three are seriously cool plugins. They each have their own strengths so it makes sense to buy all three. At the price they are being offered, I don't know how someone could pass them up.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I have also bought all three of these plugins. they get my thumbs up!!!

Return to “Instruments”