Native Instruments vs Steinberg Virtual Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

danbroad wrote:
robojam wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Consider that Steingerg is quite new in the VSTI department, while NI have been there for ages. Makes a difference in the number of fans you'll find here, and probably in many other places.
Wasn't Steinberg the original developer of the VST format?

I think they've been in the business longer than NI.
Yes, NI are the younger. My biggest problem with Steinberg (now Yamaha, so advertising budget larger than most) is that they discontinue so much of their stuff. Xphrase, D'Cota, Plex, Hypersonic... There's a growing list. NI are no saints either (Pro-53, Spektral delay, Kore), but at least they've been fairly reliable with the synths I chose (Absynth, FM7, Kontakt).

Personally, the really mad stuff is Reaktor - loving Razor and the oldies of Carbon1/2 still. Kontakt is the industry standard, having overtaken even EXS24 and certainly Halion, Sampletank and Giga. There's a degree of futureproofing with Reaktor and Kontakt, as one is the base for NI's esoteric new synth stuff and the other makes money for Ni through third party channels as well as their own development, Massive just happened to catch a trend at the right time to become established, and Guitar Rig is still the most interesting creative effects suite for really experimental guitar ( and synth) effects design.

Anyway, buy for now not for later. I still mean to try out halionsonic, and the new NI mastering stuff looks quite tasty. so much to choose from, there's no need to create a deathmatch! Right now, I'm looking hard at Chromaphone from AAS and at some Nexus expansions. so much good stuff......
Just a heads up Cakewalk extended the black friday deal on Chromaphone in their store. Its half off I think until 1.1.13

Return to “Instruments”