Lounge Lizard 4!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i took some more time to play some presets rather than tweaking here and there and indeed, it is a beautiful instruments in term of playability

I haven't tried this yet, but $29 seems very good. I always liked v3 for sketching ideas.

The thing that intrigues me about this is the new amp and cab section. I had a habit of running LL through amp sims, so am interested to hear how the inbuilt effects sound.

By the way, just to re-clarify, $29 is a special 'intro' price for Lounge Lizard users (or if you're lucky, if you once owned it, but recently sold it :lol:)

I love the thing, and I used to be a serious Rhodes tech. I love how I can tweak it to cover ANY type of EP sound I've ever heard, including 60's Joe Zawinul (Sweetnighter wah wah), 70's Herbie Hancock (Actual Proof) or Dukey Wurlitzer (Grand Wazoo), 80's George Duke (Brazilian Love Affair), or any variation. I love being able to move the tines "too close" to the pickups to get that "whap," and just think it's the most creative EP instrument ever created, bar none.

Too bad I upgraded for $39 minutes before getting the e-mail. They must have really spent some time to carefully plan this to piss off their loyal customers :tantrum:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Gonga wrote:I love the thing, and I used to be a serious Rhodes tech. I love how I can tweak it to cover ANY type of EP sound I've ever heard, including 60's Joe Zawinul (Sweetnighter wah wah), 70's Herbie Hancock (Actual Proof) or Dukey Wurlitzer (Grand Wazoo), 80's George Duke (Brazilian Love Affair), or any variation. I love being able to move the tines "too close" to the pickups to get that "whap," and just think it's the most creative EP instrument ever created, bar none.

Too bad I upgraded for $39 minutes before getting the e-mail. They must have really spent some time to carefully plan this to piss off their loyal customers :tantrum:
I think those emails were automated. I was told via youtube that the free ones would be staggered throughout the day. For instance I got mine and then got the one offering for a paid upgrade 3 hours later. I feel bad for the guys who got their pay email then a free update email later and actually paid. You would like AAS would issue a refund for the confusion on their part.

KevWestBeats wrote:
Gonga wrote:I love the thing, and I used to be a serious Rhodes tech. I love how I can tweak it to cover ANY type of EP sound I've ever heard, including 60's Joe Zawinul (Sweetnighter wah wah), 70's Herbie Hancock (Actual Proof) or Dukey Wurlitzer (Grand Wazoo), 80's George Duke (Brazilian Love Affair), or any variation. I love being able to move the tines "too close" to the pickups to get that "whap," and just think it's the most creative EP instrument ever created, bar none.

I think those emails were automated. I was told via youtube that the free ones would be staggered throughout the day. For instance I got mine and then got the one offering for a paid upgrade 3 hours later. I feel bad for the guys who got their pay email then a free update email later and actually paid. You would like AAS would issue a refund for the confusion on their part.
It's certainly worth the effort to enclose the two emails in a polite and friendly request for a refund to AAS support. In the past, I've found them nice and reasonable people.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: It's certainly worth the effort to enclose the two emails in a polite and friendly request for a refund to AAS support. In the past, I've found them nice and reasonable people.

/Joachim
+1 ...it also has been my impression

I was only kidding. It's only $10. 64-bit LL is worth it.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

I've had the LL EP-3 for some years, just
got the new upgrade. I think it sounds fantastic,
it's beyond belief what just a written algorithm
can do, without any samples.
I went through few presets to demo the sound for those who are
instrested, see also nice demo in Youtube by the AAS.
https://soundcloud.com/#harry_mccloud/l ... ence-sound

Harry

I like this alot.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I have the session version and was offered the full version for only $49.00. I played with my session version for a bit and decided that since I like all things AAS, how could I go wrong. Regardless of the season, I got selfish and pulled the trigger on this plug! I'm so glad that I did - it is perfect! The sound is magnificent! I don't understand the fuss about the GUI... it feels right to me.

I'll never regret this purchase - it is truly inspirational ... have fun!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

upgraded Lounge Lizard to version 4... been a Lounge Lizard user since version 1 and brought every update... i enjoy the sound of LL 4... it is not heavy sounding like the vintage keys from NI... this instrument is "very" playable in term of dynamics... hit the key softly... the instrument responds... hit them hard... the instrument responds... there are also a large selections of preset... about the GUI... it is perfect... to the OP/KevWestBeats... not sure how Sampletank is you go to vst but the GUI in LL 4 is small... especially... if 1 + 1 = 2... for me the $39 was a no brainer... plus the support from AAS is second to none... i guess i am a happy camper!!!

neverenoughfunk wrote:upgraded Lounge Lizard to version 4... been a Lounge Lizard user since version 1 and brought every update... i enjoy the sound of LL 4... it is not heavy sounding like the vintage keys from NIcamper
But NI are sample based and therefore sound exactly like a real MKI Rhodes
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:upgraded Lounge Lizard to version 4... been a Lounge Lizard user since version 1 and brought every update... i enjoy the sound of LL 4... it is not heavy sounding like the vintage keys from NIcamper
Not necessarily like "a" Mk I Rhodes, though - like "the" Mk I that was sampled! There can be huge variation in sound between different individuals, depending on adjustments, wear and so on.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

electro wrote:
That's not exactly perfect logic. The piano is sampled, but how it actually sounds when played even though the same 'sound' isn't the same exactly. It doesn't necessarily compute that a sample will be better than a modeled synth. The actual behavior of the hardware is more accurately represented in the model. I'm not saying NI's effort is better or worse, just trying to keep it real regarding the why of what may be 'better' if that is really even possible. Subjectively I've liked crap old dimestore guitars more than brand new Gibsons. Everything is a matter of personal taste and we all have our own tongues.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Spitfire31 wrote:
electro wrote:
Not necessarily like "a" Mk I Rhodes, though - like "the" Mk I that was sampled! There can be huge variation in sound between different individuals, depending on adjustments, wear and so on.

/Joachim
I've got a 1976 Mark 1 and the NI/Scarbee version sounds like a perfectly in tune, perfectly regulated version of my Mark 1. Lounge Lizard can get close, so can Mr. Ray, but the Scarbee is the closest to mine.

For $29, I'm tempted to upgrade...but I keep having to remind myself that I'm not short on electric piano sounds. Between all the different Scarbee packs (Rhodes, Wurli, Pianet/Clavient), Broken Wurlitzer, my actual Mark 1, my actual Wurlitzer 120 (which I sampled and is now Tublitzer from Hollowsun), then the GSi VST's...I really don't have any reason to upgrade. I have to try avoiding the GAS and putting that $29 to xmas gifts.

Return to “Instruments”