Korg Legacy + 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I'm not sure they're going to change the GUI, unfortunately.
I really hope they do. MS20 and Polysix is almost unusable now, because the GUI is so tiny I can hardly see what the buttons are for.
i use the ms20 with the controller :hihi:

toitoi wrote:I beg they resize the plugin interfaces and get rid of the MS20 scroll bar.
Yes, I am very much hoping that one of the "optimizations" is expanding the MS-20 window to not have scroll bars.

If they release these plugs again with the same tiny window for the MS-20 which takes up about 1/10th my screen, but requires scrolling within it, that will be very stupid move. The MS-20 interface is the worst. Who wants to scroll in a little box? I'd only use it when using the hardware controller.

The Polysix interface is just fine though. Whoever said that clearly hasn't seen the second interface which magnifies all the controls.

Well, I'm really pleased about this too. Have hardly used these since I went Windows 7 a year or 2 ago. I have the wee MS 20 controller, which I really like.

I love the MS-20 controller. but, MS-20 controller or not, the Legacy series GUIs are too small (and there's no controller for the M1, Wavestation, PolySix, etc). We're moving on to 200-300 ppi displays, for crying out loud. When originally released, monitors of the time were already large enough and high resolution enough that the GUIs could have been bigger.

Hopefully, creating GUI elements for retina iPads has lead to the ability to port those graphics back to the original plugin versions. The Korg iPad apps ARE using retina graphics, right??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:The Korg iPad apps ARE using retina graphics, right??
As of today they are. The Polysix iPad app had retina graphics upon release last month and today updates to the iMS-20 and iELECTRIBE apps gave them retinal graphics. The Polysix and other apps were updated for background audio support today as well.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The Polysix interface is just fine though. Whoever said that clearly hasn't seen the second interface which magnifies all the controls.
Thanks for the tip. Have got Legacy quite recently, and have been using Polysix and MS20 mostly with Legacy Cell.

But of course, just pressing the edit button in Polysix brings up the interface nice and big :tu:

One thing that could be a really nice update is allowing ANY of the synths to be layered in LegacyCell.

That would rule so freaking much. Mono/Poly with Wavestation... *_*

Cool they are still working on updates. I love the Legacy Collection!
I hope they fix the Legacy Cell and MonoPoly graphics bugs on Aero.. Would make them so much more usable :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Finally we can welcome the GUI of Legacy Cell back,
the workaround with programming it in 32Bit to jump back to the 64Bit version is quite annoying...
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Numanoid wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:The Polysix interface is just fine though. Whoever said that clearly hasn't seen the second interface which magnifies all the controls.
Thanks for the tip. Have got Legacy quite recently, and have been using Polysix and MS20 mostly with Legacy Cell.

But of course, just pressing the edit button in Polysix brings up the interface nice and big :tu:
Wow that must have been really annoying trying to use it on the tiny keyboard view.

Unfortunately the MS-20 edit view is brutal. It zooms it but you don't even see half of it in the tiny window. You need to scroll around. Makes no sense.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well theres only one way to get rid of the scrolling box in MS-20.
Open a topic on Korg forum about it, and hope loads of people agree, tada.
It has been working this way with all the software's over the past decade :)

any news on when this is coming? i am hoping it includes a gui update too some of these guys need it. it would also be nice to have all of my normal use plug ins in 64 bit format so i can uninstall j bridge

Likely spring 2013, according to last info from Korg.

I'm so excited!

And I just can't hide it!

Return to “Instruments”