Real Instrument Sounds In Omnisphere

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kevvvvv wrote:daExpert
We'll see what the future brings
Yeah ... spectrasonics' future.
God bless you sir.

I don't want 'REAL' proper, tuned instruments. I want more experimental instruments!

Bowed guitars, bonzai tree soundscapes, busted harmonium on fire, ect.. :shock:

They'd be nice.

Eric once said that he wants to create instruments that make it to the final mix. Most samples of real instruments only make it to the demo stage of a production just to be replaced by the real thing in the end. Omnisphere always makes it into the final mix at least in my productions-simply because there are no real instruments that could ever replace what it does.
I guess the ultimate solution to make evryone happy is to allow user sample import into Omnisphere-that way anyone can use it the way they like-be it a pianomodul or a powerful synthesizer that combines samples with synth technology.

daExpert wrote: He said that he's already done that before, and it doesn't excite him to do it again. He also said that their are plenty of places to get those sounds already.
Eric is correct.

/thread

Arglebargle wrote:
daExpert wrote: He said that he's already done that before, and it doesn't excite him to do it again. He also said that their are plenty of places to get those sounds already.
Eric is correct.

/thread
/thread. haha

He's right. I think where Omni shines is taken odd things and making them musical. Where else can you use a water drop,a light switch, or piano strings being bowed so musically?

Dr.Wu wrote:I guess the ultimate solution to make evryone happy is to allow user sample import into Omnisphere-that way anyone can use it the way they like-be it a pianomodul or a powerful synthesizer that combines samples with synth technology.
1. I would like the freedom to choose myself what to import into Omnisphere.

2. I also hope that Omnisphere 2.0 won't force me to use a lot more gigabytes of harddisc memory. I only use one fast SSD hd for everything in my laptop and SSDs are still very expensive. Let the Omnisphere sample library be 100 gig max please, or let me at least choose what to use (see 1 above).

3. Many sounds in Omnisphere are a bit over the top IMHO. Mostly, I would therefore like more useful presets that are bread and butter, using what's already in there. Especially the synth engine is a bit anonymous, I think. Why not showcase it a bit more and for example make it easier to choose just synth engine sounds in the browser? Also, that way the sample library won't have to get too obese.

you actually can select synth patches made with the internal VA by searching for patches with the tag Glenn Olander if i remember correctly

Omnisphere needs more real instruments? wth?
maybe some more unreal instruments. ever heard of Kontakt?

"Burning Cowbell!!!!!!" now that's what Omnisphere needs
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Dr.Wu wrote:you actually can select synth patches made with the internal VA by searching for patches with the tag Glenn Olander if i remember correctly
Maybe, but a bit too unwieldy and missing a lot of other sound designers input using only the interval VA.

havent used this tag lately but i am pretty sure it will find any patch that uses the VA when you use this tag.
gonna try tomorrow to confirm.

Some of you might be thinking of this the wrong way. The point of having more traditional instruments in Omni wouldn't be just to play them back as-is... of course not! It's more about being able to use, say, a traditional clarinet with frequency-modulation layered with supersaws and a chaos envelope. Or a violin with sample-start mod, arpeggiated with a dynamic filter. The possibilities are endless. The stuff I love the MOST about Omni is the organic material; not just because it's weird, but because you can do so much with it using Omni's filters, FX, modulation, synth engine, etc. Being able to use all those features with traditional instruments would be outstanding.

In short... the point is not to use traditional instruments as-is in Omnisphere (that WOULD be boring) but to enable a new world of sonic colors thanks to the editing + modulation capabilities of the synth.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon,
That may be YOUR desire, but it is not what the OP was referring to in his original post... which was to have more bread-and-butter patches.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

zircon wrote:Some of you might be thinking of this the wrong way. The point of having more traditional instruments in Omni wouldn't be just to play them back as-is... of course not! It's more about being able to use, say, a traditional clarinet with frequency-modulation layered with supersaws and a chaos envelope. Or a violin with sample-start mod, arpeggiated with a dynamic filter. The possibilities are endless. The stuff I love the MOST about Omni is the organic material; not just because it's weird, but because you can do so much with it using Omni's filters, FX, modulation, synth engine, etc. Being able to use all those features with traditional instruments would be outstanding.

In short... the point is not to use traditional instruments as-is in Omnisphere (that WOULD be boring) but to enable a new world of sonic colors thanks to the editing + modulation capabilities of the synth.
Eric has already mentioned that not all the sound sources are attached to presets.

The fact that you still have sound sources that haven't been touched and I'm pretty sure nobody has gone thru all the current presets let alone that you can create your own preset or modify existing ones with so many fricken knobs to tweek the sound with...

So I don't see what the need for importing or new sound sources.
:-o

Return to “Instruments”