An interesting mix of vintage synths:

Yamaha CS70M
DK Synergy
Yamaha DX1
Elka Synthex
Rhodes (ARP) Chroma
Kurzweil K250

Demo version can now be downloaded from UVI

So 6 synth emulations and over 20GB of content, at $299 intro price. Not bad :-o But remember iLok :wink:
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Slowly working my way through these for the review I'm writing and early impressions have me coloured impressed :)

I would be interested how the Synthex UVI version sounds compared to a true emulation like Xils Lab Synthix.

Sample based instruments could achieve great results with static "snapshots" but proper replication of adjustable filters and things like adjustable PWM usually do only work with limits.
I got no idea about hoe UVI workstation works in detail and how far it uses custom filter modules.
Anyway i got some nice Kontakt instruments from e.g. Synth Magic and Soniccouture and those show that with some clever programming/scripting those could produce great results.

BTW Synthix got a dongle too (either eLicenser or iLok) so in that respect they are the same. I got my license on an eLicenser so i would have to buy an iLok too to use the UVI products. I also got Kontakt 4 already so i would hardly buy MachFive to use this (AFAIK this could be loaded into MAchFive).

Recently i have used single cycle waveforms from Synthix (e.g. from the BP filter) within Rayblaster with some nice results.

Anyway having a look at the whole UVI Vintage Legends collection this seems to look interesting.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

You don't need to buy MF3 to use Vintage Legends - you can load it in the free UVI Workstation (think of it as UVI's version of Kontakt Player).

EvilDragon wrote:You don't need to buy MF3 to use Vintage Legends - you can load it in the free UVI Workstation (think of it as UVI's version of Kontakt Player).
I know that but for full editing you would need MF3 AFAIK).

Two things i also like in Synthix (i have not used the real Synthex yet) is that that you could activate all waveforms in the oscillators at once. Would be interesting how far this could be done with a sample based instrument.
Also the step sequencer of Synthix is quite powerful and seems to be mostly based on the features of the real deal. You got 4 tracks and could edit the steps either from the GUI (Piano roll display) or record them from a MIDI keyboard (the last way is the same how it also works in the real thing).

The Kontakt instruments from Synth Magic seem to have quite powerful step sequencers too which also contain sequencer lines for filter modulation.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

You'd be surprised at how much the UVI Workstation allows you to do over and above the scripted editing tools that come with the instruments themselves. If you haven't already, download it along with the free set of demo samples and see what you think.

For me, the very fact it doesn't cripple you to a demo mode, even with libraries that don't require an iLok (not that there are that many at the moment), makes it more appealing than the Kontakt Player.

And as for Vintage Legends, I keep getting lost in some of the sounds. I particularly like the way that with the Synthox and CS-M, you can mess around with waveforms, and combinations thereof, rather than just wade through presets.

I just realized that no link seems to be included here so here it is:
http://www.uvisoundsource.com/vintage-l ... c44c867694
Ingo Weidner

Im a big vintage synth fan and decided to just buy this. Im waiting on Uncle Eric to send me the license...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Failed Muso wrote:You'd be surprised at how much the UVI Workstation allows you to do over and above the scripted editing tools that come with the instruments themselves. If you haven't already, download it along with the free set of demo samples and see what you think.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean one can demo the Vintage Synth instruments?

Can't find a link in case to the files to download?

analoguesamples909 wrote:Im a big vintage synth fan and decided to just buy this. Im waiting on Uncle Eric to send me the license...
But you need to download 22GB files if you buy the whole package right?

Was that a quick download?

Numanoid wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote:Im a big vintage synth fan and decided to just buy this. Im waiting on Uncle Eric to send me the license...
But you need to download 22GB files if you buy the whole package right?

Was that a quick download?
the download is taking quite a long time due to the fact I dont have any download instructions either...

Does he have better prjcing than UVI? I was just going to blow this off, but now you guys got me thinking... damn use!!

tdm71 wrote:
Does he have better prjcing than UVI? I was just going to blow this off, but now you guys got me thinking... damn use!!
yeah ask him...Im not sure if Im meant to publish it...

Each individual synth (except one) is available separately for $99. Also... Seems like a pretty good deal to get them all though. Sort of like 6 synths for $299. That's not bad really.

DHR53 wrote:Each individual synth (except one) is available separately for $99. Also... Seems like a pretty good deal to get them all though. Sort of like 6 synths for $299. That's not bad really.
yeah I was considering just the synthox and kroma but realised if you want more than 1 it makes sense to get them all at the sale price...you can get a bit off the full price as mentioned above also...Im hoping after buying the pack there will be seperate assets so I can sell any I dont use...

Return to “Instruments”