UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How are you guys enjoying the product? Any early reviews/impressions?

My experience so far is that it doesnt sound very analogue at all.

All I hear is the sound of silence. But then again - Ive not got it installed yet.

Apparently Ill get it today but its 1730pm here now...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

geez these sound really i mean REALLY good in the sound demos. WOW.

LOL ! Yes New Silence Plugin ! Best around ! Airy Plugin !.... Still nothing too...
analoguesamples909 wrote:My experience so far is that it doesnt sound very analogue at all.

All I hear is the sound of silence. But then again - Ive not got it installed yet.

uv77mc wrote:LOL ! Yes New Silence Plugin ! Best around ! Airy Plugin !.... Still nothing too...
analoguesamples909 wrote:My experience so far is that it doesnt sound very analogue at all.

Finally got the links from Big Fish via email...gonna be a long DL session...

AlainJ UVI wrote:Hello All !

I am really sorry for all these troubles. Be sure that we will do our best to resolve ALL the pending JRR orders TODAY, and we will also add some gifts to all of the ones who get involved in this weird situation.
Thank you, Alain! :)

Got it too !
analoguesamples909 wrote:
uv77mc wrote:LOL ! Yes New Silence Plugin ! Best around ! Airy Plugin !.... Still nothing too...

Finally got the links from Big Fish via email...gonna be a long DL session...

download related question - is the best tactic to start all downloads at once - or to do them one or two at a time?
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

I think one or two the same time. Depends of your internet connection.
analoguesamples909 wrote:download related question - is the best tactic to start all downloads at once - or to do them one or two at a time?

Thanks in advance for this too !
Uncle E wrote:
AlainJ UVI wrote:Hello All !

I am really sorry for all these troubles. Be sure that we will do our best to resolve ALL the pending JRR orders TODAY, and we will also add some gifts to all of the ones who get involved in this weird situation.
Thank you, Alain! :)

Hi donato,

Just have tried the FMX1 and I must say that I'm very very happy ! Sounds great ! Played 30 minutes with the legendary DX1 Full Tines patch ! I looooove this patch, it's a classic though... lol

Vintage Legends is a huge product with a lot of sounds... Need some time to listen to all the patches... ;-)
donato wrote:How are you guys enjoying the product? Any early reviews/impressions?

uv77mc wrote:Hi donato,

Just have tried the FMX1 and I must say that I'm very very happy ! Sounds great ! Played 30 minutes with the legendary DX1 Full Tines patch ! I looooove this patch, it's a classic though... lol

Vintage Legends is a huge product with a lot of sounds... Need some time to listen to all the patches... ;-)
donato wrote:How are you guys enjoying the product? Any early reviews/impressions?
sounds pretty good so far and there are a lot of sounds in the bundle. Its been well thought through and if you want some analogue and FM and ROMpler style sounds - this is a lot. Some of the analogue sounds are really lovely - and Im a big analogue fan.

There is one problem Im having at the moment with CSM and Synthox. The CPU can get pretty huge. I thought because it was a sample based instrument it would not be an issue - but Im getting on par or higher CPU cost than Diva on some patches. With longer release times on 3 note chords Im getting glitching on a 2011 i7 Macbook Pro. 50-60% CPU for one instances.

Im wondering if the UVI guys are around they can tell me if this is normal?

There is one problem Im having at the moment with CSM and Synthox. The CPU can get pretty huge. I thought because it was a sample based instrument it would not be an issue - but Im getting on par or higher CPU cost than Diva on some patches. With longer release times on 3 note chords Im getting glitching on a 2011 i7 Macbook Pro. 50-60% CPU for one instances.

Those can be quite CPU hungry as it can be double layers where each one use unison, per voice high quality oversampled filters and drive, tons of modulations and FXs.
With great power, comes great resp... CPU :)

What's your latency and host though ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:

Those can be quite CPU hungry as it can be double layers where each one use unison, per voice high quality oversampled filters and drive, tons of modulations and FXs.
With great power, comes great resp... CPU :)

What's your latency and host though ?
I was at 128 but then I upped it to 512 - in Ableton Live...is there automatic oversampling on parts of the chain...?

Im having a bit of a problem with the CSM instrument. In layer A I can select the Oscillator type, but the second dropdown shows 'no choices'. However layer B has the full list of saw etc. Weirdly the first time I used it - I didnt have this problem.

Is Sparkverb not available in UVI player?

I was at 128 but then I upped it to 512 - in Ableton Live...is there automatic oversampling on parts of the chain...?

Im having a bit of a problem with the CSM instrument. In layer A I can select the Oscillator type, but the second dropdown shows 'no choices'. However layer B has the full list of saw etc. Weirdly the first time I used it - I didnt have this problem.

Is Sparkverb not available in UVI player?
There is a bug in 2.0.8 which will be fix in upcoming 2.0.9 regarding this empty second dropdown.
It should be out very soon.

The Filter is automatically oversampled.

In this product the SparkVerb is on an auxiliary bus but you don't have access to those in UVIWorkstation. Only Program/Part/master FX.

128 @ 44.1khz by the way ? or another sample rate ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Return to “Instruments”