UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

analoguesamples909 wrote: I was at 128 but then I upped it to 512
Uh oh...this doesn't sound good. :/ Even 256 is almost unplayable. I'm craving for V.Legends pretty bad, but haven't yet pulled the trigger. Why aren't there still any other demos or reviews around?

analoguesamples909 wrote:
Is Sparkverb not available in UVI player?
I was under the impression it was a Mach Five 3 exclusive.

otristan wrote:
I was at 128 but then I upped it to 512 - in Ableton Live...is there automatic oversampling on parts of the chain...?

Im having a bit of a problem with the CSM instrument. In layer A I can select the Oscillator type, but the second dropdown shows 'no choices'. However layer B has the full list of saw etc. Weirdly the first time I used it - I didnt have this problem.

Is Sparkverb not available in UVI player?
There is a bug in 2.0.8 which will be fix in upcoming 2.0.9 regarding this empty second dropdown.
It should be out very soon.

The Filter is automatically oversampled.

In this product the SparkVerb is on an auxiliary bus but you don't have access to those in UVIWorkstation. Only Program/Part/master FX.

128 @ 44.1khz by the way ? or another sample rate ?
yes 44.1

ok Ill wait for 2.0.9

so the sparkVerb is in the FX section with the slider?

If I purchase MachFive do I get to see and edit the keygroups and mapping?

analoguesamples909 wrote: yes 44.1

ok Ill wait for 2.0.9

The SparkVerb in this product is not in the FX section as it is set as a Program auxiliary FX and you don't have access to those in UVIWorkstation.(only Program Insert FX)

In M5, you'll be able to edit everything including FX, mapping, filter, ...

Hope this clarify things.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:

ok Ill wait for 2.0.9

The SparkVerb in this product is not in the FX section as it is set as a Program auxiliary FX and you don't have access to those in UVIWorkstation.(only Program Insert FX)

Was interested in the FM one - but no way to demo = no eventual purchase!

otristan wrote:

ok Ill wait for 2.0.9

Olivier Im not sure if you were involved in the sample process but is the Synthex Oscillators really as muffled/muted as these are - particularly sawtooth? I really like Synthox - really very pretty and analogue sound - but it really is very lacking in highs...I almost cannot believe the Synthex really is like this...?

analoguesamples909 wrote: Olivier Im not sure if you were involved in the sample process but is the Synthex Oscillators really as muffled/muted as these are - particularly sawtooth? I really like Synthox - really very pretty and analogue sound - but it really is very lacking in highs...I almost cannot believe the Synthex really is like this...?
Nop.

Only software development in my case.
[EDIT] see my answer below
Last edited by otristan on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

analoguesamples909 wrote: Olivier Im not sure if you were involved in the sample process but is the Synthex Oscillators really as muffled/muted as these are - particularly sawtooth? I really like Synthox - really very pretty and analogue sound - but it really is very lacking in highs...I almost cannot believe the Synthex really is like this...?
I've checked with the sound designers guys and there was an issue in the preset.
(not the sampling)
There was a 6db/oct filter that shouldn't have been there which was cutting at 1khz.
They'll release a new version of the soundbank. Hopefully before we go to the NAMM

Sorry about that.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
I've checked with the sound designers guys and there was an issue in the preset.
(not the sampling)
There was a 6db/oct filter that shouldn't have been there which was cutting at 1khz.
They'll release a new version of the soundbank. Hopefully before we go to the NAMM

Sorry about that.
Any way to demo - these are alot of money for no demo. just saying as I'm interested in the FM one.

breakmixer wrote: Any way to demo - these are alot of money for no demo. just saying as I'm interested in the FM one.
You can go to your nearest music shop.
Otherwise, there is no plan to provide demo soundbank AFAIK.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
breakmixer wrote: Any way to demo - these are alot of money for no demo. just saying as I'm interested in the FM one.
You can go to your nearest music shop.
Otherwise, there is no plan to provide demo soundbank AFAIK.
You are loosing money hand over fist then really, if the company wants to sell stuff for $99-$299 etc then alot of people won't buy blind!

Best service do an online demo of instruments, Steinberg do a timed demo for their E-licensers dongles, can Ilok not do that?

breakmixer wrote: You are loosing money hand over fist then really, if the company wants to sell stuff for $99-$299 etc then alot of people won't buy blind!

Best service do an online demo of instruments, Steinberg do a timed demo for their E-licensers dongles, can Ilok not do that?
I think iLok allow this but this is less secure in that case.(there was some demo period renewal hack), issues with the bandwidth as those are multi GB soundbanks and probably other stuff.

I know music shop is not a practical solution depending where you live but this still allow a lot of people to demo it.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Thanks for finding out for me Olivier. Ok so there is a 6db filter over all patches in Synthox? It would make sense - and Im happy - because it means it will sound much better. Its already my personal favorite. Cant believe that got thru the testing stages tho...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

That's weird, I agree.
It might be a last minute bug though as the filter need to be there but should have been fully opened (It's used for the velocity sens)
When you're release 6 products as the same time, some stuff get unnoticed :(

Thanks a lot for the report.
I'll get back to you in PM when this is fixed.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:That's weird, I agree.
It might be a last minute bug though as the filter need to be there but should have been fully opened (It's used for the velocity sens)

yes I think the resonance is not quite right as well...great will look fwd to the bug fix on this and the CSM menus...

otristan wrote:That's weird, I agree.

yes I think the resonance is not quite right as well...great will look fwd to the bug fix on this and the CSM menus...
Regarding UVIWorkstation 2.0.9, we have an internal build but I am a bit reluctant to post it right before going to the NAMM as if there is an issue with it, we wouldn't able to fix it right away.
So it will be released middle of next week.
Sorry about the delay.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Return to “Instruments”