UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I saw this VLegends bundle and listen to their demos. As I already own BPM I can only speak for the quality of their filters - very sharp and addictive.

So I'm wondering if someone can share a bit light over the logic of implementation and behave of filers in VLegends? Did developers build a 'model' to emulate filters behavior?

I can't test them so it would be good to hear about this from their developers - or from someone who actually had bought it already.

Cheers.

DigiPRO wrote:Hello,

I saw this VLegends bundle and listen to their demos. As I already own BPM I can only speak for the quality of their filters - very sharp and addictive.

So I'm wondering if someone can share a bit light over the logic of implementation and behave of filers in VLegends? Did developers build a 'model' to emulate filters behavior?

I can't test them so it would be good to hear about this from their developers - or from someone who actually had bought it already.

Cheers.
There's no modelling going on here. What UVI have done, as they do with all their libraries, is sample an instrument and then allow you to tweak those samples using the built in synthesis functions of the UVI Workstation or MachFive3. These are sample libraries as opposed to modelled synthesizers. Hope that helps :)

seems odd because there is at least one person I have seen posting on GS who has it already...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

analoguesamples909 wrote:seems odd because there is at least one person I have seen posting on GS who has it already...
Hi all, I bought it at JRRShop and like other members, i haven't receive activation code or download link for Vintage Legend... I mailed JRRShop and they told me that it isn't released for the moment. It's because BigFishAudio is the reseller for the USA and if you look at their website, Vintage Legend doesn't appears... So I mailed BigFishAudio to know when it will be available (so JRR Shop could send us activation code and download link). No reply for the moment. I hope it will not be too long...

UV77MC

ok its coming up to 3 weeks since I purchased this thru JRR and Ive not recieved anything yet.

I emailed UVI through their web form asking for information and received no reply.

I decided to comment on the blog under the Vintage Legends post and got this response from Alain:

"Sorry for that, we are looking what we can do to make this move fast." I emailed back to ask for more specifics and have had nothing back.

I emailed Eric 13 days ago and he said sorry and they were waiting for the ilok codes.

I emailed him 2 days ago for an update and have got no reply.

I just went thru my email to check for spam and ironically found an email titled "Showtime - VIntage Legends is Out Now!". Dated the 20th December.

Not sure what to do about this...

Ask for refund?

donato wrote:Ask for refund?
Im thinking about it. However Id quite like to try them...

WOW,I've never heard of anything like that from any company. I know if you buy directly from UVI you'll get it the same day, or at least that's been my experience.

bobbybland wrote:WOW,I've never heard of anything like that from any company. I know if you buy directly from UVI you'll get it the same day, or at least that's been my experience.
I got a delay of 2 days after I bought from UVI. I think it's always iLok causing delays issuing redeem codes.

Give it time, people are still on Holidays this time of the year..
Cowbells!

Ive heard some mixed stuff. Some say its not been released yet...although there are people who got it thru UVI...I think it could be something to do with the US distributers Big Fish not having it...or not getting ilok codes for resellers or something...Ive sort of given up looking fwd to it now....so its just a question of whether I pull out the money...Im wondering about picking up Zebra2 having heard some fantastic stuff from 3ee and a few other preset designers....I never realised how capable it is....

analoguesamples909 wrote:Ive heard some mixed stuff. Some say its not been released yet...although there are people who got it thru UVI...I think it could be something to do with the US distributers Big Fish not having it...or not getting ilok codes for resellers or something...Ive sort of given up looking fwd to it now....so its just a question of whether I pull out the money...Im wondering about picking up Zebra2 having heard some fantastic stuff from 3ee and a few other preset designers....I never realised how capable it is....
If they're this shit in replying to you, what happens if you need tech support etc? Go with Zebra.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

I wouldn't go THAT far (zebra- which I'm sure is a nice product also). It is a shame though. Seems like a cool product. Too bad their pricing seems out of whack in general (UVI stuff).

Hi,

I had a mail of JRR yesterday, they said that it's out now and the codes will be mailed by the end of the week (BigFishAudio is dispatching codes)... Crossing fingers... ;-)

Long time since waiting this release...

analoguesamples909 wrote:ok its coming up to 3 weeks since I purchased this thru JRR and Ive not recieved anything yet.

I emailed UVI through their web form asking for information and received no reply.

I decided to comment on the blog under the Vintage Legends post and got this response from Alain:

"Sorry for that, we are looking what we can do to make this move fast." I emailed back to ask for more specifics and have had nothing back.

I emailed Eric 13 days ago and he said sorry and they were waiting for the ilok codes.

I emailed him 2 days ago for an update and have got no reply.

I just went thru my email to check for spam and ironically found an email titled "Showtime - VIntage Legends is Out Now!". Dated the 20th December.

Not sure what to do about this...

I mailed BigFishAudio also. They said that will release boxed and downloaded versions of Vintage Legends and they said that ther was a delay because of the end of the year (christmas, new year...)

ok well hopefully that means Friday. Would have been nice to be kept in the loop. Ill be interested to see how good this is.

Return to “Instruments”