UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Downloaded the demo and extracted. Says the ufs file is no good. I've used UnrarX and DLd a couple times... still not working although my Plugsound Pro works fine? Any ideas... Mac 10.6.8

:?:

DHR53 wrote:Downloaded the demo and extracted. Says the ufs file is no good. I've used UnrarX and DLd a couple times... still not working although my Plugsound Pro works fine? Any ideas... Mac 10.6.8

:?:
Using UVIWorkstation 2.0.9 ?
You need at least 2.0.8 if I remember correctly as the UFS format has changed recently.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Er, I guess I need to upgrade my version... I'll get the latest and try again. Thanks!

One preset per instrument is a little thin on demo material but the 5 presets sound pretty good. Not sure I could make a decision based on that but I guess I have to. Ha! :)

:) True !! First it didn't worked under 2.0.7 then i've updated to 2.0.9 and now it works perfectly !

Thanks a lot ! :wink:

Check the Integrity of your soundbanks.

1. Download the MD5 summer tool:
PC
http://www.md5summer.org/md5v12005.exe
Mac
http://www.eternalstorms.at/md5/MD5.dmg.zip

2. Generate MD5 checksum of your downloaded soundbank and compare here.

3. If Your soundbank doesn't match, download your soundbank again.
Cowbells!

I downloaded and checked out the demo. I'm certainly more intrigued, and find that they really do all sound very different from one another (and they sound good), although it also means spending time on each one to learn their completely different GUI. I guess that's OK, though.

However, I think that only one preset per synth is not enough for me to have enough of an idea of what each synth is capable of. I don't understand (expect size constraints, I guess) why only one preset of each was offered. Many of us, especially those on a busy composing schedule, just don't have the time to go through each synth and play with all its parameters in order to really get the full idea of each instrument's potential. We rely on presets to help us determine whether a new synth will fit into our toolbox. IMHO, there should be 5 presets for each. But hey, maybe that's just me. In the meantime, this still falls short of an impulse buy, and I'll be skipping it unless I land a synth-heavy paying gig.

Tweaking some knobs produce quite large CPU spikes... I'm not sure if this bodes well if one would like to automate those controls.

I ended up demoing this and liked it quite a bit more than I thought (even though more presets included would've been nice) and the ability to edit is surprisingly good. Then Big Fish Audio came out with a sale on everything. With the reduced price and extra 35% off I picked it up for $194.97. Not a bad deal at all when you look at it like that. :)

donato wrote:With the reduced price and extra 35% off I picked it up for $194.97. Not a bad deal at all when you look at it like that. :)
Not all, that's like $32,5 per instrument included in the bundle :)

Anyone in this tread still have the Demo version of Vintage Legends on their HD? If so, would you be willing to e-mail it to me. I'm late to hearing about this a would also like to TBYB.
I Keep It Real Like a Home Cooked Meal!

I have the UFS file. PM me with your e-mail.

Return to “Instruments”