Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

billcarroll wrote:Definitely excited for CPU optimization and the new patch browser :)
Huge +1, particularly the CPU improvements. I'm currently using Cubase's mediabay for preset management which works well enough for me :)

soundpalace wrote:
billcarroll wrote:Definitely excited for CPU optimization and the new patch browser :)
Huge +1, particularly the CPU improvements. I'm currently using Cubase's mediabay for preset management which works well enough for me :)
Using the Cubase's mediabay a great idea actually. Save custom and favorites there.

It would be cool if there were a way to batch import Spire sound banks into mediabay.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
soundpalace wrote:
Using the Cubase's mediabay a great idea actually. Save custom and favorites there.

It would be cool if there were a way to batch import Spire sound banks into mediabay.
My Spire bank comes in Cubase MIDI loop format. I made a video on it on youtube.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

am really liking spire, and using it...just not a lot. it does not play well with Logic X...stutters a lot. i can use an instance or 2, but...some sounds not at all. so hoping for some SERIOUS cpu optimization. but a great synth overall.

Aiynzahev wrote: My Spire bank comes in Cubase MIDI loop format. I made a video on it on youtube.
Yeah, and that's how I learned all about Cubase MIDI loop format, and have been using them since.

Great sound bank too :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Right now I am living on Spire sounds.

fisherKing...that is the thing...it only takes a few instances of this to get outstanding results! Deep sounds indeed!

thejonsolo wrote:Right now I am living on Spire sounds.

fisherKing...that is the thing...it only takes a few instances of this to get outstanding results! Deep sounds indeed!
mostly agree. but i don't want cpu issues to determine what i can or can't use. like when i want to use some crazy deep pad, and everything starts stuttering... :(

Heh, I get you! The folks at Reveal Sound seem to be focused on CPU optimization and continue to work at making this thing tight. I'd imagine we'll see another stable update soon and even better ASIO demand than in the past.

Still better than Diva when it comes to stuttering.

Did you try version 1.0.9? Some optimisation has been done, I didn't make a direct comparison to the previous versions, but it seems to be somewhat lighter on CPU.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Did you try version 1.0.9? Some optimisation has been done, I didn't make a direct comparison to the previous versions, but it seems to be somewhat lighter on CPU.

am ON 1.0.9. better, but not better enough...yet... :D

I want a better envelope and a better arp. The arp is okay - but just okay. This deserves much better.
One thing I don't like is the Sustain has to be all the way up for any sound. This is something I haven't really encountered with any other synth. You should be able to make a patch with the Sustain all the way off and the Decay up.
I also made an identical patch from Massive, basically a supersaw, but the one from Massive has so much more 'snap' at the beginning.
Spire just can't do this.

soundpalace wrote:
I should also try the mediabay :dog:
but i hope Reveal is coming up with something for us, before i'll get comfortable with
the mediabay. :hihi:

osiris wrote:I want a better envelope and a better arp. The arp is okay - but just okay. This deserves much better.
One thing I don't like is the Sustain has to be all the way up for any sound. This is something I haven't really encountered with any other synth. You should be able to make a patch with the Sustain all the way off and the Decay up.
I also made an identical patch from Massive, basically a supersaw, but the one from Massive has so much more 'snap' at the beginning.
Spire just can't do this.
Can you please post your Massive and Spire patches? I'd like to see if I can help since I haven't encountered this problem myself (and use both Massive and Spire religiously) :)

hollo wrote:
soundpalace wrote:
I should also try the mediabay :dog:
but i hope Reveal is coming up with something for us, before i'll get comfortable with
the mediabay. :hihi:
It's pretty good actually, especially once you add some key commands for bringing up the preset browser. My only problem with Mediabay is that for some straaaannngggee reason, saving a new preset doesn't automatically show up when you go to load a preset. You may manually rescan your disks to have new presets detected. I will try to re-install Cubase at some point to see if that helps, but so far this has been my experience :|

soundpalace wrote:
It's pretty good actually, especially once you add some key commands for bringing up the preset browser. My only problem with Mediabay is that for some straaaannngggee reason, saving a new preset doesn't automatically show up when you go to load a preset. You may manually rescan your disks to have new presets detected. I will try to re-install Cubase at some point to see if that helps, but so far this has been my experience :|
Same here, they don't immediately show up, but I also don't think you have to rescan, you just have to give it some time, but re-scanning makes them come up immediately.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”