Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

VitaminD wrote:Are you recording at 88.2khz or 96khz??
No, that's the puzzling part. I can run millions of VST's and really never have a problem with CPU except with Spire, LuSH-101 and worst of all Synthmaster. I've come to grips with it though but I really wish I could use them like I want to. Oh well let's see what happens in the future. :)

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Are you recording at 88.2khz or 96khz??
No, that's the puzzling part. I can run millions of VST's and really never have a problem with CPU except with Spire, LuSH-101 and worst of all Synthmaster. I've come to grips with it though but I really wish I could use them like I want to. Oh well let's see what happens in the future. :)

.-.
Im glad Im not the only individual with Synthmaster Issues...thought it was jsut me. Find it less usable than Spire.

Saying that when i find parts I live, I tend to bounce to audio and back to live if need tweaking/overdubbing.

MFXxx wrote:Im glad Im not the only individual with Synthmaster Issues...thought it was jsut me. Find it less usable than Spire.
Saying that when i find parts I live, I tend to bounce to audio and back to live if need tweaking/overdubbing.
No definitely not. It makes my hair stand up. :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

If they were not so cpu intensive they would not sound so blessed good people. There is a reason they are cpu intensive. I use a 2013 macbook pro and there are some presets for synth master that I can only play one note of. And it might be one of the best sounding notes I ever heard. Get over it. All you gotta do is lower the oversampling rate if you want more poly. Of course...it won't sound as nice.

Thank God the cpus have finally gotten to a point where the software is useful to a professional. 5-6 yrs. ago I never would have considered going software. It just wasn't competitive with hardware.

Ive always heard about how the top priority is get the most cpu you can, after spending years on th most shamful setup, bought a 700 dollar brand new pc and its insane. its like working with samples now. seriously get with the times, these instruments are deigned for todays technology.

I had a MicroKorg and I think Lush and Spire, some Tone2 stuff and Massive(with the right soundsets) can compete any day.
One thing that helped a great deal with Lush was in Options there was a box you ticked for Multicore Processing. It still can get pretty high, but it helped a great deal. 25% reduction.

...of course we we could all start going down the route of multi pc's/audio interfaces/midi and audio over lan with our racks overflowing with custom pc builds - but then we could just simply buy the hardware to replace the software that's emulating the hardware :)

osiris wrote:I had a MicroKorg and I think Lush and Spire, some Tone2 stuff and Massive(with the right soundsets) can compete any day.
One thing that helped a great deal with Lush was in Options there was a box you ticked for Multicore Processing. It still can get pretty high, but it helped a great deal. 25% reduction.
Hey thanks Osiris it worked a little bit. I wish I could get the 25% you got but mine lowered the usage by about 6% or so. It's still crap though. Even after the so called update, CPU usage for this plug will always be shit.

.-.

MFXxx wrote:...of course we we could all start going down the route of multi pc's/audio interfaces/midi and audio over lan with our racks overflowing with custom pc builds - but then we could just simply buy the hardware to replace the software that's emulating the hardware :)
Lol!! Of which I still have a huge rack of. It just sits

.-.

Look it's like this. Everyone is going to have to start upping their oversampling rate...or go to a sample based instrument if you want the best sound. Guys that want more poly are going sample based....which includes mixing impulse responses with modeling oscillators. Maybe what some people are looking for at this point is a sampler. It sounds like a lot of guys are just buying the best kit they can get their hands on so they can sound like everybody else. If that's the case...get a sampler. Problem solved. These new software instruments like Spire are made for people who play synthesizers. Right now there is a movement to better sounding synths....but that comes with a cost of cpu. Everyone is getting ahold of the same kit right now and playing the same presets and trying to sound like everyone else...before they even now how to play. If you want great sound and you want to pair it with a sequencer to do the work for you and you want specific sounds...get a sampler (there is NOTHING wrong with that). I like Spire because, so far, it has encaged me as a player. As someone who enjoys taking the time to dig into an instrument and play it by hand. So far Spire has stayed true to that.

Dasheesh wrote: If you want great sound and you want to pair it with a sequencer to do the work for you and you want specific sounds...get a sampler
I don't understand what you mean. I have an i7 860 and Spire runs with no problems for me, I have songs with five or six instances, only about 30% CPU, and my CPU isn't top of the range, it's about three years old.

O.K., I've been drinking all afternoon and I'm a gluten for punishment. I'm running an i5 when traveling...the 13 incher. It does the job fine...but a preset patch like ... oh lets say the Aero pad for instance. It's a simple, but nice preset that is mostly effects based. It runs three mod sources and three effects. It is averaging 20% cpu for one instance and the one patch....and I don't care. Because I play the thing and multitrack what I do. I play it, record it, load a new track. The point being that Higher cpu damage comes with the territory and if you want the best stop bitching about it. Optimization is great until you start to degrade sound performance. really though...everything is a balancing act when it comes to synthesis, you can take it as far as you want to take it and you have to make compromises somewhere...just depends on what it is that you want to do with it...and I like where this instrument is going because it suits my use of an instrument very well...I'm willing to compromise the cpu.

20% is very playable.

See, but on mine Aero Pad would hit 95% CPU with like a 5 note chord.

Return to “Instruments”