Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

def an issue on mac. in logic X, i can use a couple of incidents of spire, but...gets problematic with pads, more complex sounds...

On my i7 860, Aero Pad takes 4.9% with a five note chord. It's almost negligible.
An i7 860 isn't a top of the range CPU any more either. I'm using Windows 8 64 bit, if that helps.

Osiris, what specs. do you have?

AMD A6 Vision Win 7 64 bit. 4Mb RAM
Actually I thin Aero Pad would top out at 30%. Some pads would to 95-98%. Messing with the envelope release time helped a bit.
But, in that preset bank I made, there's a pad I modeled after one in Massive. In fact, it's exactly the same routings, voicings, etc. In Massive, it will hit 25% , but Spire would hit 50%.
(I don't know the name of it because I don't have Spire anymore, but it has a slow attack and is a sweet sounding pad)

Sylenth1 waits in the wings...not that I have it anymore, but sometimes I wish I had it again.

You see what's happening. The processors are making all the difference. You choose the instrument for you and then built your system around using it. This is brand new technology for the masses. Someone could built a state of the art instrument that requires a multi tower installment and I wouldn't be able to use it. In fact they do for major events...look @ that olympics show last night. You think I could pull that off in my house? I'm not gonna bitch about it. I'm not gonna say "well they should make that technology available for me or they suck".

I think I mean 4 Gb RAM.

:)

Examigan wrote:Sylenth1 waits in the wings...not that I have it anymore, but sometimes I wish I had it again.
i feel less & less like that every day...and spire has definitely filled in that space (aided & abetted by other plugins...).

osiris wrote:AMD A6 Vision Win 7 64 bit. 4Mb RAM
Your processor is woefully underpowered for modern VSTs, you should always state what processor you are using when you say that a Spire preset takes up 95% CPU - other people will read it and think that Spire is going to take 95% CPU on their system, when this isn't the case for most people.

Spire has an amazingly beautiful, 'pure' sound to it, there's just something about it that sounds wonderful.

This new "Scorpio" filter red, black.. what is the difference? Is it emulated after some hardware?

quad core A6 underpowered. Who knew? I'll get right on that....

osiris wrote:quad core A6 underpowered. Who knew? I'll get right on that....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

:scared: So, that's wrong. That's just the plaque on the front. The label says 8 Gb DDR3 Memory
AMD A8 3820 processor

I think the only bigger one is the A10....

(I think a lot has to do with how FL uses processor power. It would be interesting to see how it reacts in other DAW's, but I don't own any others)

osiris wrote:quad core A6 underpowered. Who knew? I'll get right on that....
From the charts, it does seem rather very slow on computation... quad or not:

Code: Select all

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2013/compare,3166.html?prod[6234]=on&prod[5754]=on&prod[5755]=on&prod[5781]=on
(I placed the link in code tags since it doesn't like being in url tags or directly pasted. And 2nd column from right is the i5-3570)

Osiris, it must be slow for what you are doing - playing VSTs, otherwise it wouldn't take 95% of your CPU to do what takes 5% on my CPU. So yes, it's WOEFULLY underpowered.

Return to “Instruments”