Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

So, who is behind it? I still don't know anything about the developer(s)...

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, who is behind it? I still don't know anything about the developer(s)...
I'd like to know that too.

Putins inner circle...embargo alert :)
Last edited by MFXxx on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't care what country or planet they come from.
I'm just intrigued to know more about them. They are obviously talented people whoever they are :)

Ingonator wrote:
frag wrote:I was doing a JP-8000 emulation last night...

It came very close to the original - an untrained ear would certainly be "fooled". However, it would be great to have a true emulation of JP-8000 unison, and filters, on Spire. Right now, the sound becomes too thick, it simply wouldn't fit in the mix as good as a the real JP-8000. (Not that it wouldn't fit at all, it would still sound very nice and interesting.)

Oh, and it would be great to have Minimoog and MS-20 filters emulated, too!
If you want proper a JP-8000 oscillator (including Feedback Osc) and also Minimoog and MS-20 filters you should maybe have a look at U-He Diva... :)

Ingo
I solved the problem.

The trick was in JP-8000 Chorus (there's a SUPER CHORUS CLR algorithm according to the manual, which affects high frequencies mostly and cleans the sound). Supersaw osc. is a bit crippled without it - it's too thick to fit into mix nicely, when polyphonic... I played a bit with Spire's chorus and made that airy superstring a la Rank 1. Actually, it was quite difficult to achieve but I'm very satisfied with the result.

Diva is great, but to tell the truth it sounds TOO analog for my taste. :)

I need that PERFECTO filter! Beats the Virus. And I'm not joking. If I want "dirty", there's Acido, and Scorpio, at least for now.

Spire Unison algorithm covers all types of Unison/supersaw, JP, Virus, everything. You have to concentrate and find JP-8000 settings in it. But in the end, it is not an "emulation". Spire is simply SPIRE.

I always thought Russians are talented engineers, finally they're making something other than spaceships and weapons :clap:

They actually made some quite amazing synths, never really made it to the west. There was a video on the net a while back with old synths being rebuilt in the soviet but I cant remember where I found it. Was interesting so worth scouring, quite a long movie.

found it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay3rhzJ143s

Around
1:26:00 quote "...on western device, you press a button and get a result..."
1:31:00 quote "...on soviet instrument, you press a button and get something..."

Fooking classic lol

Enjoy comrads it's interesting.

If you want to dig some more :http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/11/ ... nic-movie/

http://www.elektromoskva.com/english/film

Tried this out for the last few hours it sounds fantastic. Im heading to meet my mate at our studio now but im confident that this thing will go toe to toe with the virus TI on most levels. Its envelopes are Snappy, it's filters sound rawer than the TI and Zebra/diva/Lush101 on first listen. I join this thread and people are whining about CPU cycles this an that. Mate whine if the sound is shit, and at worst case dont by it. But if some things sounding this good then the battles already won. Every synth can be and mostly are performance optimised after release 1. If it sounds shit then no amount of assembler code and multicore threading is going to save it beyond your very precious artist integrity ears. Remember there are three I's in Avicii but no sign of any ears.
Fight Apathy or don't.

Oops, we did it again! :) Update Spire v1.0.13
+ Add: Oscillator Type "SawPWM"
+ Fixed: Some DSP & GUI issues
* Update: Factory Bank 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JecCoJg83DQ

The PWM saw osc is the most anticipated feature. Thank you so much guys.

Wow... Thanks guys!

Thank you. Wonderful instrument! Its great to see that the developers have so much love for Spire. :clap:

Demo's sounding very nice...ilurveit.

These guys ROCK!! Constantly making an already great synth even better.

Spire is total rock n roll. Thanks a lot for all these updates.

I really like that synth, am waiting for Dune 2 to be released so that I can compare the two and then decide which one to get :)

Return to “Instruments”