Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

You probably tried a version prior to Spire 1.1, which significantly improved the performance. Just download the latest version, and try it again, if you like to. I find it pretty moderate by today's standards. Not as inexpensive as Sylenth1, but, surely better than something like Diva.

Yeah, Sylenth1 is great in that regard.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed there are many commercial presets available for Spire, so it must be quite a popular synth.

musicartist wrote:I once installed an tried Spire.

It sounded great, but was very CPU hungry.

Can anyone tell me how it performs in that regard now ?
Need more info. Define the time period known as "once". Was it 2 years ago? A few months ago?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

musicartist wrote:Yeah, Sylenth1 is great in that regard.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed there are many commercial presets available for Spire, so it must be quite a popular synth.
For the respective genres, i think it has substituted Sylenth1 for many people. It's great for other genres as well, of course. E.g. i get the sweetest analog/supersaw pads i ever heard from any synth out of it. And, it has a big sweet spot, where other soft synths often rather seem like one-trick ponies, for me.

Just a quicky.. Spire does not quite bite like Sylenth1, it is an interesting synth though every now and then I remember it and really enjoy the smooth knobs and I always wonder why I don't load it up more.

You have to work a bit to counter the clean thin-ness.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

EnochLight wrote:

Need more info. Define the time period known as "once". Was it 2 years ago? A few months ago?
I think it was about 1 or 2 years ago.

I can't remember exactly, because I try a lot of vst instruments and effects.

I just want to know how it is in the current version.

Double post.

Sorry.

musicartist wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

I think it was about 1 or 2 years ago.

I can't remember exactly, because I try a lot of vst instruments and effects.

I just want to know how it is in the current version.
Then I'd certainly try the latest. Not only have many features been added, but CPU/DSP use has been greatly improved.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Synthman2000 wrote:Just a quicky.. Spire does not quite bite like Sylenth1, it is an interesting synth though every now and then I remember it and really enjoy the smooth knobs and I always wonder why I don't load it up more.

I don't know what you mean with "bite", but, i think Spire sounds vastly superior than Sylenth1. Sylenth1 neither has the beef in the lower registers, nor does it have the punch Spire can develop. And, last but not least, Sylenth1 has that horrible loss of volume, when you crank up the resonance. I know, some analog synths do have that as well, but, you don't have to model every displeasing character of analog synths.

I wonder does this synth has Multithread support? On FL Studio this option is greyed out.

I always found a basic saw wave sounds more edgy in Sylenth1. Spire sounds naturally more smooth to me. It wants to be a smooth synth to my ears, Sylenth1 wants to growl.

You're right. It sounds smoother. Maybe that's also why i prefer it, really. :)

chk071 wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:Just a quicky.. Spire does not quite bite like Sylenth1, it is an interesting synth though every now and then I remember it and really enjoy the smooth knobs and I always wonder why I don't load it up more.

I don't know what you mean with "bite", but, i think Spire sounds vastly superior than Sylenth1. Sylenth1 neither has the beef in the lower registers, nor does it have the punch Spire can develop. And, last but not least, Sylenth1 has that horrible loss of volume, when you crank up the resonance. I know, some analog synths do have that as well, but, you don't have to model every displeasing character of analog synths.
Since high resonance can destroy speakers and ears, I actually prefer the volume drop.

And I agree with Synthman, neither Hive nor Spire has the same bite as Sylenth1.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:

Since high resonance can destroy speakers and ears, I actually prefer the volume drop.
Anyone who doesn't have a brickwall limiter on the master, is seriously insane, because, bugs in soft synths can also cause extremely high volume spikes. Besides, most, if not all speakers have a built in limiter these days. So, with both of these things, you don't have to fear risking your hearing. AND, i think that a volume loss when you crank up the resonance is a very undesirable thing to have, because, you can only make up for that with automation, or a compressor, which is both kind of a PITA, when you simply can avoid that, when programming your synth's filter. I know, even the Minimoog loses volume with higher resonance, but, we're speaking about digital synths here, where you can easily avoid it (and most devs actually do that).

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll try it and see how it fits into my music productions.

Return to “Instruments”