Eisenberg Einklang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Einklang

i installed the lite/beat-version some weeks ago (don't know the exact date). it immediately crashed live. deleted it.
is there an update in the meantime?

I like the sound and GUI design of this thing but I still feel the same way as others do about the price and simplicity of the synth itself. If it had some modulators with a proper mod matrix and a lower price tag I could actually consider buying it. That is if it used a different copy protection scheme.

There is no way I will ever buy a product in this price range from an "unknown" developer who chooses to use online activation. Who can guarantee that their servers are up and running in a few years? Online activation is pretty much the same as money down the drain for me. It's very clear that this product is not for me. That said I feel very fortunate as a customer that there is so many options to choose from these days.
There is literally hundreds of instruments listed in the KVRdb, of which many don't use online activation, have more sound shaping options and cost less money.

It sounds very thin and lifeless. And their business plan seems odd to say the least :) Paying almost 500 Euros just to add your name to the screen or around 1k for a custom GUI? Lol :)

This is definitely too expensive for what it is. For that amount of cash I'd definitely want some more parameters (poly/mono mode, effects, some more macro-type controls that would influence the sound in different ways) and definitely a way to do my own models.

Until that happens, it's a no go. This should be below 100€ as it is now.

Sounds sort of like additive synthesis run through MP3 compression to me.

It's cool you can morph but is that their main selling point?
:borg:

if you get the giggles you probably installed einklang.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I really dislike black-box style sound creation systems. I *want* to do the work, the puzzles involved in thinking like an engineer are as addictive as Tetris. :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

That's all good, Sendy. But not all people are tweakers like you and me and others.

Dear group,
Thank you so far for your feedback. We are glad that some people enjoy EINKLANG. Hopefully the others will enjoy one of our upcoming updates. We know, that there still lies much work ahead. But we take it step by step as we are constantly working on new features and improvements.
For example, we recently added support for RTAS and AAX, as you might have seen.
Best
Jenifer Eisenberg
We do the Math - You do the Music!

V0RT3X wrote:Sounds sort of like additive synthesis run through MP3 compression to me.
The strong point in my opinion though, ...and that can't be properly reproduce by any additive synthesis AFAIK, is this ability to create these quite convincing percussion models
V0RT3X wrote:It's cool you can morph but is that their main selling point?
I agree though, for what i could get it still expensive for me, and after all a bit frustrating on a pure sound design point of view

Einklang! I was skeptical at first. There aren't many obvious parameters on this thing, but it didn't take me long to realize the power that is hidden inside the turn of a few controls. While using Einklang I feel like mad musician, painting sonically. I can see why eMusicians who like to fiddle would be turned off at first, but soon after users may discover a unique, simple, powerful way to get a sound and complete a sweet track.
Last edited by tommyzai on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am enjoying the morph feature.

tommyzai wrote:Einklang! I was skeptical at first. There aren't many obvious parameters on this thing, but it didn't take me long to realize the power that is hidden inside the turn of a few controls. While using Einklang I feel like mad musician, painting sonically. I can see why eMusicians who like to fiddle would be turned off at first, but soon after users may discover a unique, simple, powerful way to get a sound and complete a sweet track.
Reflecting thé assertion that said that bad workers always havé bad tools, you are likely Right

:oops: :)

Has there been a BIG price drop on Einklang?

It used to be €199, but I see it priced at €39 in the shop now, can that be correct?: http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/shop

Numanoid wrote:Has there been a BIG price drop on Einklang?

It used to be €199, but I see it priced at €39 in the shop now, can that be correct?: http://www.eisenberg-audio.de/shop
Whoa...

Looks like the pricing model has changed from where I'm sitting. Seems the base synth is sold very cheaply and add-on models are now being sold separately. It's still a huge price drop whichever way you look at it mind. I think the 150 tone basic model was still over 100 euros (IIRC) with the 'full' version being the only other option.

I don't really understand why some tone colour packs are wildly more expensive than others, nor how you're supposed to decide which are suitable for your needs. Doesn't look like they can be demoed, and sound clips can't really get across the range of interactions possible (although there aren't any anyway).

Return to “Instruments”