One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

Here is my track for this months competition. Hope you enjoy it.
Thrax - Out Of The Void

All sounds in Voyager are created my myself as this is more fun IMO. :D I have tried to use less effects this month as I ran out of CPU power when making last months entry lol.

DAW: FL Studio 10

VSTs:
23 x Voyager

FX VSTs:
1 x Stardust (Mastering)
1 x Pushtec (EQ)
1 x Classic Delay (Delay)
1 x Classic Reverb
1 x KarmaFX Reverb

Nice track! Well done!

IrionDaRonin wrote:
Robert West wrote:When someone gets this to work in FL 10, please describe the process. I followed the instructions and am not able to get the new interface version recognized by FL... I'm sure it's operator error, but have no clue where I slipped.
That is a task for uncle Irion.
Let me check where are all the files...

First, create a folder called Voyager into FL Studio/plugins/VST folder. Like in the image.

Secondly, open the EXE file that you downloaded from the link in LimeFlavour website and install it in this folder. (Delete the "asData" folder from the line)

Thirdly, it should be this way now.

Four step. Now download the Voyager original from Aodyx website

Copy the original VST synth from Aodyx into Voyager\asData\plugins folder
Copy the presets you downloaded into Voyager\asData\presets\Voyager folder
Copy the skins into Voyager/asData/skins folder

Use Voyager_GUI.dll in the scanned VST folders to load the synth into FL Studio. (Not the original one called just Voyager)

Hints: Spacebar won't work if you have focused the synth, this will change the preset.
';' and ':' symbols will change presets to << and >>
It is a bit annoying, but you will get accustomed quick.

Now, if you want to change skin, second mouse button in any blank place into the gui, it will show you up a little options box.
·Load FXPB to open presets.
·Load Skin, to change into a new skin. Remember to reload the synth to see the new gui.

If you need more help, just ask, it will be a pleasure for me.

Have a nice day :)
Wow, thanks for posting all that! I appreciate all the effort. Not to seem like a sour-puss, but I really don't have the patience to fiddle so much just to get the thing to work. I get no joy from that aspect of using a computer; that sort of challenge is tiresome to me. Too bad someone wasn't authorized by his family to make it more "install friendly". It would be a good legacy for him and something for the family to be proud of. As it is, most folks won't be able to figure it out on their own. (We don't all have an Irion to turn to!)
Thanks again man, maybe I'll try next month.

Hey Rob - I actually like the vanilla version without the skin better - the skinned one is helpful to show how the synth is wired together, and nicer to look at - but the vanilla one has less weird popups and layers of software. :) And pretty useful text values on the knobs.

this is probably a really stupid question, but I am trying to modify a kick drum patch and it doesn't seem to be responding to the velocity of the notes I send it (all notes are constant volume). I can't seem to find what parameter I need to use to adjust this. Any hints? (I'm not using the customised GUI). thanks

this is probably a really stupid question, but I am trying to modify a kick drum patch and it doesn't seem to be responding to the velocity of the notes I send it (all notes are constant volume). I can't seem to find what parameter I need to use to adjust this. Any hints? (I'm not using the customised GUI). thanks
Yeah, you're not alone - it's a bug in the synth unfortunately, velocity-to-amplitude doesn't work.

QuadrupleA wrote:Yeah, you're not alone - it's a bug in the synth unfortunately, velocity-to-amplitude doesn't work.
OK, thanks for letting me know

Thrax wrote:Here is my track for this months competition. Hope you enjoy it.
Thrax - Out Of The Void

All sounds in Voyager are created my myself as this is more fun IMO. :D I have tried to use less effects this month as I ran out of CPU power when making last months entry lol.

DAW: FL Studio 10

VSTs:
23 x Voyager

FX VSTs:
1 x Stardust (Mastering)
1 x Pushtec (EQ)
1 x Classic Delay (Delay)
1 x Classic Reverb
1 x KarmaFX Reverb

WOW! A high standard is set from the very first track in this OSC!

Good luck!

How's it going with the synth? No velocity to amplitude maybe, but unique and raw sound in my opinion. Can't really think of any other free synth with this much grit and punch. Lovely screaming filters.

I am really struggling with that one.
I have managed (not without difficulties and spending a lot of time on various forums) to set up a Windows partition with Bootcamp on my Mac. It is not as simple as Apple wants you to think it is. Basically it is something you ought to do straight away with a new Mac computer before there are files all over your HD.
The first copy (disc version) of Windows 7 I bought on the internet had some flaw & I could not install it ( more hours lost in the process).
I just got (a week later) a new disc from the dealer & it worked fine then picked up a demo version of FL studio & thanks to Irion's explanations ( Thanks again & HB to you mate)was able to set it up with Voyager as a plugin. Spent a bit more time watching tutorials on YouTube about FL Studio, and then even more time working around Voyager itself which is great BTW.
Although still fighting with automation on FL, I ended up with a few usable sequences for my project, only to realize I could not save & retrieve them without buying some version of FL Studio.
I should have read the demo agreement more carefully.
Please FL fans tell me it is a good investment!!!
What version should I get ? If I do not use audio ,I guess the Fruity edition is enough.

V'ger wrote:How's it going with the synth? No velocity to amplitude maybe, but unique and raw sound in my opinion. Can't really think of any other free synth with this much grit and punch. Lovely screaming filters.
Yes, lots of nice sounds with this synth, although I'm rubbish at sound design, so I'm mainly starting with other people's patches and tweaking them. One thing that is confusing me - is there some white noise source being fed directly into filter B?

markheath wrote:... One thing that is confusing me - is there some white noise source being fed directly into filter B?
Yes! Both Filters A and B have their own "noise gain" knob.
The oscillators have no noise. In this synth the filters are the noise source.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

ClaRago wrote:I am really struggling with that one.
I have managed (not without difficulties and spending a lot of time on various forums) to set up a Windows partition with Bootcamp on my Mac. It is not as simple as Apple wants you to think it is. Basically it is something you ought to do straight away with a new Mac computer before there are files all over your HD.
The first copy (disc version) of Windows 7 I bought on the internet had some flaw & I could not install it ( more hours lost in the process).
I just got (a week later) a new disc from the dealer & it worked fine then picked up a demo version of FL studio & thanks to Irion's explanations ( Thanks again & HB to you mate)was able to set it up with Voyager as a plugin. Spent a bit more time watching tutorials on YouTube about FL Studio, and then even more time working around Voyager itself which is great BTW.
Although still fighting with automation on FL, I ended up with a few usable sequences for my project, only to realize I could not save & retrieve them without buying some version of FL Studio.
I should have read the demo agreement more carefully.
Please FL fans tell me it is a good investment!!!
What version should I get ? If I do not use audio ,I guess the Fruity edition is enough.
FL Producer Edition is the way I went... Even though I don't have a need to use audio yet, I can see it being very handy. So to avoid the trial of upgrading later, when I wanted it, I went ahead and ponied up for it. This version also gets you the FL version of a synth maker. I haven't started using that yet either, but will as the inspiration hits and time is avail.

Hi all,

We have Jannuary the 15th and I send the second entry? That is strange. Normally there are much more tracks at this time.

Here is mine now. I called it:

26 instances of Voyager in Cubase 5 Essential

Filter: Electri-Q, BootEQmkII
Dynamics: TDRFeedBackCompressor, Loudmax, FluxBitterSweet-II
Delays: IxoxDelay, ClassicDelay, NastyDLA
Reverb: Ambience, FreeverbToo
Analyzer: Span

Dynamik Range according TT Dynamic Range Meter: DR=13[/url]
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Cheers for the submission, and yes, very few entries so far, but we lost Mac users with this synth and maybe people are also a bit 'knobbed' out after Bazille?

Maybe time for a simpler synth next month.

@ClaRago: Reaper has a fully working 60 day demo, and the cheapest of all the major DAWs at $60 for a personal license. In my opinion it's also the best DAW, having migrated from Cubase, owning FL Studio and done extensive demoing of Ableton, but Studio One is becoming increasingly popular although I found it lacking configurability when I demoed it. Sonar I don't really know except it uses a lot of tools which can be tiring, and I also hear it uses a bit too much resources just to run.

Having run this competition for a while now, it's obvious to see FL Studio gives most issues with synths, Ableton second. Reaper seems to cope the best with most synths and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”