One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

I've decided to enter a second submission. Quantity rather than quality, that's my motto!

Made in Reaper.

This one ended up using 23 instances of Voyager, but about half of those are doubled up because I had two versions of the track running parallel which I ended up merging on top of each other. If I took the time to consolidate it properly, it would probably only use about 12 unique instances of Voyager.

1 instance of TAL Filter 2

4 instances of TAL Reverb 2

ReaEq
ReaComp
Kjaerhus Audio Classic Master Limiter

Thanks for listening.

BHY

https://soundcloud.com/broad-halls-of-y ... -yeast-wet

bzur wrote:
gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:My track, and my integrity have been restored! Thanks to Soundcloud's quick response, tho they clearly pulled it at first without actually listening to it...
Could you please post here their reply, or a summary of it? I'm curious to know what they say about this kind of issues.
They said almost nothing, just that they were restoring the track. Haven't heard anything from Universal directly, I imagine I won't.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:No idea. It was Universal. They must use a bot that compares waveforms to their catalog and flags close matches. I wonder what the waveform of their song looks like...
Unbelievable.. :( Must be a huge setup with scanning all accounts (how do the bot find all accounts anyway?), and all to catch some non-commercial releases? Seems strange to me it could work so fast to catch your song unless the program is part of SoundCloud and scanning is done during upload.

Quaoar wrote:Hi,

Just (and just finished in time for the deadline, pff) uploaded my track for this month's challenge.

Quaoar _ The Voyage

9 instances of Voyager

Delay & Reverb from Kjaerhus
Reverb send - Delay on 2 tracks

Rough Rider compressor on the bass

Hope you like the track
Simon
Hey, I already picked that totally obvious title... :-D

Voyager is an amazing synth to work with!

Song: Exotic Voyage

DAW : FlStudio

14 Instances of Voyager.

Plugins:
OTT
Thrillseeker LA
Thrillseeker XTC
TLS Maximizer
Built in EQ
Nasty VCS

I hope you enjoy.

VanderVan

https://soundcloud.com/vandervan/vander ... c-voyage-1

file name: VanderVan-Exotic-Voyage-1.mp3

Wow... I never got any updates to this topic, must have been a PEBKAC.

Anyway, I, after much deliberation about scrapping it, have decided to submit the laziest song ever. I really had some great aspirations but little time to execute them, as such, this really ended up being the laziest song ever.

z.prime - The Laziest Song Ever

A track for One-Synth-Challenge #48 - Voyager, a really old virtual synth that sucks :)

35 voyager instances
Other FX:
Atlantis Filter
Rea Comp
ReaXComp
midi plugs
Limiter No6
Thrillseeker XTC blue
TDR Feedback Compressor
epicVerb
mgTempoDelay

This really was the laziest song ever... while I worked on another one. Stay tuned in the following days for something GREAT, not OSC related! :)

Forgot to post here:

Host: FL Studio 10

Song: Puzzle Pieces

10 instances of Voyager

Song: Memory (Music)

10 instances of Voyager

V'ger wrote:... unless the program is part of SoundCloud and scanning is done during upload.
Did someone forget to read their EULA? :hihi: It clearly states that "all your bits are now belong to us." :P

But honestly, it wouldn't surprise if it is something on soundcloud's end. Or at least the conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe. I won't be using Live's direct to soundcloud upload anytime soon though. :P

pleaaase... 10 minutes to finish upload ;]

I'd love to hear the resulting tracks of these compositions, especially some 23 or more instances of the synth. Will they be posted here? (I've never had the time to follow this contest in the past.)

I always loved the sound of Voyager, but I gave up on it long ago. I really found it a nuisance to use -- no manual, huge GUI, too ugly to stare into very long. Even the Asecca/Limeflavour skin was a royal pita to install -- very odd considering all Limeflavour's other skins were always a breeze to employ. So I did the reasonable thing and ditched it and moved on. I've managed to get that singing sweetness on several other synths since then. Sadly, and despite the also unfortunate fate of its creator, I think this synth was simply ahead of its time and misunderstood back when it was originally released, an all-too-common situation.

hi again..

well,a few technical problems included , but I couldn't focus to be honest. 3rd day without ciggs, and this is my first track since over 10years, which is 100% nicotine free - that few hours were like fck battle, but i won!

"Cztery fazy zmroku"
renoise + native fx + 6 X LoudMax VST + 2x EpicVerb VST :
7 instances of Voyager

http://soundcloud.com/cactoos/cactoos-c ... zmroku-kvr

regards,
cts
Last edited by cactoos_dahoo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:
Quaoar wrote:Hi,

Just (and just finished in time for the deadline, pff) uploaded my track for this month's challenge.

Quaoar _ The Voyage

9 instances of Voyager

Delay & Reverb from Kjaerhus
Reverb send - Delay on 2 tracks

Rough Rider compressor on the bass

Hope you like the track
Simon
Hey, I already picked that totally obvious title... :-D

Oops, After finishing the track it's allways a last minute decision
what to call the track. :shock:

I wanted to call my track Voyeager as I'm sure I nicked part of my bassline from an old yeager OSC entry. But I couldn't find what one it was, and didn't think he'd want his name to be associcated with my crummy music. ;)

on Moldavsky - Voyager 2013
https://soundcloud.com/moldavsky/voyager-2013

Hello everyone,

it's my first submission and first post here,
though I'm not totally new to music/sound.

The host - Magix Samplitude Music Studio 2013,
all FX used - Jeroen Breebaart Ferox - 2, stock EQs - 6 and a Limiter - 1,
how many instances of the synth - 9.

The goal was to create a simple, yet emotionally powerful track,
As you can hear I embraced noise.
The name "Voyager 2013" is tentative,
so your suggestions/associations are welcome.

Thanks for listening,

Mikhail

Well, I missed the deadline to upload, share with the group, and post details... D'oh! I wasn't happy with my track, anyway. But feel free to listen on soundcloud if you want.

Good luck everyone!

Return to “Instruments”