VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE
Shown here with Limeflavour skin

RULES:
- Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE (notice updated rule)
- Song(s) must be submitted before 1st February (KVR time)

PRIZES:
KV331 Audio : Synthmaster 'factory'

Wusik : Wusik Station Full + Wusik EVE Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either DIVA, Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Platinum BundleImage

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choiceImage

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LimeFlavour's skin is here. When installing, make sure to follow the instructions exactly.

Banks for Voyager by Nolwenn: http://ann.sounds.free.fr/

Cant get the downloaded presets to work. The skin is working fine. I have my patches in the designated folder in /VstPlugins/asData/presets, but the synth is not recognizing them. I tried shuffling them around and locating them in different subfolders of the VstPlugins folder but to no avail. Anyone out there having any similar issues.

OK I figured it out. It was not so obvious, or at least not to this idiot. So, to load a bank, place the bank in to the asData/presets folder. When you open the Voyager vst instance in your DAW right click anywhere on the interface BUT you must not click on any movable knobs or any other such functions. Must right click on empty space on the synth. This will open a small menu with load and save functions. Click load (on the right side of menu), it should open the folder where banks and patches are stored. I have a problem where the presets in each bank mix up but they're all there so Im not even gonna get into this issue. f**k it.

On the other hand if you DO right click on knobs this brings up a modulation menu and from there you can get creative as you like. Or at least I think its a modulation menu, I haven't played with it yet.

Yes, presets can be loaded from within Voyager that way, although it doesn't matter where the banks are as you can always point to them in the dialog box.

Banks can also be loaded via the DAW if it has the ability to load FXBs outside Voyager's interface, which I think most do.

Forgot to mention that Voyager is abandonware so there will be no fixes or anything as the developer has passed away and the source code is lost or locked, but the sound is just too good not for it to be on in my opinion.

V'ger wrote:...Forgot to mention that Voyager is abandonware so there will be no fixes or anything as the developer has passed away and the source code is lost or locked, but the sound is just too good not for it to be on in my opinion.
Sorry to hear! He did a good job, the abilites of this synth are great.
Is there anywhere a kind of user manual to this? It is not everything clear understandable. There are some hidden functions with the right mouse button, one can see a lot of praramters, but now ideas what they are. Which oscillator is Fm-modulating which other osc, and so on...

Biggest problem. The sustain pedal is not working. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanx,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Asseca created mGUI, the framework for which the skin is part of, see here for more: http://www.asseca.com/mgui/

The most obvious use for the right-click menu is to set MIDI learn, just click and drag up and down inside the boxes (type is CC, par is CC number etc).

Although Voyager doesn't auto-report its parameters to the DAW which means you can't just hit record and move knobs to record automation, the parameters are all still there, they just have to be set manually, see here how it's done in Reaper for example:

photonic wrote:Which oscillator is Fm-modulating which other osc, and so on...
Hey Photonic - I can answer the FM part, from experimentation last night - modulation is:

1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> (back to 1)

Would also be interested if there's a manual - didn't fully understand the "mirror" stuff.

Thank you for the hints!

Found another problem in Cubase. Usualy I close all windows of any plug ins with the close icon (x) in the upper right corner. When I do this with Voyager, Cubes crahes completely. I have to close the windows with the instrument show/hide-function of cubase (the small keyboard symbol). Than it works.
And from time to time I recognize some mute of the synth. About 1-2 seconds and than it works again for a while.

Did someone else have the same experience?

Don't have any of those issues. Have you tried the non-skinned version if it's the same there?

V'ger wrote: Forgot to mention that Voyager is abandonware so there will be no fixes or anything as the developer has passed away...
Sucks to hear that!

Arguru, programmer of Image Line (FL Studio) and creator of virtual soft synths of DiscoDSP, passed away near of Benalmadena (Malaga), in a traffic car accident. Year 2007.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180754
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/06/i ... ssed-away/
http://www.hispasonic.com/noticias/fall ... rguru/2067

I didn't know him personally, i couldn't talk to him (and i would have liked to do it), but there is always a lost feeling when a developer, musician or producer pass away.
Wherever he is now, Requiescat In Pace.
So guys, try to make a wonderful music with his synthesizer. I think he deserves and he would like to hear nice music with Voyager. ;)

Have a good day :)

I take it this is Windows/VST-only? I'm on a Mac - so I won't be able to take part this month.

Anyhow, I'll look forward to hearing what people come up with....

V'ger wrote:Don't have any of those issues. Have you tried the non-skinned version if it's the same there?
Yeah, it seems it is the skinned version. When I use the non-skinned I can close the window as usal. And I did not here the mute after playing a while.

Now I have to think about which version I will take ;-)

Thanks,
Photonic

pedalsteeldrummer wrote:I take it this is Windows/VST-only? I'm on a Mac - so I won't be able to take part this month.

Anyhow, I'll look forward to hearing what people come up with....
Maybe you know this allready:
http://www.vstplanet.com/News/12/Plugwire_free.htm

But maybe it helps,
Photonic

Return to “Instruments”