One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

Just tweaked my mix a bit for "The Voyage" and my DR appears to be around 7, tho I'm not sure how y'all are measuring it. I think I missed that discussion!

Name of tune: key88-201201_00Voyager
DAW: Reaper
Instances of Voyager: 11
No external effects used, just straight Voyager
It was fun to use, TIA for any votes!

Here's the link:
https://soundcloud.com/key88/key88-201201-00voyager
DR Range 14
:)

Guess what friends, someone is trying to jack me. Someone has claimed that my tune used copyrighted material from a song called "lets get physical" by a group called "rock & junior" that I've never heard of. I listened to the song in question and it bears little resemblence to mine, so im sure nothing will come of it, but it probably will prevent me from participating this month. Pthbt.

That sucks - sounds like BS - just agree to give them 10% of your movie and radio royalties :)

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:Guess what friends, someone is trying to jack me. Someone has claimed that my tune used copyrighted material from a song called "lets get physical" by a group called "rock & junior" that I've never heard of. I listened to the song in question and it bears little resemblence to mine, so im sure nothing will come of it, but it probably will prevent me from participating this month. Pthbt.
That's pretty ridiculous, in 2013.

QuadrupleA wrote:That sucks - sounds like BS - just agree to give them 10% of your movie and radio royalties :)
LOL!

Please Gorgor, pass about that nonsense accusation from other person who is in love with their untouchable music.
I will put your track in my list to vote, i don't care that stupid thing.

All tracks could be alike nowadays, too many alike scores, too many alike melodies, too many alike basslines, etc.
We would be freaking busy knowing about ALL tracks in the world just to not infringe any possible copyright.

Personally, i don't give a f**k about it. I play the honor system, if there would be another track alike to the one i'm making i don't care.

I know about very well known films company that before the copyright laws would existed, they used to copy all kind of films the way they wanted, and then they created this copyright thing just to make profit and extract more money from people who "infringed" the laws they created.
Absurd and hypocritical.
The main reason is always the same, just money, money and more money. Jeez. They don't care Art or the feelings, they only care the money.

The Art is free, the feelings are free, and the way you want to express then through music, wirttings, painting, photography, etc is free.
And you can do whatever you want with your music, despite if there is a track in the bottom of a WC which is alike to the track you made from ignorance.

Have a nice day :)

Hi,

Just (and just finished in time for the deadline, pff) uploaded my track for this month's challenge.

Quaoar _ The Voyage

9 instances of Voyager

Delay & Reverb from Kjaerhus
Reverb send - Delay on 2 tracks

Rough Rider compressor on the bass

Hope you like the track
Simon

Saukar30 wrote:Here's my submission!
My first time doing this challenge .
Welcome ;)

My track, and my integrity have been restored! Thanks to Soundcloud's quick response, tho they clearly pulled it at first without actually listening to it...

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:Guess what friends, someone is trying to jack me. Someone has claimed that my tune used copyrighted material from a song called "lets get physical" by a group called "rock & junior" that I've never heard of.
How did they find it so fast?

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:My track, and my integrity have been restored! Thanks to Soundcloud's quick response, tho they clearly pulled it at first without actually listening to it...
Could you please post here their reply, or a summary of it? I'm curious to know what they say about this kind of issues.

No idea. It was Universal. They must use a bot that compares waveforms to their catalog and flags close matches. I wonder what the waveform of their song looks like...

Unloved...

DAW: Studio One
Voyager: x12
Host plugins: Room Reverb, Pro EQ, Autofilter x4, Gate, Mixverb, Limiter
3rd party plugins: Camel Crusher x6, KR-Delay FS, Density x2, Anvil x2, GBand x2, NRR-1, TB_EZQ
Voxengo r8brain
DR9

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/sunsyn/e-rs-unloved

This is my first attempt outside the Mac/Logic world. After a number of frustrating attempts at other solutions I have now set up Reaper via Bootcamp on my Mac.
So with only very little time left to get something out of Voyager, more of a personal challenge than anything else , I did not feel I could shy away from submitting an entry however flawed or imperfect.
So here it is:
http://soundcloud.com/clauderagonnet/cl ... ass-ticket

16 instances of Voyager
Host :Reaper
Effects used:
Kjaehrus Classic compressor & limiter ( not easy to find a download on the web )
ReEq
ReaSurround
ReaDelay
JS width
JS auto wideness
Barricade
Bionic Delay
Last edited by ClaRago on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”