One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

photonic wrote:
pedalsteeldrummer wrote:I take it this is Windows/VST-only? I'm on a Mac - so I won't be able to take part this month.

Anyhow, I'll look forward to hearing what people come up with....
Maybe you know this allready:
http://www.vstplanet.com/News/12/Plugwire_free.htm

But maybe it helps,
Photonic
I was going to show this app to him. But i was searching it.
Anyway, it works for VSTis too? Or only for VSTs?

Have a nice day guys :)

When someone gets this to work in FL 10, please describe the process. I followed the instructions and am not able to get the new interface version recognized by FL... I'm sure it's operator error, but have no clue where I slipped.

IrionDaRonin wrote:
photonic wrote:
pedalsteeldrummer wrote:I take it this is Windows/VST-only? I'm on a Mac - so I won't be able to take part this month.

But maybe it helps,
Photonic

No idea! I just remembered this app and thought I should bring it up here.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

photonic wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:
photonic wrote:

But maybe it helps,
Photonic

No idea! I just remembered this app and thought I should bring it up here.
Thanks, guess I should have said for Win 7. "I just drive 'em, man. I don't know nothin' about fixin' tanks."

Robert West wrote:When someone gets this to work in FL 10, please describe the process. I followed the instructions and am not able to get the new interface version recognized by FL... I'm sure it's operator error, but have no clue where I slipped.
That is a task for uncle Irion.
Let me check where are all the files...

First, create a folder called Voyager into FL Studio/plugins/VST folder. Like in the image.

Secondly, open the EXE file that you downloaded from the link in LimeFlavour website and install it in this folder. (Delete the "asData" folder from the line)

Thirdly, it should be this way now.

Four step. Now download the Voyager original from Aodyx website

Copy the original VST synth from Aodyx into Voyager\asData\plugins folder
Copy the presets you downloaded into Voyager\asData\presets\Voyager folder
Copy the skins into Voyager/asData/skins folder

Use Voyager_GUI.dll in the scanned VST folders to load the synth into FL Studio. (Not the original one called just Voyager)

Hints: Spacebar won't work if you have focused the synth, this will change the preset.
';' and ':' symbols will change presets to << and >>
It is a bit annoying, but you will get accustomed quick.

Now, if you want to change skin, second mouse button in any blank place into the gui, it will show you up a little options box.
·Load FXPB to open presets.
·Load Skin, to change into a new skin. Remember to reload the synth to see the new gui.

If you need more help, just ask, it will be a pleasure for me.

Have a nice day :)

Plugwire looks awesome! Hope it works.

Photonic: Does the skinned version work without the issue in other hosts? In other words, is it Cubase that doesn't like the skin wrapper? Are you using a bridge? (32-64 bit)

Bad problems with the nice skin on Linux/WINE/REAPER - loads but the GUI freezes and becomes unusable and I can barely make heads or tails of the standard GUI; hopefully the Windows box is better...

A bit confusing, but don't forget to really 'see' the labeled boxes with 4 oscillators on top, 2 filters bottom left etc.

the mac/windows vst converter sounds cool but looks way to complicated for me. I'll be watching what you guys make this month. GL everybody! :)

That doesn't mean you can start your Podolski track or anything.. :wink:

Seriously few remaining cross platform Mac/PC synths now, we've practically done them all. Seems only Model E or TAL-U-No-62 left, if those are at all interesting..

If Plugwire or equivalent is too hassle, maybe easiest is to put out the word that you'll take someone's throwaway PC as it looks we'll do mostly PC synths this year.

Dudes, one day i tried to make music with the original Voyager synth, and it is not that difficult as it seems.

All the knobs are very well labelled. The only problem really is that there are too many of them, a bit overwhelming maybe. But once you get accustomed to it, you can make music without problem.
In case Asseca doesn't work in your daw, give it a try please.

Good luck everyone :)

V'ger wrote:Photonic: Does the skinned version work without the issue in other hosts? In other words, is it Cubase that doesn't like the skin wrapper? Are you using a bridge? (32-64 bit)
Sorry, no other experiences. I only use Cubase 5 Essential. And my WinXP is only 32bit.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

I meant like Savihost, Minihost, VSThost etc. But I guess even if it works in those, there's nothing to be done unless there are some settings in Cubase you could switch. (in Reaper there are options to run the plugin in different modes etc)

photonic wrote:

But maybe it helps,
Photonic

Thanks - never knew about this! I'll have a look into it...

Just for the interest of anyone on Macs - I didn't have much luck with the plugwire Mac/VST solution, but I have discovered an application called "WineBottler" - lets you run Windows apps on a Mac (no, really - it works!).

After a bit of messing around (had to get version 1.2.3 of WineBottler, not the latest version) I now have Voyager VST running in a demo version of Reaper! Latency is a bit poor but useable, so I may just give this month's contest a go after all...
:)

pedalsteeldrummer

Return to “Instruments”