NI's got a Rick bass plugin now, wherefore art thou Trillian?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A linguistic note on the OP's laudable effort to give a literary twist to the thread title:

'wherefore' is not a reinforced variant of 'where'. It means 'why', 'for what reason'.

Perhaps not quite the intended effect? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Harry_HH wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:Who? Lenny from Motorhead? :hihi: I would love you to call him that to his face.
Why? Have you got other perversions, too?
(Empty bluster - these guys see just dollars when people start calling them first names, which mean them much more than the tough guy image.)
OK the joke was lost in translation. His name's not Lenny. The idea of someone in Motorhead being called Lenny amused me. Sort of kills it when you have to explain it.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:Who? Lenny from Motorhead? :hihi: I would love you to call him that to his face.
Why? Have you got other perversions, too?
(Empty bluster - these guys see just dollars when people start calling them first names, which mean them much more than the tough guy image.)
OK the joke was lost in translation. His name's not Lenny. The idea of someone in Motorhead being called Lenny amused me. Sort of kills it when you have to explain it.
OK, my mistake, sorry. Just shows how litte I know/respect the genre the man represent, comparing the other names mentioned in this connection.
I have to say I even prefer Glen Matlock's former band and what they achieved to the Motörhead - and e.g. Lenny Bruce as the performing artist. (But what funny is in the name Lenny vs. Lemmy, I have to admit, my English/cultural knowledge is not enough to understand that, maybe someone will educate me, someone who is not afraid of killing jokes...). H.

Wait, do I get this right that we HAVE TO do a manual offset of the recording in order to get an "on beat" playback, even if the MIDI notes are quantized on beat?

I was really thinking about getting one of the Scarbee Basses this time around, but I think I will(!) stick to my current libraries. I can play them in real time and don't have to adjust anything in order to "fit to the beat".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Wait, do I get this right that we HAVE TO do a manual offset of the recording in order to get an "on beat" playback, even if the MIDI notes are quantized on beat?

I was really thinking about getting one of the Scarbee Basses this time around, but I think I will(!) stick to my current libraries. I can play them in real time and don't have to adjust anything in order to "fit to the beat".
Strange indeed. Isn't this library supposed to mimic a real bass player? If so, can't a bass player play on the beat? Could this be why my band sucks? :hihi:

I think Lenny is actually a much more rock n roll name than Ian.

samsam wrote:I think Lenny is actually a much more rock n roll name than Ian.
Lenny Curtis, Lenny Gillan, and Lenny Astbury agree.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
samsam wrote:I think Lenny is actually a much more rock n roll name than Ian.
Lenny Curtis, Lenny Gillan, and Lenny Astbury agree.
Exactly, much better than Ian Kravitz, er..... Ian Cohen and....er......erm.....Ian Skynyrd
Last edited by samsam on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lenny Kravtiz.

samsam wrote:.er......erm.....Ian Skynyrd
:tu: ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Lenny Cohen

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Compyfox wrote:Wait, do I get this right that we HAVE TO do a manual offset of the recording in order to get an "on beat" playback, even if the MIDI notes are quantized on beat?
Correct, you have to set a delay. There is a field for doing this in the settings for the instrument itself, but I prefer to just use the "Track Delay" input in Ableton Live itself (I imagine other DAW's have comparable things). I found that when I used the field in the instrument settings, something still seemed slightly off...whereas using ableton's track delay, everything is tight as punch.

Also note that you have to subtract 7ms from whatever the 'Scrape Mix' is set to (I read in a different thread that it's 40ms by default, but on mine it's actually 50ms). So if it's 50, I put -47ms in the ableton 'track delay' for the channel the instrument is in -- with that done, everything works perfectly.

another noted problem with the delay input field in the instrument itself is that it can't be set to more than 33ms...so in the above scenario wherein I need 47, it's not even possible...odd.

-M

Well i'd like to say as much as i enjoy using NI products every here and there, so far nothing really compares to Trilian, i mean seriously you have one of the best plug-ins out there why bother look for more options, you have all the sound possibilities inside Trilian even the one which you can make in real life with bass.

Limit your self with plug-ins, just use one stop drulling and wasting time over something you dont need, or atleast if you thing you do you need ask your self for what purpose and do you have that already. Learn you vst's to the max, use them till you rub them out flat, and have them memorized in the back of your hand :D

I promise you great out come with limitation.
Just advising and trying to help not critising, because i always see people writing i need this and that to fill up with and that, that is missing.
Before you do that make sure you have atleast completed couple of albums/EP's/projects what ever floats your boat so you can see the full capasity of your vst's and believe you will NOT throw your money away. :p

Trillian has a lot of inconsistencies In level and tone.
Impact soundworks shreddage bass fits in the mix real well, right out of the box.This Rick sounds promising.

Harry_HH wrote:
AKJ wrote:I totally agree about the no need for a 4001 argument. But will there be a Höfner one day?

cheers, akj
This is really not much more than ***licking comment.
Höfner is already well sampled e.g. by the Spectrasonics (Trilian)
but I haven't heard yet well implemented Rick 4001 (e.g. Macca or Chris sound)
by any instrument sampling company. H.
actually that's not right. they chose an epiphone clone (which actually seems to sound a bit different)

Return to “Instruments”