free BIGTONE soundset for synth1

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synth1, very cool! :tu: :clap:
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

Cool, time to dust off the good old synth1 again :hihi:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

brok landers wrote:ok, it's synth1. i'll put the link up later today.
actually i would not have thought that quite a lot of you guessed synth1 right away. i thought a lot of users wouldn't think that one can actually tweak some astonishing stuff out of it. at least i myself was always kinda stunned about that fact, which kept me always going on doing patches. however, the working process showed me clearly, that sonically there's quite some distance to other freeware synths. if synth1 would be at least enhanced to have switchable oversampling, have a better filter and more balanced osc's, it could rival even better payware synths.

well, i hope you will find some use for these presets... have fun! :-)
Indeed, I would have never thought that Synth1 was capable of such sounds - I was more inclined towards Free Alpha!

Thanks for this really entertaining game :)

- Mario

Aha, so you DID pull our leg a little bit; Synth1 has always appeared to me as quite capable (and seriously underestimated by many). If you or anyone else have ever heard the patches for it done by Tim (RIP), Ann (where is she?), Teksonik and other patch-designers, you would never categorize it as 'not that capable' :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But still, the sounds you did for it now are great as well 8)

Oh, and about my vote for PolyIblit, I was just having some fun with your 'not that capable' statement; it is seriously up there with Synth1 as quite/very capable free synths :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

What do I win?

hakey wrote:What do I win?
My respects.
Congratulations Hakey, it is well known that you know that little gem very well.

Have a good day :)

crimsonwarlock wrote:patch-designers, you would never categorize it as 'not that capable'
I dunno, the thing that surprises about Synth1 is the sounds that can be had *despite* its apparent drawbacks. The individual building blocks aren't that good. :shrug:

IrionDaRonin wrote:
hakey wrote:What do I win?
My respects.
Was an educated guess. ;)

WOW!

great job, truly inspirational programming.. thanks so much!

To me this is just a reminder that people need to use the tools they have.. jeez these are great!

Lovely sounds as always from one of the few sound designers that I really admire :)
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

stillshaded wrote:To me this is just a reminder that people need to use the tools they have.. jeez these are great!
Its not 64bit and is easily outclassed by the few synths i have.

crimsonwarlock wrote:Aha, so you DID pull our leg a little bit; Synth1 has always appeared to me as quite capable (and seriously underestimated by many).
hmm... don't get me wrong, i like synth1. but "capable" to me is something different. "capable" to me is a synth, that can do what i want. always. zebra is capable. synthmaster is capable. helix is capable. even if those synths are of course not comparable to synth1, these can do what you want in most every case, which is what synth1 cannot do. there's a lot of limits to synth1. nevertheless, i also do think that synth1 can do more than expected, when soley looking at the limited feature set. somehow its features link together quite good, meaning the features isolated aren't worth a penny, if they don't work good in conjunction with each other, which even often payware fails on.
based on that alone synth1 is underrated imo. even i myself often was surprised of what you can squeeze out of it. this is actually the reason i always kept going on it, until the set was ready.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

i uploaded the set now. please refer to the edited first post.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Arksun wrote:Lovely sounds as always from one of the few sound designers that I really admire :)
lemme give that back immediately. :-)
i still drop my jaws when listening to your zebra train horn... i mean really, how cool is that!? :love:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Return to “Soundware”