free BIGTONE soundset for synth1

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Atlantis ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

...either Synth1 or Free Alpha :shrug:...

I'd say Free Alpha...

Kriminal wrote:He also said its 'not very capabke' so that would rule out anything semi/modular wouldnt it?
Hey Krim 8)

'not very capable' could also mean as in regard to todays synths; no build-in FX, no layering or other tricks that the 'bigger' synths have, etc.

I think there are other reasons why PolyIblit would NOT be it, as I already pointed out a bit. However, hearing things like the stereo/panning tremolo on the rhodes-like sound rules out any 'really not very capble' synths tmo :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

loachm wrote:...either Synth1 or Free Alpha :shrug:...

I'd say Free Alpha...
... and anything with a modulation-matrix is of course in fact semi-modular :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Is it Chrlatan?

(Double post )

I hope it's synth 1 cause there's a mac version

I say its Oatmeal.

By the way, the demos sounds fantastic !

Reinhard

echopark wrote:I say its Oatmeal.
Now there's a synth that I would never classify as simple or 'not that capable' :D

But I must agree with Krim in that regard, PolyIblit is not characterized by those statements either. Somehow thinking Brok is pulling our leg somehow (at least a little bit, the demo sounds absolutely gorgeous).

HGF's "The Tiger"?

First, i have to say that the sounds are precious, specially the moving pads. I love that kind of stuff.

Secondly, i had in mind these old and free synths:
Zebralette, Triangle 2, K700u from Krakli, EVM Ultrasonique, Oatmeal, Atlantis, Synth1, Motion and Rez 3.
It could be almost any of them.

I noticed the warmth, decimator (bit reducer), fat, phaser, OSC hard sync, evolving sounds in the most part of them...
But you said there wasn't built-in reverb, so i had to delete Triangle 2.

·It could be easily Synth1. Hard sync OSC, the effects, phaser, bit reduction, polyphony, unison. Etc.
·The additive organ sound was so impressive, so i had to delete Rez 3, which can't do additive/FM synthesis.
·Zebralette doesn't have bit reducer, i think (Maybe in the FX filters but not sure) and no arpeggiator.
·EVM Ultrasonique is enough old, no reverb, the tablewave for "choirs" sounds also. But no bit reducer.
·K700u sounds very alike, but i think the built-in arpeggiator is not so complex as i can perceive in the demotrack. Also it comes with Reverb. So deleted.
But it could be any other synth from Krakli, the phaser is really alike.
·Oatmeal and Atlantis are the two more complex freebies in my opinion.
I wanted to delete them from the guessing list, but something is saying to me that the sound comes from Atlantis or Oatmeal.
Also Oatmeal comes with Reverb.

So i will stick with Atlantis. The sounds, the tablewave, the LFOs, the effects, the polyphony, the bit reduction.
But it could be Synth1 too.

Good luck and thanks for the challenge, i love them.

My first guess was Ugo Rez 3 but it seems to be Mono only.

Also thought about Oatmeal but i would not call that one 'not very capable' and it got a Reverb. Same for Atlantis. Seem to be too complex fot 'not very capable' too.

Synth1 would be a bit boring as first many people will guess it and second there are already tons of presets.

So no final guess from me yet...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

alright 1st guess was kinda too quick after thinking more I gotta say crystal just doesn't sound that good so I was thinking maybe Dune BE, or zynaddsubfx and I'm gonna go with zynaddsubfx.

brok landers wrote:
here's the rules:

- only one guess, no double guessing
- if any, i give only one hint this time
Ahem, ahem...one guess people. :hihi:

ScottZ wrote:alright 1st guess was kinda too quick after thinking more I gotta say crystal just doesn't sound that good so I was thinking maybe Dune BE, or zynaddsubfx and I'm gonna go with zynaddsubfx.
ZynAddSubFx | Crystal != 'not that capable' :hihi:

Return to “Soundware”