TimeDomain - HYDi V.1.3 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HYDi

As I've tested "Gremlin" effect quite thoroughly, I can say that it's useful, though somewhat quirky and the behavior of WarpA and WarpB parameters is still a mystery to me.
It can be used as static formant filter, but the main attraction is in formant sequencing where "Gremlin" really shines. It starts being really useful if you automate the "hold" button state. I managed HYDi to do some kind of throat-singing, Delay-Lama style :D
I'll try to record it some time next week.
And it can be useful for that dubshit wobbles with more extreme warp settings (and of course "hold" automated).

About other effects: that dynamic switch is really damn clever. Great synth indeed! :clap:

Nahkranoth wrote:As I've tested "Gremlin" effect quite thoroughly, I can say that it's useful, though somewhat quirky and the behavior of WarpA and WarpB parameters is still a mystery to me.
Cool, I'll put it back. WarpA is Tri+,Tri-,Saw+,Saw-, this drives the Sequencing. WarpB (except 1 which is bypass) just really messes with the WarpA signal - to get different timings but still stay BPM locked at start and end. Probably needs some minor tweaking. I might be able to add some crude LED lights(like the actual sequencer) so that you can get atleast a bit of visual feedback of what is going on - dang screen space is already tight...

Nahkranoth wrote: It starts being really useful if you automate the "hold" button state.
Yip, that is what it's there for :D
Nahkranoth wrote: About other effects: that dynamic switch is really damn clever. Great synth indeed! :clap:

Glad you like it!

Andrew

Ichad.c wrote: Cool, I'll put it back.
Thanks, Andrew!
If you'll ever gonna write a manual it will be one hell of a book.

Nahkranoth wrote: Thanks, Andrew!
If you'll ever gonna write a manual it will be one hell of a book.
Yeah, there will be a manual this time around - been making notes while adding features/programming, so it isn't such a big undertaking to do in one go. Won't be that huge - somewhere in the range of 20pages... including pictures :hihi:

Once you understand the basic 'quirks' - it's easy to work with.

Andrew

I'm definitely looking forward to the 1.3 version. This is a really awesome and unique synth.

mridlen wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to the 1.3 version. This is a really awesome and unique synth.
Thanks!

Nice songs on your SoundCloud btw.

Andrew

Ichad.c wrote:Nice songs on your SoundCloud btw.
Thanks! I've been producing for about 15 years now. I'd like to go pro, but it's a real hard market nowadays.

Micro-Tuning(per-note) isn't supported but does anybody want some non A=440 tunings? Its a list - so not-typeable later on. I've already added some usual suspects like 432, for the Zen crowd. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Btw - in the SEQ - per-note retrigger + stops are now supported.

Andrew

Is the next version going to have adjustable pitch bend? 12+- is too much for me.

mridlen wrote:Is the next version going to have adjustable pitch bend? 12+- is too much for me.
Dang, your timing is good - beta is dropping today. Actually forgot about that i.e. it's disabled - but I'll make it adjustable. But due to quirkyness - this will only be available in Unison Mode - ditto for portamento.

Cheers.

Andrew

*EDIT* Working on a quick workaround to - think I'll be able to have pitchbend working in all modes - quickly isolating the CC #.

*EDIT2* Pitchbend works in all modes now + Range Select + Lag.
Last edited by Ichad.c on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nahkranoth wrote:...
About other effects: that dynamic switch is really damn clever. Great synth indeed! :clap:
Agree. The dynamic switches are so damn smart. And so logical. Eg. "true" ducking (for delay or reverb): DCA as a mod source (not quite sure if it need to be inverted right now but heck, it's only one simple click to test it), set amt to taste, done.

Another thing I like is that you can use one particular mod source on most of the other mod destinations too with just a few simple clicks. No matrix. Just cycle through the available options and done. Everything at a glance.

Can't wait to get the 1st Beta because finally we all now can save and share patches.

Regards
Sebastian

Ichad.c wrote:
mridlen wrote:Is the next version going to have adjustable pitch bend? 12+- is too much for me.
Dang, your timing is good - beta is dropping today.

*EDIT2* Pitchbend works in all modes now + Range Select + Lag.
W00t!

The underdog becomes a beast of a synth :) Kudos for the handling of suggestions/requests and for relentlessly working to pack this synth with as many "sonic wepz" as possible :) Presets galore? I can't wait :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:The underdog becomes a beast of a synth :) Kudos for the handling of suggestions/requests and for relentlessly working to pack this synth with as many "sonic wepz" as possible :) Presets galore? I can't wait :)
Thanks idfpower - historically speaking, you were the first person to help me out - still like that tune! If it wasn't for people's random acts of kindness she will never have made it to where she is today.

c++ Coded, designed and polished her today - 15 and a half hours later - she's done -officially in BETA! Now it's just final debugging and loading presets!

Today is a good day :D

Andrew

Well congratz for making it this far :) It's good to see a project growing (unfortunately a lot of DC entries got dropped after the competition) and there's certainly a lot of love and work put in this synth :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Return to “Instruments”