Best free synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:
V'ger wrote:Funny you should mention Digits as I just installed it yesterday and found the plain GUI refreshing and fast although what you've done there looks good.
The Telenator wrote:This ZynAdd synth is about the most uninspiring synth there is when you are sitting there, staring at that butt-ugly and complicated GUI and attempting to compose. I don't care what its range is or how many tricks. This synth needs to be classed with the synths you couldn't pay me enough to use, such as SynthMaster.
Although I can sort of understand it, I still find it weird that GUI counts for much more than sound.. :shrug:

i dont think it accounts for more, just enhances its appeal to use it. :harp:
+1

That Digits skin looks good, layzer
[Insert Signature Here]

obstgegenrechz wrote:oatmeal :)
Another great free one! I wouldn't call it the best, but it's top 15.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
+1

thanks, i like how it turned out dispite i had no control over the font color or the osc selection buttons :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Independence Free!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chk071 wrote:
brok landers wrote: but is there a win download of the bugfixed version?
You can download it from here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277
thanks! will try it as soon as i find some time...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

layzer wrote:
V'ger wrote:Funny you should mention Digits as I just installed it yesterday and found the plain GUI refreshing and fast although what you've done there looks good.
The Telenator wrote:This ZynAdd synth is about the most uninspiring synth there is when you are sitting there, staring at that butt-ugly and complicated GUI and attempting to compose. I don't care what its range is or how many tricks. This synth needs to be classed with the synths you couldn't pay me enough to use, such as SynthMaster.
Although I can sort of understand it, I still find it weird that GUI counts for much more than sound.. :shrug:

i dont think it accounts for more, just enhances its appeal to use it. :harp:
In this case not even money would make the guy use bad GUI synths no matter what the sound and features so it obviously is the ONLY thing that counts.. :shrug:

About ZynAddSubFX, I also remember first GUI impressions was not good, but now that I know my way around I actually enjoy it. You could argue against all the windows popping up, but if you think about it, it's actually better than tabs where the previous wiew will be lost. Here you can have it all on the screen at the same time which is obviously much better.

Once you get that there are 3 synths in one, it doesn't get so daunting and opening one for editing isn't really that scary. Now I actually enjoy the GUI with all the new things to discover etc. Just the preset browser alone is one of the best around.

Did you see this zynaddsubfx skin? scroll down a hair...

http://www.amsynth.com/zynaddsubfx.html

Cheers

glokraw wrote:Did you see this zynaddsubfx skin? scroll down a hair...

http://www.amsynth.com/zynaddsubfx.html

Cheers
well, where to download that skin and where to place it then?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

layzer wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
+1

thanks, i like how it turned out dispite i had no control over the font color or the osc selection buttons :cry:
How do I get the skin for digits? It has the most boring interface, but beautiful sounds emerge. Love that vst. Your skin looks really good.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

The arps on this synth sound very good for free:

http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/FREEWARE.html

It's the PURE P-ONE MONO synth.

If I've answered this before I'll answer it again. The best free synths are Mastrcode Alpha Plus and synth1 (for my needs exactly).
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Will have to try zynaddsubfx again but I have windows 8 and last time it would notopen in sonar x1.

The main free synths I use include the following:
scanned synth CM
Synthmaster CM I have the full version of the commercial though so I never use this anymore
dune BE the CM versions available in the computer music vault
Z3ta
PRODIGIOUS and Poly2106 by synthscience very good synths Prodigious is my fave for leads among the free synths.
Poly KB II CM
Xils 3 BE
Minimogue luxus
Tube ohm antitranspirant
Alchemy CM
Firebird BE
Synth 1
Oatmeal
PG8X
SQ8L
Togu audio line mostly noisemaker elek7ro and uno 62
Uhe freebies Zebraletter which I prefer over zebra CM, Tyrell N6 and Podolski