Can just any sampler do this or is it unique to rayblaster?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingo, I can only offer you a view from the outside, and that leads back to you and how you act.

No, I no longer read all your posts, simply because they don't help me in my personal interests. I tried Rayblaster, it wasn't for me. Maybe that will change in the future, maybe not.

As for Kriminal: You make it very easy for him. You offer him so many openings and make yourself into the perfect target. I often have to laugh when reading his posts, since he nails it sometimes just perfectly.
But he only can do that because you act the way you do. I actually often have to check myself to NOT attack you. I don't want to, I don't know you, I have nothing against you, but your posts trigger me very often in a non-positive way.
Your peculiar way to communicate in a very paternalist and absolute way makes the reader feel attacked and actually bullied, even if you may not be aware of it.
And that is the problem - in my view - you are actually very rude.

Just take this sentence: "Before finding an answer to the question "which synth could do the same" first it must be explored what Rayblaster is capable of".
Why MUST this be explored? If it is of interest to you, just do it, but why the imperative?

This is about music and sound, there is no right or wrong in this, especially not on KVR.
If you are a scientist trying to find the cure to a disease, you "MUST" find out a lot before you continue. But with sound or music, "which synth could do the same" is not about live or death, it's a rather diffuse question actually with many answers.
There will be synths or samplers that can do it very well and easy and with others it's more complicated. Maybe no other synth can do it the SAME on the bitlevel.
But that is not the real question.

It would make your life much easier if you could just tome it down a bit, leave some breathing space for others and just enjoy the ride, even chuckle if Kriminal in his very precise way has offered you another insight into yourself.
He is not an enemy.
He's just pointing at something YOU do.
He can't make you look ridiculous if you don't act ridiculous.

I wish you all the best!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

*deleted*
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ive just had a look at fat boy slim's kit list for "youve come a long way baby..." which has the type of sound (not the exact sound) sought after by the op, and i dont see rayblaster in there?

vurt wrote:ive just had a look at fat boy slim's kit list for "youve come a long way baby..." which has the type of sound (not the exact sound) sought after by the op, and i dont see rayblaster in there?
That's the point. We do not talk about Fatboy Slim but about the example in the OP which seems to more complex than just shifting loop points.
As already mentioned it seems to be more like granular synthesis and i tried to explore this a bit with my last examples posted at the last page and also with some experiments in Alchemy.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

hi ingo, i totally agree with toms comments. take it more easy. provide some useful info (and i must say that i really like your sound examples and your factory patches for rayblaster) and then leave it be. i also have the impression that lately you try to dominate every thread where a tone2 synth is only even mentioned. this is makes you look bad and it shouldn't be like this because you are one of the few here who is really doing something for the community by e.g. providing waveforms or interesting sound examples. :hug:

ThomasHelzle wrote:It would make your life much easier if you could just tome it down a bit, leave some breathing space for others and just enjoy the ride ...
hi,
it seems to me that non native English speaking people are bullied on kvr :cry:
native English don't try to understand our smaller subset of the language.
The example you gave us about using MUST is a perfect example !
so i will use the quoted text above and ask the question :
what about trying to understand non native English and enjoy the ride ?

Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

carrieres wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:It would make your life much easier if you could just tome it down a bit, leave some breathing space for others and just enjoy the ride ...
hi,
shut it frenchie

:hihi:

bonjour christophe :wink:

carrieres wrote:
hi,
native English don't try to understand our smaller subset of the language.
The example you gave us about using MUST is a perfect example !
so i will use the quoted text above and ask the question :
what about trying to understand non native English and enjoy the ride ?
on a serious note, the language barrier can be a problem sometimes. Ingo is German (i think) and very matter of fact. He doest get any of the humour and takes everything personally.

Kriminal wrote:
carrieres wrote:
hi,
shut it frenchie

:hihi:

bonjour christophe :wink:
bonjour david :wink:

Ingonator wrote: Here is an example using Modwheel modulation of the Start position with the granular engine of Alchemy (the sample is "Voice2.wav" from the Rayblaster samples folder):

Alchemy - LetsPartyTonight - MW 1

Here is the same using modulation with a Random LFO:

Alchemy - LetsPartyTonight - Random LFO Mod 1

This is the same as the first one with the Sampler mode of Alchemy:

Alchemy - LetsPartyTonight - Sampler - MW 1

This seems to sound too "clean" and simple compared to the other examples above and the one in the OP.

Ingo
Ah okay now I see what's different with RayBlaster. This is definitely the same effect but it doesn't sound nearly as vivid.

As for Fatboy slim, you can hear what I had in mind here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBAEYXgviA
@2:55

And I understand that because RB is re-synthesizing the sample it would be different if I tried this one a sampler. I can't think how right now, but I am so lazy I really should just try this on Battery or something.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:[
Ah okay now I see what's different with RayBlaster. This is definitely the same effect but it doesn't sound nearly as vivid.
Exactly my point. Nice to see you agree with that. :)

UPDATE:
Just an idea: Did anyone try this kind of stuff with Padshop Pro yet?
I'll try to get the trial version now. Hope the trial allows sample loading.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:That's the point. We do not talk about Fatboy Slim

Ingo
aiynzahev did.

ThomasHelzle wrote: leave some breathing space for others and just enjoy the ride, even chuckle if Kriminal in his very precise way has offered you another insight into yourself.
He is not an enemy.
He's just pointing at something YOU do.
He can't make you look ridiculous if you don't act ridiculous.
I don't fully agree. Sometimes it's funny yes indeed, but also sometimes they are crossing the trolling borderline too obviously and very sporadically they are just downright low (like the health insurance stab at lahalla. R.I.P. Reason). :|

But I'm not a native english speaker either, so :shrug:
Last edited by Nielzie on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

good lord..

came here to say Harmor can do this.. was not aware I would be taking sides in WWIII. :shock:

Return to “Instruments”