2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AstralExistence wrote:you know it seems without trying to sound like a jerk that imageline got a lot of us good with there end of the world sale. theres alot of complaints here about impulse buys from imageline. it sucks, but we cant even sell them. disappointed i am.
Agreed, of the three IL plugs I bought only Harmor seems like it'll be of lasting interest to me, and even then I'm not sure.

jacqueslacouth wrote:DIVA and Omnisphere, never again will I listen to the hype.
What kind problem you have with Omnisphere ?

ps.Diva sounds nice but i think difference beetwwen it and some other good synths is clearly less than what cpu usage says. and saddly i dont heared all possible things demoed with Omnisphere i cannot comment it but something what i heared i like but something i dont like it. Saddly speaks which shop used where little tested it itself sound boring or its omnisphere. but omnisphere in with my speakers youtube videos etc sounds clearly better than in this shop.

V'ger wrote:
murnau wrote:ever heard that IL provide a great functional demo of FL? so why you bought it?
Nothing great about it. Just a regular demo. Great would be 60 days fully functional like Reaper. Bought it as it was half price with only a few days left of the sale and was thinking to use it for collaboration. Gave it a fair good shot because of it, but had to park it. Now I can't even sell it because Image-Line (as I believe the only DAW maker?) doesn't allow me to do so.. :dog: (another reason to regret it)
well, you said FL Studio is too cumbersome to use - so i say that you didn't tried out the demo well. FL demo is the same like full version (only save is disabled, thats why it's great). i say again it's your own fault and unfair to say it's cumbersome while the dev provide a great demo that you can check prior buying exactly for this reason.

that makes sense: "i regret not to took the time i needed prior buying". :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

And I say again, nothing great about the demo, it's just a regular demo. Great would be if it was fully functional, and it is not. Why insist on a regular demo being great when it is clearly lacking compared to other DAW demos?

As for me finding it cumbersome, that's my view and nothing unfair about saying so. Especially as it IS cumbersome.

Fyi I did try the demo, but only for 2 days as I just heard about the sale which was expiring. And for a few loops and tracks, FL Studio is Ok. The trouble comes when a project goes beyond that which only became apparent after some use.

Your saying people can't have regrets because there are demos is frankly bizarre. No one really believes you have never regretted a purchase before. It will be interesting to hear the responses from all the others in this thread who've had regrets that you think they are all laughable as they should just have tried the demo first.. The fact that you didn't attack them, but singled out only the FL Studio user tells the real story here anyway.. :clown:

Reason, Superior Drummer, BFD Eco, Pod HD, that burrito from that one little Mexican joint.

sellyoursoul wrote:Reason, Superior Drummer, BFD Eco, Pod HD, that burrito from that one little Mexican joint.
You could sell the burrito 'used'. Check for 'transfer policies' before and after using. :D

keyman_sam wrote:
sellyoursoul wrote:Reason, Superior Drummer, BFD Eco, Pod HD, that burrito from that one little Mexican joint.
You could sell the burrito 'used'. Check for 'transfer policies' before and after using. :D
You want it? Half price! Plus, I'll throw in some corn.

Return to “Instruments”