2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dblock wrote:Has to be the Lush 101. Not that it's a bad synth but the cpu is so heavy I can't even use it with my current setup.
Try making your own sounds. Why?

1) It's a lot of fun making your own sounds!
2) You can keep the cpu load from becoming to high

I have a project that contains 12 instances of LuSH and I can happily play it in realtime on my Core i5 3470.[/quote]
I don't have an i5. I have a quad core so what works for you is great. Just not for me.
As far as making my own sounds for fun, I write cues for placement and I need to write alot of them so having fun making sounds is not really my interest. I just compose with the thousands of sounds I already have. Nothing against anybody who designs their own sounds, just one size doesn't fit all. Depends on what you're goals and interest are.
I'll use Lush eventually when I upgrade my computer. Just didn't realize it would be such a drain on the setup I have now. I'm not sorry I bought Lush so much as I'm sorry I bought it when I did.

RC tube.
Well to be honest i'm still laughing about this plug in so it's worth the money... :hihi:

What didn't you like about RC tube? I remember reading about it but then it went silent
:hug:

Well... you can achieve the same effect by simply having an empty slot, and it's waaaaaay cheaper, so nothing, except the price :hihi: !

NI Soul Treasures

I haven't used it in a single track.... :roll:

Ben H wrote:Translator Pro.

I was hoping that since it had now reached "version 6" that it wouldn't be such a buggy piece of crap, like the old version was.

Bad news. It's still a buggy piece of crap, but it looks prettier.

I submitted a few bug reports of reproducable errors and heard back the first couple of times, then nothing. No response, no acknowledgements, no requests for more info, nothing.

I have a pile more bugs I've uncovered, but I'm not feeling motivated to bother sending them if they aren't even going to be read or worked on.

Oh well, I got it at half price. I guess I should be grateful.
Ditto, complete waste of money and especially time... ESC is far superior,it doesn't support as many formats unfortunately but at least it does what it claims and doesn't crash every 2 minutes. Yep, I still have anger issues over this one, I've even uninstalled it to stop myself from giving it one more try... :x

I forgot to mention Synth Squad. Very hyped synths which I thought sounded just average and the included presets are uninspiring. They're also very buggy on my system and have caused annoying blasts of loud noise in Cubase which instantly put them on my blacklist. No doubt I'll be selling them on.

lotus2035 wrote:I forgot to mention Synth Squad. Very hyped synths which I thought sounded just average and the included presets are uninspiring. They're also very buggy on my system and have caused annoying blasts of loud noise in Cubase which instantly put them on my blacklist. No doubt I'll be selling them on.
I also felt that I had made a mistake buying SS, but got a very good price on that during the sale. So can't complain about that.

Have lag/glitch problems in FL Studio, but the plugins behave much better in Sonar, so I use that DAW for them.

I feel SS is a "grower", especially Fusor I see myself coming back to, so in the words of Midge Ure, I got no regrets :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZME5Q11wig

TC Major1. I never use it. Oh well I will sell it next time I buy another guitar or something else. :roll:

I bought SynthSquad during the sale and don't regret it, but I can see where someone more reliant on presets would be somewhat disappointed. FXpansion took some flack also for their Tremor presets. I think there's a tendency towards the "big and dirty". But under the hood I think it's all quality stuff.

I wish they'd update SS with their new, "clean" UI look - especially for Cypher; it would go a long way towards making it easier to see what's going on.

I regret selling my Korg Electribe ER-1 Mkii.

Like Midge Ure a lot but can't listen to his version of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUH33qF1x0

Arturia Software...

Not because of their dongle per-say, but because of them blaming the dongle software people for them not being able to reset Arturia user authorizations even AFTER you proved to them you were a registered user....

Only a few in the list :

Ableton Live - so used to Cubase cant get my head around it and spend the time to use it. C7 is so fluid for me.
Eventide Omnipressor
Lexicon LXP
QuNeo
Novation ZeRO SLMkII

I can honestly say none, except for NF PulseTec, which I bought on a nobrainer deal, so I'm not that concerned about that. But I did take it out of my plugin folder. Why? Well, I can get the desired results quicker with other EQ's - it just doesn't do that much for me.

MeldaProduction's MNotepad. I swear I can't hear any difference at all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “Instruments”