Insane upgrade price to Superior from EZ right now, so question, can Superior...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Um, you lost me at left/right. :hihi:

i have a LOT to learn about acoustic drums.. but i am always learning happily.. spent months learning string programming for example.. drums are next...

Thanks guys for the absolutely superb answers that gave me everything i needed to know and them some. knew i could count on you

:)

:hug:

TheoM wrote:you lost me at left/right. :hihi:
I guess if you're a Def Leppard fan, details like the whole left/right thing shouldn't concern you. :hihi:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

TheoM:

Don't know if it's too late to play here, but...

Let me put it this way: After I crossgraded from EZD to SD, I asked myself why in the name of all that's regarded as holy I didnt get SD to begin with (and I promptly remembered it was a money thing :roll:). EZD and the EZXs aren't bad, but once you've used SD, you'll cringe when you hear EZD. It's night and day difference.

My experience with EZXs in SD is that the libraries (audio and MIDI files) load and play just fine, but the factory presets for the EZXs are nowhere to be found in the SD menus. Maybe I'm missing something (always a possibility :hihi:), but it's hardly a showstopper. (I like presets as starting points, but begin tweaking them almost immediately.)

FWIW, I've also owned Addictive Drums. Qualitatively, I found it to be somewhere between EZD and SD.
Windows 7 Home Premium * Intel Core i5-3330 * 3.00 GHz * 8 GB RAM * Acoustica Mixcraft 7 * Native Instruments Komplete 10 * Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.3* Assorted Freeware

I use EZX's in SD2, the major benefit (for me) is that I play electric drums, SD2 has "learn", EZ doesn't, EZ doesn't seem to be mapped to lecky drums, so I just manually click "learn" then hit the drum, it's all set up in seconds... real easy.

But Superior is well... vastly Superior, EZDrummer's like a limited, down-sampled SD2 demo.

TheoM wrote:Um, you lost me at left/right. :hihi:

i have a LOT to learn about acoustic drums.. but i am always learning happily.. spent months learning string programming for example.. drums are next...

Thanks guys for the absolutely superb answers that gave me everything i needed to know and them some. knew i could count on you

:)

:hug:
He means SD2 libraries have snares sampled with hits from a right and a left hand, so you can alternate and achieve super realistic drum rolls and such.

Oh, and one more thing, to the Op, you sound like you are kind of similar to me, I too sometimes make rock and sometimes make dance... and sometimes make both at the same time! this EP uses SD2 libraries for the drums, metal foundry and Allaire:

http://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/album/v-r

... and this one I used number one hits exclusively:

http://anelectricheart.bandcamp.com/album/part-4-of-4

... It's nice to have one sampler that pulls of rock and dance nicely.

Superior is Superior, all of the expansions are nice in their own way, as others mentioned C&V is great as is Metal Foundry.
An expansion that's amazing that some people might overlook but works well in the rock context is Music City,it's stunning!
Another that's not in production anymore so it's difficult to find but probably my favorite is Evil Drums,you might be able to find a store with it still in stock,if so grab it!!! It's my weapon of choice ;-)
The EZ line is nice as a start but once you get into SD2 there's no way you'd want to go back & yes all of the EZ line can be used in SD2.
This deal is a great deal,go for it!! ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

kgdrum wrote:Superior is Superior, all of the expansions are nice in their own way, as others mentioned C&V is great as is Metal Foundry.
An expansion that's amazing that some people might overlook but works well in the rock context is Music City,it's stunning!
Another that's not in production anymore so it's difficult to find but probably my favorite is Evil Drums,you might be able to find a store with it still in stock,if so grab it!!! It's my weapon of choice ;-)
The EZ line is nice as a start but once you get into SD2 there's no way you'd want to go back & yes all of the EZ line can be used in SD2.
This deal is a great deal,go for it!! ;-)
I wanted evil drums for SD2 more than anything in the world!!!... well maybe not that much :hihi:

But, same old story, I had it in my cart, went to check out and the shipping to New Zealand was about $100 U.S :shock: ... yip, for some disks ... funny, because for me to send something of about the same size to the States is about $7 U.S :?

Sorry to hear that,I hate when shipping charges get out of hand but honestly IMO Evil is worth the $100 up-charge.
It's a shame Platinum discontinued it and essentially ceased development for their products to work in the Superior line.
I was told that they hardly sold any legitimately,Platinum says it was cracked so much they had no market to sell the product,which I have a hard time understanding or believing.
I don't use cracks so I don't understand what could make SD2 easier to using pirated expansions than BFD,I might be offbase about this but I suspect it was more likely pressure from FXpansion to keep the Platinum product line exclusively with BFD.
But honestly if I had the chance now to get Evil even if I had to pay a $100 up-charge,I wouldn't hesitate.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Everyone i really appreciate this.. fwiw i'll be jumping on the upgrade, i'll buy the one kit and upgrade option.. I am sure my drums are covered now for good. If superior at any point does my head in i can always still call up EZ if i want something processed and quick, they live side by side ok, so i feel i'll have the best of both worlds.

TheoM wrote: I am sure my drums are covered now for good...
:hihi: Sure they are.

That is, until the next sale of must have gear goes up.

This is KVR. GAS is a way of life. :D

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

This is KVR. GAS is a way of life.
Amen Brother! :shrug:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Can someone tell me where I can find this "insane upgrade price"?

I want to upgrade to Superior but can't find any special price, only the normal €189 upgrade :(

EDIT: http://audiodeluxe.com/products/toontra ... -ezdrummer $99 It's this one you're talking about?
Last edited by J.Hartmann on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

All expansions work for me in SD.
You can get them dirt cheap from Audiodeluxe.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

And if you happen to have the disk box from toontrack, you can ask them to only send you serial numbers. This way you can save the shipment costs.

I highly recommend both Roots Sticks and Roots Brushes SDXs...

Return to “Instruments”