Two new synths from AIR MusicTech: Vacuum & Loom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Vacuum Pro

I didn't know AIR MusicTech before even though they have four more synths.

Vacuum:

https://soundcloud.com/airmusictech/sets/vacuum/

Loom:
(couldn't find sound examples for Loom)

More info: http://www.inmusicbrands.com/wnamm2013/air
Last edited by Timfonie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:I didn't know AIR Music before even though they have four more synths.
They got bought, as Wizoo, by Digidesign some years back so did stuff only for ProTools. They got spun out last year. Vacuum has been available on PT for quite a while. This launch adds support for other DAWs. And is polyphonic rather than monophonic.

Aha, thanks for clarifying things. I wasn't aware of the ProTools connection.
They present both synths as completely new.

Vacuum Pro is a polyphonic analog tube synthesizer that travels light-years beyond the original monophonic Vacuum, first developed by the AIR team as part of the Pro Tools Creative Collection from Avid
So this is a bit like Steinberg Absolute VST collection, that synths previously available only in DAWs now can be bought as a separate product it seems.

Timfonie wrote:Aha, thanks for clarifying things. I wasn't aware of the ProTools connection.
They present both synths as completely new.
Well, it's now Vacuum Pro. Loom is completely new. Looks as though it behaves a bit like RP Blade, but hard to tell without using it.

Vacuum was free with PT8, so I guess this gives an opportunity to charge for the new version.

I just found the relevant news item here on KVR. I missed it completely and didn't find anything about these synths in the forums.

Timfonie wrote:I just found the relevant news item here on KVR. I missed it completely and didn't find anything about these synths in the forums.
I didn't see a thread about it before now. I did wonder as Vacuum was one of those synths that some people wanted outside PT. The other one I wouldn't mind seeing make the jump is Transfuser, but that's in the expansion pack so Avid may have a lock on that.

Timfonie wrote:I just found the relevant news item here on KVR. I missed it completely and didn't find anything about these synths in the forums.
No prob, good to have a thread discussing new synths to be released.

The only A.I.R VI that did it for me was XPand which is similar to Nexus. The rest were decidedly "Meh" once you stepped outside of RTAS-land - didn't BigTone do the original presets for Vacuum, maybe someone can dig up his comments on it...
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Loom looks interesting, didn't they do a Hypersonic based instrument or was that ProTools only?

I remember digging Vacuum while at a friends house and thinking, "Why no native VST?" Well here it is... but uh... where is it? I see press releases and a Soundcloud page, but no company page.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

More digging and I found it... no mention of Vacuum or Loomer yet though, at least on the products page.

http://www.airmusictech.com/
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Is Vacuum and Waves Elements the same type of synth?

BTW: this isn't Team AIR going legit is it? :hihi:

re_mute wrote:The only A.I.R VI that did it for me was XPand which is similar to Nexus. The rest were decidedly "Meh" once you stepped outside of RTAS-land - didn't BigTone do the original presets for Vacuum, maybe someone can dig up his comments on it...
yes. for vacuum, xpand, hybrid and transfuser... not for these new versions though...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

aMUSEd wrote:Loom looks interesting, didn't they do a Hypersonic based instrument or was that ProTools only?
Yes Xpand 1 now 2, still one of my fav romplers, sucks it PT only though, wish they would release it as a Vsti :love:

Return to “Instruments”