Two new synths from AIR MusicTech: Vacuum & Loom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Vacuum Pro

Geese wrote:I have always been interested in that Hybrid synth. Does anybody else have some opinions they could share of it?

I see that Brok says he did the presets for it. What is your overall thoughts of that synth, Brok? How do you like it compared to say, Zebra, since you have done some great patch banks for that?
Well, I like Vacuum a lot ... next to Diva, ACE one my favorite organic sounding VAs. But that is maybe my taste ... oh, btw - I did not like most of the presets that come with it ... so, if you judge it from them .... So I am looking forward to Vacuum Pro.

Hybrid - hmmmm, just got that used and was pretty disappointed. too tame for my taste - not bad sounding, nice options, filters are not bad - for an iPad synth it would be nice ... but for a computer VI? I mean there are some VIs like this I would say - MOTU MX4, Hybrid, NI Massive - think it is within this category. (3 OSCs, better modulation routing, different filters, fx, half-way flexible routing). I mean from AIR dev team I would have expected more when it comes to synths .... might be good for bread and butter synth sounds ...
Zebra is definitely more in about every aspect ....

Just my opinion.

best

Geese wrote:I have always been interested in that Hybrid synth. Does anybody else have some opinions they could share of it?

I see that Brok says he did the presets for it. What is your overall thoughts of that synth, Brok? How do you like it compared to say, Zebra, since you have done some great patch banks for that?
Better off with Zebra. Or Massive. Hell, any of the modern VAs, it's just nothing special IMO.
Plus A.I.R. support is plain bad, especially in comparison to U-He etc.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Cheers!

tbh, i wasn't too fond of it. it's a nice synth, but somehow... i don't know, it just didn't really click with me... don't get me wrong, it's quite capable and if you know what you want and how to do it it delivers, but something always distracted me though i can't point my finger onto what it is... might be a personal thing though...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

So is there any additional information on either of these, especially Loom? i saw Richard Devine tweeted a picture of it and that's about all the coverage I've seen, surely someone must have gotten a bit about these on video or something?

Vacuum is a cool synth, and it sounds great. I'll definitely check this out when they release the VST. Vacuum is probably the only instrument from Pro Tools I miss a tiny bit when I'm in Cubase.

brok landers wrote:tbh, i wasn't too fond of it. it's a nice synth, but somehow... i don't know, it just didn't really click with me... don't get me wrong, it's quite capable and if you know what you want and how to do it it delivers, but something always distracted me though i can't point my finger onto what it is... might be a personal thing though...
Thanks for your opinion, Brok. Great to finally see some people talk about the synth, as it has always seemed elusive (probably because it's Pro Tools only).

Loom looks interesting. It reminds me a lot of Razor. Technically it seems they are pretty similar. I wonder how the two compare. Did any sound files show up yet?

monas wrote:Loom looks interesting. It reminds me a lot of Razor. Technically it seems they are pretty similar. I wonder how the two compare. Did any sound files show up yet?
Exactly, you read my mind. Could be a serious contender to the mighty Razor.

contrast wrote:So is there any additional information on either of these, especially Loom?
Nothing added to their store yet...?

http://www.airmusictech.com/store

Still no updates?

These are out now and available from the store on AIR's site. $200 a pop and I didn't see a downloadable demo on the site. I'm sure that will get them off on the right foot with the kvr crowd. :hihi:

contrast wrote: $200 a pop and I didn't see a downloadable demo on the site.
Ouch :(

contrast wrote:These are out now and available from the store on AIR's site. $200 a pop and I didn't see a downloadable demo on the site. I'm sure that will get them off on the right foot with the kvr crowd. :hihi:
LOL. No demo is plain stupid at this price. Perfect way to not get sales.

For my additive synthesis mixtures, I'll stick to my good trusty Razor...
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vacuum seems interesting. Valves and stuff. I wonder how that affects the oscillators' behaviour? Or if they're just doing VA as usual but with slightly different waveshapes (omg, analog saw has a curve in it! so analog!).

Without a demo, 200 of the Greatest Nation on Earth's currency is too much of a gamble.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”