New mini Spark

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Toby@Arturia wrote:
D'oh! software mimics the new hardware ( congrats breakmixer i didn't notice this in the first run through!!! ) - at least i read the software is the same ( i'm pretty sure about same code different gui tbh - maybe Kevin can clear this?! )...
Hi there,

The Spark creative and the SparkLE controllers use the same software (version 1.6). Within the software you have the capacity to switch GUIs, one mimics the Spark controller and the other mimics the SparkLE controller. Hope that helps. all the best.
Clever feature...I'm liking the look of this smaller one, but that's just a GAS thing! :wink:

masterhiggins wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
Gonga wrote:6/8 and odd meter sequences have always been my #1 request. I love Spark.
Maybe I missed something but I think you can already do that in the sequencer view.
You can. Just modify the number of steps in the step edit screen. :)
My bad, thanks for that. Makes my day! :hihi:
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

I allready decided to buy spark as from 1.5 I have really liking the demo. Now I am just struckling if I should buy Spark le or its big brother. It seems like in le the sequencer is more better placed but would I miss the functions from bigger version.

I think I will go for bigger version as too many times I have bought "cut down" version and ended up swapping it to full version. Also, I am little worried that there will be soon new version from bigger version with different layout? Ofcourse it would be released as soon as I buy the old version. :P

So, anyone who has been tested both version? Which one whoud you recommend?

Mac Hine wrote:I allready decided to buy spark as from 1.5 I have really liking the demo. Now I am just struckling if I should buy Spark le or its big brother. It seems like in le the sequencer is more better placed but would I miss the functions from bigger version.

I think I will go for bigger version as too many times I have bought "cut down" version and ended up swapping it to full version. Also, I am little worried that there will be soon new version from bigger version with different layout? Ofcourse it would be released as soon as I buy the old version. :P

they are not releasing a new large spark in the short term, already asked, i had same thoughts - i went for large for the 3 knobs per drum hit...

Mac Hine wrote:I allready decided to buy spark as from 1.5 I have really liking the demo. Now I am just struckling if I should buy Spark le or its big brother. It seems like in le the sequencer is more better placed but would I miss the functions from bigger version.

Hi there,
I am a developer at Arturia, currently working on Spark.
Spark and SparkLE share the same software, only the controllers differ. A case can be made for either controller as they are quite different but both have there own characteristics. Saprk LE is much more compact than Spark, without being (IMO) too small. It is very usable and extremely portable. Spark is much bigger and more robust. As a result it is less easy to carry around but remains portable nonetheless. Personally I prefer Spark to SparkLE because of the individual knobs for each channel; for real-time use this is great. All the editing possibilities that you have with Spark are available with SparkLE however you loose in immediacy. For me this is the main difference.

I suppose the choice depends on how you are going to use the unit. I love using SparkLE, whenever I'm testing new software versions I usually have a Spark and SparkLE on my desk and more often than not I will choose to test on SparkLE. Having said that I still prefer the big controller when I am using it in a more musical context.

I hope that helps,

All the best,

Toby

Thanks Breakmixer and Toby! Portability vs extra knobs. I think I go for extra knobs as past has thought me :D It is propably easier to swap from big to small later than otherway around.

and now to thomann for some shopping... :)

Return to “Instruments”