Diversion for MacOS released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Version 1.27 still has audio dropouts, I just switched the waveshape of a LFO and sound was gone, as usual selecting a different preset brought sound back.

Noticed it in Live 9 with the (Mac) VST version as well. Don't know what has to be done to replicate the muting though.

This was still in v1.26 - will download the latest in a minute.

Will check that soon...

Sampleconstruct wrote: I'm getting some massive and dangerous noise bursts when selecting one of the Combfilters either in the Oscillator itself or in the Bus, a few more of these and my ADAMs will be gone, although the subwoofer loves these explosions :)
I think this happened to me too today (v1.27). Logic was playing a pattern with the Sync Flyer lead sound. I had already changed some minor bus settings, and when I tried changing bus mode from poly to mono, Diversion went absolutely crazy and produced probably the most horrible distorted noise I have ever heard. Even my dog came to see what's wrong, and I was wearing headphones. :)

I tried to do the same thing several times (with volume at zero...), but couldn't make that noise appear again.

It is hard to reproduce this bug. However I think I know where it comes from and hope to fix it. Thanks a lot for details.

i just put together this preset:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9qqel2jiw6v8i6/darkroom.p

everytime i map a screen control or midi parameter to the XY master morph and try to move it mainstage crashes. when i move the morph directly in diversion everything is fine. i haven't tried midi control in logic yet, but i guess it would also crash. other presets work fine with morphing.

here's the crashlog:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/db8n3zc2zj2oe ... -15-.crash

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check it.

Hey Sampleconstruct, your examples are always top quality!

I was wondering, when you create them, did you already have the sounds in your head or you have just vague ideas and experiment? Also, do you create the sounds 1st and music later or the other way? And how much time it takes you to create something like that last example?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Hey Sampleconstruct, your examples are always top quality!

I was wondering, when you create them, did you already have the sounds in your head or you have just vague ideas and experiment? Also, do you create the sounds 1st and music later or the other way? And how much time it takes you to create something like that last example?
Thank's!

I always start a patch with a concept, a plan, a certain sound in my mind, something I mostly imagine during the time I'm not in the studio, sometimes I make notes so I don't forget about it.
Making a Diversion patch can take anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on it's complexity. Often I start composing music with a patch (or several patches) while programming so that I can check how it/they will behave in a musical context (and because it's half of the fun/work), also concerning modulation options, velocity sensitivity, aftertouch and so on.

Making a patch for e.g. Alchemy can take much longer as one has to assign all the Performance Controllers reasonably and program 8 Snapshots per patch and make samples/multisamples for the patch first, like sampling real instruments or objects or whatever else.

The example above was improvised with two Diversion instances in 2 passes so it didn't take long. Some demos take longer of course if more patches are involved,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I wish I could be this good, or even 50% this good! :)

Do you use a lot of host automation in your examples or this is all from the patch design?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Thank you for taking the time to answer. I wish I could be this good, or even 50% this good! :)

Do you use a lot of host automation in your examples or this is all from the patch design?
Just keep on practising - I only use the assigned modulations within Diversion ->x/y Morphpad (which isn't yet automizable in Logic so I use Midi Controllers and play them live), Modwheel and Aftertouch, sometimes in a demo I will add some volume automation or use a volume pedal.

Wonderfully beautiful Soundscapes Sampleconstructor :love:

flyinger wrote:Wonderfully beautiful Soundscapes Sampleconstructor :love:
Thank you, flyinger :)

Return to “Instruments”