Diversion for MacOS released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Third crash - hmmmm...

Just give Dmitry some time to fix it - it's worth the wait ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Just give Dmitry some time to fix it - it's worth the wait ;-)
Oh, absolutely, I was just reporting, not ranting :)

sampleconstruct: dmitry mentioned that those parameters will be moddable in 2.0 ... i might remember it wrong, but that's how i remember it. Will be cool :D He also mentioned something about FM... Can't wait!
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:sampleconstruct: dmitry mentioned that those parameters will be moddable in 2.0 ... i might remember it wrong, but that's how i remember it. Will be cool :D He also mentioned something about FM... Can't wait!
Ahh, thank's - good to know.

ok this is a bit unstable in logic for now but i can see why all the rave the past year. The presets are superb, the interface is gorgeous..

but cpu is very high..

i do not like the bass, it's not very punchy, but for pads and atmospheres this thing is amazing.

It reminds me a lot of gladiator, that said, i have the gladiator complete package so i think i'll skip this, as gladiator also uses much less cpu.

i haven't even been able to play a single bass sound at 8x OS for what it's worth, but 4 works ok.

then again what is wrong with just 2, 2x OS at 44.1 should already eliminate any aliasing shouldn't it? Don't have my good speakers right now on my laptop in bed to test

I found that it depends on the material. For bass sounds, nine out of ten times 2x OS is enough. But I had a patch with the FM depth modulated, and it was night and day.
I noticed some strange behavior in Logic when switching oversampling, sometimes it just goes silent. I feel there might be the root of the crashes.

Thanks guys a lot for crash reports, that will be fixed asap. I'll release the update during the next week. It seems I missed something serious in Logic.
Sampleconstruct wrote: Is there a way to modulate the parameters in the Wavetable section like Comb/Vowel/Drive/Multiply/Bit?
Yes Bjorn said correctly, for now those parameters can't be modulated, but I'll add more effects for WaveEditor and modulations further. Thanks for your feedback!

Yes Theo, 2X oversampling is enough for almost all cases. Higher oversampling is useful when you are using intensively FM and shapers. For me, something around 5-10% cases need 4X and higher oversampling. For the rest 4X and more doesn't make any quality results.
Last edited by sches on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BDeep wrote:I found that it depends on the material. For bass sounds, nine out of ten times 2x OS is enough. But I had a patch with the FM depth modulated, and it was night and day.
I noticed some strange behavior in Logic when switching oversampling, sometimes it just goes silent. I feel there might be the root of the crashes.

ahh ok i thought it was overloading the cpu, that's why i said 8xos unplayable, but cpu looked ok that's why was confused, now it makes sense, it's a bug

Wow. Like Theo I now understand what people have been raving about. It's very like Zebra in many ways. Love the wave editor. Gorgeous interface. Sounds great. Lifetime upgrades. Tempted ....

Great news for Mac users!

The VSTi seems more stable than the au from my own testing. It's the au that has been giving me problems with graphics glitches and missing automation params but the VSTi so far has been more stable, apart from mysteriously losing its presets from the browser on one occasion.

Strike that, just got a blank gui with the VSTi now too (in Energy XY this time)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK this has happened twice now in 2 different hosts with the VSTi - one minute I'm moving through the presets, then suddenly they have vanished from the browser.

Also it's not retaining learned midi between sessions.

Just bought it, this synth is just too sophisticated and good sounding not to use it and program sounds for it. I'm sure the Mac-Bugs will be fixed soon, so some support for Dimitry seems reasonable :)
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes I might do the same thing - the VAT was putting me off a bit

Return to “Instruments”