RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Wicked!!!
:hug:

Something more dark with 2 new Diversion patches:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... -diversion

Hi Simon,

great to see you hooked up on this synth.
Did listen to your sound cloud demos - and well,
(without much poetry from my side ;-) ) - some versatile great sounds all along,
which I think do really justice to this great synth !
(BTW , your lead playing on some of the demos is trully impressive.)

Cheers (also to Dmitry, keep up the good work) !

losan wrote:Hi Simon,

great to see you hooked up on this synth.
Did listen to your sound cloud demos - and well,
(without much poetry from my side ;-) ) - some versatile great sounds all along,
which I think do really justice to this great synth !
(BTW , your lead playing on some of the demos is trully impressive.)

Cheers (also to Dmitry, keep up the good work) !
Cheers, Frank - yeah, lead playing with Diversion patches is fun and through the work on this Bank I got into it again, as in my other every day work I don't get to it as much as I would like to.

aMUSEd wrote:I'm getting some inconsistencies in automating the main morph in various hosts. In Tracktion 4 it is not recording XY movements at all (automation recording is fixed in T4 and I checked it was working with other plugins), in Studio One v 2 it is recording the X movements but not always the Y resulting in jerky playback. In Logic it is recording nothing as well.

In all these other params like cutoff or the XYs in the oscs are being recorded, just not the main XY.
Been away a week (in sunny Oslo) - is there a fix for this yet?

Also if you recall I noted that the XY assignments are inverted compared to all my other plugins with XY's. Normally I use my midi joystick to send cc 16 to X and 17 to Y - that works fine with most other plugins (many such as Sculpture and the Kore Wavestation use this by default) but for Diversion I'm having to send 17 to X and 16 to Y, otherwise it is upside down.

aMUSEd wrote: Also if you recall I noted that the XY assignments are inverted compared to all my other plugins with XY's. Normally I use my midi joystick to send cc 16 to X and 17 to Y - that works fine with most other plugins (many such as Sculpture and the Kore Wavestation use this by default) but for Diversion I'm having to send 17 to X and 16 to Y, otherwise it is upside down.
To address this, he'll surely have to be careful he doesn't break presets/projects of long-term users

ChiTown24 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: Also if you recall I noted that the XY assignments are inverted compared to all my other plugins with XY's. Normally I use my midi joystick to send cc 16 to X and 17 to Y - that works fine with most other plugins (many such as Sculpture and the Kore Wavestation use this by default) but for Diversion I'm having to send 17 to X and 16 to Y, otherwise it is upside down.
To address this, he'll surely have to be careful he doesn't break presets/projects of long-term users
Do presets save cc's? I can see how it might affect projects - all that's needed is an invert XY option (or revert) though

Hey guys, just have uploaded the next update 1.27 - restored automation for Master Morph, fixed silent output when swithing presets, fixed rare crash in Logic and few other minor fixes. Here are the links:

Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_127_MacOS.zip

Win: http://dmitrysches.com/files/DiversionSetup_127.exe

Hey aMUSEd, I fixed master morph in this update, but not XY assignments. Diversion doesn't respond to CCs by default (only master morph X assigned to ModWheel in default midi CC map). Maybe you did inverted midi learn for X and Y and then saved a midi map? The plugin does not save midi maps in presets, but in host's projects. You can just make a new midi learn for master morph. Or I missed something here? :oops:

Great sounds Simon, thanks for a fun I have.

aMUSEd wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote:
Do presets save cc's? I can see how it might affect projects - all that's needed is an invert XY option (or revert) though
Oh it's OK anyway - it's working fine now. I think it had a problem earlier saving my cc assignments and that's where it got mixed up but the menu for that doesn't crash anymore so I resaved the map.

What would be very useful though would be able to switch between cc preset maps instantly with a button press. eg I have created separate mappings for my joystick so I can switch between using it for the Main XY or one of the osc XY's but having to switch using the menu is slow - a button or keypress would be instant.

aMUSEd wrote:What would be very useful though would be able to switch between cc preset maps instantly with a button press. eg I have created separate mappings for my joystick so I can switch between using it for the Main XY or one of the osc XY's but having to switch using the menu is slow - a button or keypress would be instant.
Sounds nice, I think a button or hotkey can be added for this, I'll make something. Thanks!

sches wrote:Hey guys, just have uploaded the next update 1.27 - restored automation for Master Morph, fixed silent output when swithing presets, fixed rare crash in Logic and few other minor fixes. Here are the links:

Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_127_MacOS.zip

Win: http://dmitrysches.com/files/DiversionSetup_127.exe

Hey aMUSEd, I fixed master morph in this update, but not XY assignments. Diversion doesn't respond to CCs by default (only master morph X assigned to ModWheel in default midi CC map). Maybe you did inverted midi learn for X and Y and then saved a midi map? The plugin does not save midi maps in presets, but in host's projects. You can just make a new midi learn for master morph. Or I missed something here? :oops:

Great sounds Simon, thanks for a fun I have.
amazing, really. when do u sleep? (or do you even sleep at all??) GREAT PLUGIN.

Going to do that right now :)

sches wrote:Going to do that right now :)
isn't that kind of selfish? shouldn't you be tweaking and troubleshooting? :D
anyway, am gonna take a couple of hours with diversion tomorrow, looking forward to it...

Return to “Instruments”