Diversion

We're not worthy!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :D

Diversion patches again, from our Divinity soundset

This one is merely about Keys, Pads etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKV1P13LxL8

More Detailson Divinity there

And yes there's an intro price for the soundbank :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Hi,

yesterday i purchased both Diversion and the Divinity soundset from Lotuzia.

Currently i am both testing that soundset and also do a little programming myself.

I really enjoy the synth so far and currently i especially like the Acid LP filter and the Unison. Both are sounding great. I could not get a comparable result with any of the other filter models in Diversion.

The wavetable editor is great too. I'll try top import some waveform i had created for Rayblaster and maybe edit them a bit.

Only problem is i have to take a bit care about CPU use as i got a 5 years old Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU. Anyway this was expected and when taking some care i could play all patches and those from Lotuzia are optimized for lower CPU use.

UPDATE:
Also got the EmergeAudio Trance n Dirt soundset now.

The two remaining commercial souundsets are more expensive than those other two so maybe i'll have a look at those later. Looking forward to that from Simon Stockhausen. 5 commercial soundsets is already quite much but i think this synth got a huge sonic range for doing some more...

I'll also try to do a soundset myself but no time schedule yet. :)
Have done a few interesting sounds already.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hey Ingo, thanks for your interest! I hope there will be more soundsets in near future. I'm also looking forward for Simon's one, that should be something exciting. I hope you will have lots of fun with the synth and the banks!

Fine Ingo!

Take your time.

You have here an raw chunk meat ahead itself. (Sorry vegetarian!)

Have a nice day :)

Just had a look at the manual and finally got a clue about the XY Morph in the oscillator section.
I was a bit worried about missing adjustable Pulse and PWM but this seems to work using the "Basic Square" sound source and using the X-axis of the morph pad.

I created a very basic patch and observed the changes using a Signal Analyzer plugin. This is a great way to learn new synths. I am also used this while doing Beta tests for new synths like e.g. Rayblaster.

Maybe i'll give a higher priority doing sounds for Diversion than for other synths soon. Others have to wait then...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Maybe i'll give a higher priority doing sounds for Diversion than for other synths soon. Others have to wait then...
Ingo
Should be right up your alley, Ingo :)

Something more strange with 3 Diversions:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... o-dversion

Damn, while checking the manual i almost get a headache due to the many possible features... :cry: :help: :D

With even more features in Diversion 2 my head will bne close to explode... :shock:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Damn, while checking the manual i almost get a headache due to the many possible features... :cry: :help: :D
Ingo
I'm really sorry for this :D Yes there are lots of synth's tehniques built in real-time OSCs shapes. PWM inside "Basic Square", hard and soft sync in "Sync", there are also various PD/FM/FoldBack and other shaping algorithms in different waves. Though they aren't universal and can't be used on arbitrary waveforms, but they has recognizable sound character and can be easily used to form classic and advanced sounds.

I've been checking out the demo. Now I read here about wave tables, but I had the impression the four oscillators have a constant wave (which can be modulated using RM/FM/scis/chip/etc.). Am I wrong, and can oscillators also move through a wave table?

FLWrd wrote:I've been checking out the demo. Now I read here about wave tables, but I had the impression the four oscillators have a constant wave (which can be modulated using RM/FM/scis/chip/etc.). Am I wrong, and can oscillators also move through a wave table?
I guess i already tried to discuss that a while ago when i checked the demo for the first time.
Actually the wavetable editor seems to be an editor for a single waveform.

The "generic" wavefeorms could change their shape when using the oscilator XY-controller (e.g. Pulse width with the X-axis of "Basic Square").

I purchased it yesterday so so far I have not s'checked if it is possible to do such waveform morphs yourself with the editor.
Opposing to the "Generated" waveforms the "wavetables" contained with the factory content don't seem to change with the XY-controller in the oscillator section.

A description of the wavetable editor seems to be missing in the current manual(v1.27) but will be added later.

quote from the manual:
"The Sound Source also offers WaveTable Editor, which allows loading, editing and saving single-cycled WAV-files. Description of the WaveTable Editor will be added later."

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Some "experiments" with the "Acid LP" filter posted here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=374020

That filter model is awesome IMO... :love:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Yes we talked about that with Ingo not a long ago. Probably that would be better to rename wavetable to something less vague, but there are few things - wavetable morphing will be added later and it always hurts to change something in GUI and manual. So I hope that is acceptable for now…

I love 303, Ingo. "Acid LP" is a sort of variation of the TB's lowpass, though it's not emulation, kind of free style experiments. Also I love accent on filter envelopes in 303 and someday will try to build a filter, or envelope mode, or some add-on for ARP with similar effect. That would be crazy feature.

sches wrote: I love 303, Ingo. "Acid LP" is a sort of variation of the TB's lowpass, though it's not emulation, kind of free style experiments. Also I love accent on filter envelopes in 303 and someday will try to build a filter, or envelope mode, or some add-on for ARP with similar effect. That would be crazy feature.
Hi Dmitry,

actually i like the Acid filter already like it is (especially in combination with e.g. the filter drive/distortion). The idea with the 1:1 comparison with D16 Phoscyon came with that other thread where i posted the demos.

Of course an additional filter and/or envelope mode in a future version would not hurt, but the current ones should be kept too. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”