Diversion for MacOS released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Hello guys, I made the first quick fix for Mac and changed version to 1.2.3. You could download the new version from the website or by using this link:

http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_123_MacOS.zip

Two crashes were fixed. The first one sometimes occurs when reopening plugin window in Logic. The second one may take place when switching through presets. Also few GUI glitches have gone. The bug fixing is not completed yet, I'm solving the problem with menu button. Soon I'll release the next update. Let me know please if any problem, I'll fix it asap.

Thanks Simon for excellent sounds, they are very inspiring and unusual.

sches wrote:Hello guys, I made the first quick fix for Mac and changed version to 1.2.3. You could download the new version from the website or by using this link:

http://dmitrysches.com/files/Diversion_123_MacOS.zip

Two crashes were fixed. The first one sometimes occurs when reopening plugin window in Logic. The second one may take place when switching through presets. Also few GUI glitches have gone. The bug fixing is not completed yet, I'm solving the problem with menu button. Soon I'll release the next update. Let me know please if any problem, I'll fix it asap.

Thanks Simon for excellent sounds, they are very inspiring and unusual.
Wow - quickest hotfix ever :) - downloading now and checking then...

My pleasure Dmitry!

The Crash-Bug is still there when removing or adding Diversion from/to an instrument track in Logic - the latest Crashlog using v 1.23:

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834120b6 __kill + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834b2997 __abort + 103
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834b2a05 abort_report_np + 0
3 com.apple.logic.pro 0x00000001003b3226 std::_Rb_tree<short, std::pair<short const, CGRect>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<short const, CGRect> >, std::less<short>, std::allocator<std::pair<short const, CGRect> > >::_M_erase(std::_Rb_tree_node<std::pair<short const, CGRect> >*) + 98486
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834241ba _sigtramp + 26
5 ??? 0x00007fff5fbfe970 0 + 140734799800688
6 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff885a2bb8 __CFRunLoopRun + 6488
7 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff885a0d8f CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 575
8 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff882837ee RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 333
9 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff88283551 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 148
10 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff882834ac BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 59
11 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff82444eb2 _DPSNextEvent + 708
12 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff82444801 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 155
13 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff8240a68f -[NSApplication run] + 395
14 com.apple.prokit 0x000000010120d04b NSProApplicationMain + 267
15 com.apple.logic.pro 0x000000010002aa58 DummyConnection::DummyConnection() + 86

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I'm just testing Diversion in Studio One 2 - whenever I click on the Menue in the center of the GUI, I get the spinning wheel of Mac-Death and after some minutes have to force quit the DAW and restart.
This problem does not occur in Logic though.

strange like i reported in the topic it happened everytime in logic here,i will try with the new update when i get back home.

thx sches

about the sound the synth really remind me es2

Big upz to Dmitry for his support of Voltage Disciple.Expect some new presets for this ultra modern, superb sounding synth real soon.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Excellent synth, should be doing some work right now, but having so much fun with it. Here's a little doodle, drone thingy.
http://soundcloud.com/bdeep-2/bd-diversion-drone

BDeep wrote:Excellent synth, should be doing some work right now, but having so much fun with it. Here's a little doodle, drone thingy.
http://soundcloud.com/bdeep-2/bd-diversion-drone
am having this problem as well :D
instead of working on a track, i'm getting caught up exploring individual presets...really, a good sign for me.
i NEED to be inspired by sounds, playability. a new plugin to love! 8)

fisherKing wrote:am having this problem as well :D
instead of working on a track, i'm getting caught up exploring individual presets...really, a good sign for me.
i NEED to be inspired by sounds, playability. a new plugin to love! 8)
I guess you also feel you should've waited for this instead of jumping on Z3ta ;)

Thanks for the update, still getting the problems with vanishing presets and gui though:

I now think they are related, as soon as the presets disappeared, which was just the result of moving through them one by one using the arrows and playing each for a few minutes, I closed then reopened the gui and it had gone grey. That happened to me yesterday too, but in Kore 2 (only there it went white and it was the AU). Seems like a memory leak related sort of thing to me.

Also can you make it so that cc's assigned are retained?

Also pressing menu causes a hang (in everything so far)

Excellent sound BDeep, thanks!

Yes, few problems are still remained, I'm working on that now, soon all will be fixed. Also I'll think on how to get CCs retained. Thanks for support.

sches wrote: Yes, few problems are still remained, I'm working on that now, soon all will be fixed. Also I'll think on how to get CCs retained. Thanks for support.
Thanks - one more thing is the morph XY's seem reversed compared to everything else I have set up XY mappings for on my XY joystick.

I love hearing what other people can do with diversion... :D It can do so many things and soon even more. There's a reason why Diversion is my number one baby :)

Thanks simon and bdeep for sharing!
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:I love hearing what other people can do with diversion... :D It can do so many things and soon even more. There's a reason why Diversion is my number one baby :)

Thanks simon and bdeep for sharing!
sound really nice indeed , it s a bit like a modern es2 on stereoid.

why soon even more? is there a update coming or something

version2 has been mentioned :D Maybe it wont be tomorrow, but that doesn't stop excitement, does it :lol:
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”