Basic ROMpler / sampler for synth sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
vaisnava wrote:Cakewalk's Rapture
He's asking for a basic ROMpler. I guess that Rapture is far from being "basic"...
+1

Suggestions like UVI Vintage Keys, which is 20GB+ library and €350 (incl) is pretty far from basic.

Indepedence Free is the kind of thing I would call basic rompler.

Numanoid wrote:WusikStation surely is your best bet ;)
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

sample moog

Autogun is a good suggestion. Very fun to use and most of the time it gives a good sound.

AAS does look interesting, they want email to try :x :x :x :x
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

If you can wait for the new Arturia MiniLab to be released, it looks like a great rompler with 5000 ready-to-be-used sounds, and you get a midi controller too.

Numanoid wrote:If you can wait for the new Arturia MiniLab to be released, it looks like a great rompler with 5000 ready-to-be-used sounds, and you get a midi controller too.
I wonder if they'll do a version without the controller. I have no use for that but I'd love the sounds :D

Numanoid wrote:If you can wait for the new Arturia MiniLab to be released, it looks like a great rompler with 5000 ready-to-be-used sounds, and you get a midi controller too.
Oh yeah. I just found my new ipad keyboard - class compliant, 16 knobs. This thing will go good with my netbook and those 5000 sounds too. Portable rig solution. I'm getting it. Let me say again...16 knobs!!!

Don't need the 5000 sounds on my ipad, but I got a bunch of fantastic iOS synths I am blown away by and need something to take with me on the go with it.

8)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Looks lie they advertise it to work with ipad and camera connection kit because it is class compliant, but no mention of it being able to be battery powered, just USB bus powered. That won't work with ipad and cck. You need batteries to run with ipad. Cck just enough to transmit USB midi.

Edit - this is what happened with padKontrol trying to run it USB bus powered on ipad, maybe this keyboard will work. I just saw lots of bus powered small controllers advertised to work with ipad and cck, so it just may be padKontrol that won't.

I also just realized you had better spend the $400 for the V synth bundle to get use out of minilabs software. Still, a good idea for a small controller. Minilab is not a Rompler by any means given that you must have all softsynths installed for it to work.
Last edited by Wormhelmet on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wusik? Seriously?
The patches are shit and horrible.

I would recommend Dimension Pro, affordable and has a huge library.

Cant you just ignore the parameters or dont open the custom interface so you never see the parameters?

Seems wierd you need a parameterless interface in order for it to be acceptable.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Seems wierd you need a parameterless interface in order for it to be acceptable.
I know...but I'm a freak! I have many plug-ins & I love sound synthesis but many ROMplers tend to try to employ sound synthesis parameters to improve the raw sounds...bypass the processing & they sound crap!

Return to “Instruments”