One-Synth-Challenge 49: Twin 2 - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

True, but unfair if not all have or can get the plugin.

V'ger wrote:True, but unfair if not all have or can get the plugin.
But also unfair if some get exceptionally good plugins with unfair sequencing abilities with a more expensive sequencer, say, Cubase 7 vs. Reaper. Won't argue the point more... just all sequencers are not created equal and probably possible to simply capture the output of any MIDI plug... so why not just be able to use it?

I tend to agree with z.prime on this. As a practical matter, it would be impossible to enforce a ban on commercial midi plugins. The final project could just include the output of the plugin and not the plugin itself, and nobody could tell how the midi sequence was created.

Twin has been in my arsenal for years. Fabfilter makes the best UI for audio plug-ins in the world. That's my opinion anyway. I don't know if I'll have time to get a track together but this contest makes me happy :)

There is of course the difference between the DAWs that can affect the final song, but in my opinion mostly with the audio plugins and not so much the MIDI plugins as even free ones can basically do the same as most others. But as with any plugin, the ones inside the DAW are fine to use so that's not an issue.

I don't know what MIDI plugin you're thinking about, but the best arpeggiator is in my opinion Arp!0 and that is free. There's note and chord generators like Hyperion or ChordSpace. Then there's MidiSeq!, MidiMod!, Hypercyclic, Tonespace and... well you get the point.

It's true that besides asking for the project file it's difficult to enforce the use of commercial MIDI plugins, but it's the same for commercial audio plugins as well.

But what MIDI plugins are you thinking about? Is it the newly released Kirnu Cream or Cthulhu, or is it something from Sugar Bytes?

V'ger wrote:... or Cthulhu ...
You got it; an absolutely wonderful chord designer...

Well then if your tracks or phrases start to sound like Bach I will know when to ask for the project file.. ;) http://youtu.be/3t2yD1kX2_w?t=2m30s

But have a look at nicFit Chords, midiChords, ChordSpace, Tonespace, Hyperion and Major sketch pad (link to download in the discussion field http://www.kvraudio.com/product/major_s ... ivt_darhus).

Just entered my twin2 submission "Breeze in the forest"

This was fun!
:borg:

V'ger wrote:It's true that besides asking for the project file it's difficult to enforce the use of commercial MIDI plugins, but it's the same for commercial audio plugins as well.
Well, not quite. My point was that with the audio plugins you can ask for the project file and you can tell whether or not the project sounds the same as the original submission, but not so with MIDI plugins. How would you know if z.prime (just to pick on him for bringing up this topic ;) ) gives you a project file that was generated by saving the MIDI output of the plugin, and then deleting the plugin itself from the project?

V0RT3X wrote:Just entered my twin2 submission "Breeze in the forest"

This was fun!
Hi Vort3x, nice to see you here participating.
Remember to make an entry text here, tell us a bit what effects did you use, how many instances, and a link to your soundcloud track.

Have a nice day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Just entered my twin2 submission "Breeze in the forest"

This was fun!
Hi Vort3x, nice to see you here participating.
Remember to make an entry text here, tell us a bit what effects did you use, how many instances, and a link to your soundcloud track.

Have a nice day :)
Ooops, sorry.

10 Fabfilter Twin tracks (none of them use external effects or anything else)

1 Master Track (Ableton Reverb, Ableton Compressor and thats it)

https://soundcloud.com/vortex1-1/breeze-in-the-forest

Cheers
:borg:

@Adagiocm: Easier to hide with MIDI plugins of course, but in large part the same with audio ones. It would be difficult to tell if a plugin was replaced now that many freewares are a good match for commercial.

http://soundcloud.com/clauderagonnet/clarago-gemini

17 instances of Twin2
Host:Logic
Effects: compression,overdrive,distortion,echo,EQ,limiter all in-built

What's best to upload to Soundcloud for quality? WAV? 320kb mp3?
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

Full wav as SoundCloud will encode everything to 128kbs mp3 for the player even if it already is in that format, so with wav at least you get only one conversion.

The downloadable file is unchanged = how you uploaded it.

Return to “Instruments”